HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Old
04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knivez View Post
Odds on him asking for a trade?

In that light, you know...Colorado really needs a goalie right about now...
Tempting....Paul Stastny and Ryan Stoa for Price and something....

Our centermen issues are settled for many years to come.

But Price isn't going anywhere yet.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
habbie67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
whats gonna happen Price? you gonna ask for a trade? what a tool. grow some balls.
what are you talking about man? hes 21..
you're saying that you have never made a mistake that you regret? he's getting booed by hundreds of people who have accused him of partying too much, not giving 100% when in reality we can't be the judge of that.. its frustrating for him.
he's a 21 year old guy who came from an island in BC where he probably had no clubs and comes to montreal, and becomes a celebrity...your telling me that at 21, if people wanted to go out partying with you and girls were interested in you you wouldnt take advantage of it?
its been a tough year for everyone on the team, especially on him, everytime he got his game back he got injured or sick.
i think it was a natural reaction to hundreds of fans booing him for no good reason..

habbie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
not really. all the journalists were looking for (and especially the french ones) were negative stuff by asking gems like "you look depressed and down, when you think about having to deal with this year after year how do you stay positive?"

also everyone sounded as if it was all habs fans who act like that. It was probably like 1000 of them acting like **********.
I just thought it was good of him to actually go out and face the media. It would be easy enough to pay the $10,000 fine and skip it.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
He says he wants too stay.
If this happens anymore too him he will want too leave.
Then the shining knight Halak will save the franchise

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
I just thought it was good of him to actually go out and face the media. It would be easy enough to pay the $10,000 fine and skip it.
A fine? what are you talking about >_>

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Etienne

Can we change the title of the thread? The way it sounds makes it like Price meant he wanted to leave Montreal. It's not even what he said. He said "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help".

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Cheli

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Can we change the title of the thread? The way it sounds makes it like Price meant he wanted to leave Montreal. It's not even what he said. He said "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help".
no, he also said what's in the thread title. He started it off by saying "well, to be honest...(thread title). It was after being asked if he regrets doing it now..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
You do realize that most of the guys who boo Price last night are not on those boards ???
I see people being ruthless towards Brisebois everyday. Even last year when he was the best d-man on the team during the playofs people kept whining and whinning about him, so in the end, people choose their targets when they want to. But when it's Price, then it's so much worse than everything else. The guy was booed for 1 period. Brisebois was booed for games and games and people still whine about him today, so I have a hard time understanding what was so terrible about Price last night.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
no, he also said what's in the thread title. He started it off by saying "well, to be honest...(thread title). It was after being asked if he regrets doing it now..
No he didn't.. watch the Youtube posted above. When they asked him if he regretted it, he said he wished he could have held his composure a bit more. When they said it was reminiscent of Patrick Roy, he says "well, you know, to be honest, I used that gesture to remind people that booing doesn't always help."

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:10 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I see people being ruthless towards Brisebois everyday. Even last year when he was the best d-man on the team during the playofs people kept whining and whinning about him, so in the end, people choose their targets when they want to. But when it's Price, then it's so much worse than everything else. The guy was booed for 1 period. Brisebois was booed for games and games and people still whine about him today, so I have a hard time understanding what was so terrible about Price last night.
Completely agreed. I don't understand why one player should be "immune from boo's" while the rest aren't. Also I don't agree with the booing but I understand it. On one hand it possibly affects team confidence and our ability to attract UFAs. However, on the other hand booing is part of what creates the Hab's atmosphere. I mean the fans at the Bell Center could act quiet and never cheer like in some arenas and then people would say it's such a boring atmosphere. When you have the atmosphere in Montreal, it gives an advantage when the team is winning, but it can be detrimental when the team is losing.

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
No he didn't.. watch the Youtube posted above. When they asked him if he regretted it, he said he wished he could have held his composure a bit more. When they said it was reminiscent of Patrick Roy, he says "well, you know, to be honest, I used that gesture to remind people that booing doesn't always help."
My bad then. I must have heard it wrong originally.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:20 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
not really. all the journalists were looking for (and especially the french ones) were negative stuff by asking gems like "you look depressed and down, when you think about having to deal with this year after year how do you stay positive?"
Yeah, I wouldn't want to talk to the media either when they are asking such ridiculous questions. I would of told that guy to GTFO.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
TheCH*

Price ain't cut out for this environment, especially when he openly admits expectations are to high, that just goes to show his lack of confidence. I mean if everybody else sees him and tells him he is capable of great things, why doesn't he believe it himself?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Completely agreed. I don't understand why one player should be "immune from boo's" while the rest aren't. Also I don't agree with the booing but I understand it. On one hand it possibly affects team confidence and our ability to attract UFAs. However, on the other hand booing is part of what creates the Hab's atmosphere. I mean the fans at the Bell Center could act quiet and never cheer like in some arenas and then people would say it's such a boring atmosphere. When you have the atmosphere in Montreal, it gives an advantage when the team is winning, but it can be detrimental when the team is losing.
Um just because a team doesn't boo doesn't mean the team doesn't cheer. Have we become such an idiotic fanbase that we actually justify our idiotic booing as part of our "atmosphere". Jesus have I lost touch with reality here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Actually a lot of players were, and thats why we have 24 cups!

