HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komi and cie ridiculizing the journalists

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
  #26
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
Haha honestly I think thats pretty funny, good way to ignore the intense Montreal media

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
  #27
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
I just can't believe HF boards.. it seems like the players are never accountable for anything, it's all the media's fault..

they are paid millions to be professional and most of them didn't act professionnaly at all this year, this is a lack of respect to the organisation, the retired great habs and the fans.

I can't believe the blind love. Those players laughed at you and you keep defending them.

it's because of the media, it's because of the fans, it's because of every thing BUT the players themselves.
You really believe Michel Bergeron stating a bunch of players said ''meuuuuuh'' to a horde of journalists?

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
  #28
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
what!? habs players acting unprofessionnaly?? impossible!

they're all angels! damn evil media with their neo-nazi agenda.
Can you at least wait until someone makes a generalization about the media before you get up on the cross?


Last edited by Blind Gardien: 04-23-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: generalizing where it hurts most
habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
  #29
Catch-22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
I just can't believe HF boards.. it seems like the players are never accountable for anything, it's all the media's fault..

they are paid millions to be professional and most of them didn't act professionnaly at all this year, this is a lack of respect to the organisation, the retired great habs and the fans.

I can't believe the blind love. Those players laughed at you and you keep defending them.

it's because of the media, it's because of the fans, it's because of every thing BUT the players themselves.
Some players who don't compete, like Tanguay, A Kost, pleks and co. But journalists are supposed to be professionals, too. I guess they left their professional standards at the locker room door, or sold out to score easy points on the Rejean Tremblay nationalist media bandwagon. **** 'em. Ban them from the locker room. Are the Habs in the business of winning or pleasing a few idiots?

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
  #30
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
I just can't believe HF boards.. it seems like the players are never accountable for anything, it's all the media's fault..

they are paid millions to be professional and most of them didn't act professionnaly at all this year, this is a lack of respect to the organisation, the retired great habs and the fans.

I can't believe the blind love. Those players laughed at you and you keep defending them.

it's because of the media, it's because of the fans, it's because of every thing BUT the players themselves.
It's not blind love. When a player makes fun of the medias, he makes fun of the medias, not the fans. Had Komisarek said "the fans are idiots", now I'd have a problem. As for the whole "they're paid millions", I'm not the one paying them. Money's such a weak argument to use against players. If you don't like the players, don't go to the Bell Center or buy Habs merchandise. The End.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
  #31
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
I thinks it hillarious

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
  #32
Habarazzi
Registered User
 
Habarazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
Meeeeuh like a cow?
hahahaha

I was thinking the same thing - lol

what the heck is Meeeeuh?

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
  #33
Raskolnikov76
Registered User
 
Raskolnikov76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
You really believe Michel Bergeron stating a bunch of players said ''meuuuuuh'' to a horde of journalists?
It's about the year in general.

Like that video on youtube of Price and BGL goofing around after game #1 .. maybe you think it's funny, I think it's completely innapropriate.

I'm not telling that they should be boring robots and everything.. but when you had a very disapointing season, you're losing a playoff game after your arch-enemy, and having your 5th straight loss, and refuse to meet the press.. but, hey you have time to goof around with a buddy of yours and let him put that on youtube.. that's professional and mature isn't it? Hockey is a religion here, he should know that by now, and he should have the judgement to know that maybe it isn't the right time to goof around.

If I'm GG I'm not that happy to see the future of my franchise being so dumb at times, i'd like to smack it behind the head instead of always protecting him.

Raskolnikov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
  #34
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
I just can't believe HF boards.. it seems like the players are never accountable for anything, it's all the media's fault..

they are paid millions to be professional and most of them didn't act professionnaly at all this year, this is a lack of respect to the organisation, the retired great habs and the fans.

I can't believe the blind love. Those players laughed at you and you keep defending them.

it's because of the media, it's because of the fans, it's because of every thing BUT the players themselves.
Which media member are you?

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
  #35
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
I was in my car not long ago and got the Komisarek interview he was talking stuff like : "I loved to play with the Canadien" ... i think he is done as an Hab.
I predicted this 3 months ago when I saw him interviewed by RDS , in that interview he said "I've enjoyed my time here in Montreal" I have heard that before from athletes in all sports. I bet he will be in Long Island when training camp starts, y'all just wait and see...

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
  #36
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 1549
We ridiculize the journalists everyday. The journalists ridiculize the players all the time. The journalists even ridiculize each other. Why would it be wrong for the players to ridiculize the media? They're fair game.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
  #37
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
It's about the year in general.

Like that video on youtube of Price and BGL goofing around after game #1 .. maybe you think it's funny, I think it's completely innapropriate.

I'm not telling that they should be boring robots and everything.. but when you had a very disapointing season, you're losing a playoff game after your arch-enemy, and having your 5th straight loss, and refuse to meet the press.. but, hey you have time to goof around with a buddy of yours and let him put that on youtube.. that's professional and mature isn't it? Hockey is a religion here, he should know that by now, and he should have the judgement to know that maybe it isn't the right time to goof around.

If I'm GG I'm not that happy to see the future of my franchise being so dumb at times, i'd like to smack it behind the head instead of always protecting him.
Give the guys a freakin break already!!!!

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:09 PM
  #38
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
It's about the year in general.

Like that video on youtube of Price and BGL goofing around after game #1 .. maybe you think it's funny, I think it's completely innapropriate.

I'm not telling that they should be boring robots and everything.. but when you had a very disapointing season, you're losing a playoff game after your arch-enemy, and having your 5th straight loss, and refuse to meet the press.. but, hey you have time to goof around with a buddy of yours and let him put that on youtube.. that's professional and mature isn't it? Hockey is a religion here, he should know that by now, and he should have the judgement to know that maybe it isn't the right time to goof around.

If I'm GG I'm not that happy to see the future of my franchise being so dumb at times, i'd like to smack it behind the head instead of always protecting him.
I really, really don't understand how Habs fans can get pissed about AN HUMORISTIC VIDEO.
Who cares if it was after game 1 and they lost? Do you think players go home and cry after every loss? Personally, I felt pretty pumped after game 1, it was a tight game. If a dude comes and does a funny interview, are they gonna tell him ''**** WE LOST BOOOHOO''. No. They participated and it was pretty funny. That's it. It's not a lack of heart of respect. It was the nature of the interview.

*facepalm*

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
  #39
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Bergeron and some of his buddies from CKAC are the ones who should leave.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
  #40
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 500
i think were missing the point here, where komi answered the questions in the past. We can speculate about what this means but if it does mean something, its not good.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
  #41
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
I feel stupid now, the first thought that popped into my head when reading the thread title was "who the **** is Cie?"
Yeah, why using some french on these boards anyway....

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
  #42
Prendan Brust
Registered User
 
Prendan Brust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
You guys might think it's funny, but personally I think it means a lot of guys are gone. Not because the management will hate it, but because they took this liberty because they know they'll be out of harm way next year. Good news or bad news? Bad news I guess because they'll spread the word around the league.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
  #43
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
I have been thinking Komo is gone for the last while now. He is sick of the media and fans.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
  #44
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
I just can't believe HF boards.. it seems like the players are never accountable for anything, it's all the media's fault..

they are paid millions to be professional and most of them didn't act professionnaly at all this year, this is a lack of respect to the organisation, the retired great habs and the fans.

I can't believe the blind love. Those players laughed at you and you keep defending them.

it's because of the media, it's because of the fans, it's because of every thing BUT the players themselves.
I agree. The Canadiens lost games because they didn't execute at all on the ice. Nobody loses games or gets scored on because the media criticizes them. The players' job is to get themselves ready, practice their craft and establish a team game. That wasn't done at all this season.

I understand there were a lot of injuries. However, this doesn't explain at all the counterplay of several players ranging from Plekanec to Hamerlik to Price. The same mistakes were repeated all year long. We kept talking how zone defense was horrible, how players never communicated with one another this season. Also, Price had a glaring flaw on his blocker, this was exposed all series long and the Bruins kept shooting on that side.

I understand that Price isn't the only one to blame. However, he didn't do his job. All year long he was criticized for not practicing much. It's fine that he takes all the pressure on himself and that he cares so much for the team and whatnot, but that's not where it's at. We're not talking imaginary stuff here, we're talking clear flaws that weren't corrected this season.

This is not the journalists' fault, it's not mine, it's not yours, they have access to all the best coaches in the world and all the ice-team they need to work on establishing a system that suits the team and that wasn't done at all this season.

Good for them that they want to blame the crowd, the media, the Tampa GM, the journalist's wife and whatnot but that's not where it's at one bit. There was a problematic with the Canadiens, and the series of problems wasn't solved at all at any point in the season.

It's completely fine that some fans only want to be fans and take in whatever the organization says, but I don't accept it.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
  #45
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I agree. The Canadiens lost games because they didn't execute at all on the ice. Nobody loses games or gets scored on because the media criticizes them. The players' job is to get themselves ready, practice their craft and establish a team game. That wasn't done at all this season.

I understand there were a lot of injuries. However, this doesn't explain at all the counterplay of several players ranging from Plekanec to Hamerlik to Price. The same mistakes were repeated all year long. We kept talking how zone defense was horrible, how players never communicated with one another this season. Also, Price had a glaring flaw on his blocker, this was exposed all series long and the Bruins kept shooting on that side.

I understand that Price isn't the only one to blame. However, he didn't do his job. All year long he was criticized for not practicing much. It's fine that he takes all the pressure on himself and that he cares so much for the team and whatnot, but that's not where it's at. We're not talking imaginary stuff here, we're talking clear flaws that weren't corrected this season.

This is not the journalists' fault, it's not mine, it's not yours, they have access to all the best coaches in the world and all the ice-team they need to work on establishing a system that suits the team and that wasn't done at all this season.

Good for them that they want to blame the crowd, the media, the Tampa GM, the journalist's wife and whatnot but that's not where it's at one bit. There was a problematic with the Canadiens, and the series of problems wasn't solved at all at any point in the season.

It's completely fine that some fans only want to be fans and take in whatever the organization says, but I don't accept it.
I think you misunderstand. Nobody is saying the media is responsible for the Habs losing games. Just that the Montreal hockey is ridiculous, sensationalist, and has gone especially crazy this season. IMO, it's important that journos get called out when they overstep their bounds, otherwise folks will take them seriously.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
  #46
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I think you misunderstand. Nobody is saying the media is responsible for the Habs losing games. Just that the Montreal hockey is ridiculous, sensationalist, and has gone especially crazy this season. IMO, it's important that journos get called out when they overstep their bounds, otherwise folks will take them seriously.
I think journalists do a good job in montreal

if you want to blame polemists, fine that's one thing, but blaming journalists for the Kostitsyn/Hamerlik story is another.

Players keep complaining about the media. Komisarek said how hard it was to keep his focus and whatnot, so I doubt that nobody blames it on the media for this season.


Last edited by Mathletic: 04-23-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
  #47
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Time to take a couple of month away from the Habs for me I think. This is getting just stupid beyond belief.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
  #48
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I think journalists do a good job in montreal

if you want to blame polemists, fine that's one thing, but blaming journalists for the Kostitsyn/Hamerlik story is another.

Players keep complaining about the media. Komisarek said how hard it was to keep his focus and whatnot, so I doubt that nobody blames it on the media for this season.
As a journalist myself (not a sport journalist), I strongly disagree. There are very few honest and unbiased journalists that cover the Habs in Montreal, like Mathias Brunet for example. Most of them can't make the difference between reporting actual facts (what they should be doing) and spreading unverified rumors, commenting news and rumors and just doing plain and brutal sensationalism (what most of them do).

I sometimes feel Montreal's sports journalists got their journalist degrees in a cereal box. They obviously don't know what journalism is and they are a shame for this profession.

Don't you think it's quite ironic that the only factual report that has come out from all the off-ice Habs problems and rumor circus was actually done by a non-sport journalist (Patrick Lagacé)??? I think it is...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
  #49
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
As a journalist myself (not a sport journalist), I strongly disagree. There are very few honest and unbiased journalists that cover the Habs in Montreal, like Mathias Brunet for example. Most of them can't make the difference between reporting actual facts (what they should be doing) and spreading unverified rumors, commenting news and rumors and just doing plain and brutal sensationalism (what most of them do).

I sometimes feel Montreal's sports journalists got their journalist degrees in a cereal box. They obviously don't know what journalism is and they are a shame for this profession.

Don't you think it's quite ironic that the only factual report that has come out from all the off-ice Habs problems and rumor circus was actually done by a non-sport journalist (Patrick Lagacé)??? I think it is...
Lagacé wasn't alone on that case and there were actual journalists who worked with him on the case.

Would you give me examples of journalists who clearly were wrong in what they did?

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:30 PM
  #50
habbie67
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
It's about the year in general.

Like that video on youtube of Price and BGL goofing around after game #1 .. maybe you think it's funny, I think it's completely innapropriate.

I'm not telling that they should be boring robots and everything.. but when you had a very disapointing season, you're losing a playoff game after your arch-enemy, and having your 5th straight loss, and refuse to meet the press.. but, hey you have time to goof around with a buddy of yours and let him put that on youtube.. that's professional and mature isn't it? Hockey is a religion here, he should know that by now, and he should have the judgement to know that maybe it isn't the right time to goof around.

If I'm GG I'm not that happy to see the future of my franchise being so dumb at times, i'd like to smack it behind the head instead of always protecting him.
Do you even know who Cabbie is? that's what his interviews are.. its just having fun with the athletes.. and Georges Laraque is a smart guy, he may tell it like it is to the media and put them in their place but he will never disrespect the fans.. Price and Georges know that Cabbie isnt coming to actually talk abt the game.. it's probably nice for them to forget about it.. let's try to remember they are a team of men.. not machines.

habbie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.