Stop living in the past. dur hur we won 24 cups:

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Actually a lot of players were, and thats why we have 24 cups!
Not like this...Not even close. The media used to cover for the players.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post

Stop living in the past. dur hur we won 24 cups:
**** you i can bring up the past if i want. The fans have ALWAYS been ruthless in Montreal, yet they still have more cups then any other team. Its just players nowadays are far to sensitive, and those are guys that don't have what it takes to win here.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
dd

Lets follow the playoffs, AHL style. Root for the prospects.
This NHL season is done!

dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
How about staying behind the team and cheering even louder like they did in the memorable 5-0 comeback against the Rangers? If the crowd doesn't give up, the players are forced to keep trying. Yesterday's game was over with 25 mins left to play with all the booing and jeering.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 692
don't do it guys dont do it

what is this thinking? how much of an idiot do you have to be to not recognize the potential disaster we might create with Carey Price

can you tell me what the ******* you are thinking when you boo our gem, our top prospect..the guy we will have to rely on for SEVERAL years in the future?

how the ******* cant you see this guy is 21 years old, playing goalie..since when are goalies reaching top potential at 21???

could you explain also how you can blame Price for loosing against Boston?? they were top seed all year long..we're missing several of our best players and you expect us to win???

did you even take a look at boston goals?? freaking one timers or perfect shot from the slot..how many breakaways did Phil freaking Kessel get? isnt he their best freaking scorer?? Price did his best and made many saves who would have been key saves in a tight matchup..

so basically the game plan is to run carey price out of town and hope he's bad? sorry that wont happen

this guy has some of the signs of a depressed person, lets encourage him..this is the hard part right there..right now! you know in 10 years when we'll be talking about Carey Price with a huge smile on our faces the same way we talk about any blue chips players I will be happy not to be among those stupid idiotic morong gutless fans who gave up on Price on that season 2008-2009.

there should be a register right now so we can make a list of all those "fans"

if you are habs fan you bleed the habs..no matter what happen you root for them..boo the team if you want but booing a single player?? You cannot do that.

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Stubbs88

i think we should all thank god that he still wants to grow and develop in montreal..would be a shame to see him go somewhere else because of the fans/media

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:56 PM
AlexCvm

The funny thing is that when we drafted Price, everyone was like "what a calm, relax guy he is"....next thing you know, he's crying after lost, pulling a " Roy like move" etc...

Funny what a few years can change.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by habbie67 View Post
what are you talking about man? hes 21..
you're saying that you have never made a mistake that you regret? he's getting booed by hundreds of people who have accused him of partying too much, not giving 100% when in reality we can't be the judge of that.. its frustrating for him.
he's a 21 year old guy who came from an island in BC where he probably had no clubs and comes to montreal, and becomes a celebrity...your telling me that at 21, if people wanted to go out partying with you and girls were interested in you you wouldnt take advantage of it?
its been a tough year for everyone on the team, especially on him, everytime he got his game back he got injured or sick.
i think it was a natural reaction to hundreds of fans booing him for no good reason..
So williams lake is on an island? News to me...

rune74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
icerocket

Quote:
**** you i can bring up the past if i want. The fans have ALWAYS been ruthless in Montreal, yet they still have more cups then any other team. Its just players nowadays are far to sensitive, and those are guys that don't have what it takes to win here.
'cept you know we kinda won a lot of those cups when there weren't 30 teams. But continue living in the past. In fact pretend it's the 70s and the metro just opened. Take a few rides and live in your fantasy world trying not to cry about the sorry state the habs are in.

Exactly what does it take to win here? I mean is the game played differently in Montreal? I still think we play on ice and have the same rules as everyone else.

But nooooo, fans like you walk around with this idiotic sense of entitlement.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
If I didnt already have 2 infractions, I'd make a comment about this quote....

I like Carey Price, that is all.
Put him on ignore. It's all the commenting you'll ever need to make.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote