HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
  #76
Shred
Registered User
 
Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Not like this...Not even close. The media used to cover for the players.
Perhaps. Back then the players were also regular guys who made normal salaries and some of them had second jobs in the offseason... It was easier for the media to be friendly with them and relate to them as people. Now they make more money than you can dream of, get all the hot girls and act like superstars so the media acts with them like it acts with Hollywood stars, by photographing them when they flash their kittycat in a taxi, or whatever embarrassing semi-scandal they do.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
  #77
Jarmusch
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Sorry but who the ******* this kid think he his?
He does not have 21,000 boss he has a million boss.
A million fan who believed in this team who gave us the best start of the franchise in the last 30 years.
I'm sick of all those players who are playing the victims... the fans blah blah blah... the medias Blah blah blah. This team screwd this up. The players screwd it.
What we deserved and what I wan't it's : " Sorry fan, we choked. We Sucked. We screwd your 100th"
Becaused this is what happend.
I was at the game yesterday.
The first time in my life I went to a playoff game. I'm an habs fan for 30 years now.
The team I saw yesterday played for one period.
Price at the end of the second period told us to go ******* ourself.
We paid for this team, we love them like no other fan in the league, and they have the guts too blame us!!! WAIT A MINUT KIDS!
Its a FACT... This team stoped playing after the All Star Game... and THEY screw OUR seasons.
Don't play the victims! Be sorry.

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:06 PM
  #78
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
I think it's a joke that people say the only people who boo are drunkards. Normal people can go to an event and have a bunch of drinks, without acting like idiots! NHL players make millions of dollars, the fans pay those contracts. So ultimately yes Mr Price you do have 21,000 bosses. There was plenty of issues around the Habs this year, I highly doubt they can all be blamed on fans voicing displeasure with the performance of the team. The press confernece was a big mistake in my opinion, things should have been left unsaid. Both Gainey and Price appeared to be negative, defeated and whiney. It is no wonder this team had the second half they did. If Gainey can get away with blaming everyone but himself and make excuses for his performance, where is the motivation for the players to improve? The bottom line is that Price needs to play better, if he doesnt want to hear the boos and so do his teamates.

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
  #79
AlexCvm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Imagine having season tickets in the Desjardins section and having to deal with Price "attitude" When you pay 12'000$+ per year to the Canadiens, I think you can voice your displeasure.

Anyway I really don't see why booing Price is such a big deal. However, I got to admit that being booed doesn't help you getting back on track. I don't think anyone would like to have everyone at their job booing them all day long...

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
  #80
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Perhaps. Back then the players were also regular guys who made normal salaries and some of them had second jobs in the offseason... It was easier for the media to be friendly with them and relate to them as people. Now they make more money than you can dream of, get all the hot girls and act like superstars so the media acts with them like it acts with Hollywood stars, by photographing them when they flash their kittycat in a taxi, or whatever embarrassing semi-scandal they do.
I agree and add this: Reporters also used to have integrity. They wouldn't publish pictures of a flash of kittycat. They used to write stories that were good, true and not for sensationalistic purposes.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
  #81
Reve4Shab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmusch View Post
Sorry but who the ******* this kid think he his?
He does not have 21,000 boss he has a million boss.
A million fan who believed in this team who gave us the best start of the franchise in the last 30 years.
I'm sick of all those players who are playing the victims... the fans blah blah blah... the medias Blah blah blah. This team screwd this up. The players screwd it.
What we deserved and what I wan't it's : " Sorry fan, we choked. We Sucked. We screwd your 100th"
Becaused this is what happend.
I was at the game yesterday.
The first time in my life I went to a playoff game. I'm an habs fan for 30 years now.
The team I saw yesterday played for one period.
Price at the end of the second period told us to go ******* ourself.
We paid for this team, we love them like no other fan in the league, and they have the guts too blame us!!! WAIT A MINUT KIDS!
Its a FACT... This team stoped playing after the All Star Game... and THEY screw OUR seasons.
Don't play the victims! Be sorry.
It's not because you pay to go to a game that you have the right to be an ahole. Can you honestly say we lost yesterday's game because of Price? He was booed for no ****ing reason so he had every right to tell the crowd to ****. It's always the same thing in MTL, we are always running our goalies out of town when they don't steal us games

Reve4Shab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
  #82
ScherbakAttack
Registered User
 
ScherbakAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Imagine having season tickets in the Desjardins section and having to deal with Price "attitude" When you pay 12'000$+ per year to the Canadiens, I think you can voice your displeasure.

Anyway I really don't see why booing Price is such a big deal. However, I got to admit that being booed doesn't help you getting back on track. I don't think anyone would like to have everyone at their job booing them all day long...
I have a friend who quit his job for something similar. He was doing his job + fixing other people's mistakes at his job, doing much more than he had to; his "big boss" in NY wasn't happy because he didn't stay late one day to finish someone else's project after he had finished his (because his normal boss didn't ask him to in the first place). Of course his boss being a yes-man agreed with his NY boss; so he said screw it and went to work elsewhere where his hard work was at least appreciated.

This reminds me of that. Price does decent, but he still gets boo'ed and is the scapegoat for the BC crowd. At least Price is lucky enough to have his real boss and teammates defend him.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:18 PM
  #83
Alcoolique*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Prudential Center.
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
There was 18 000 fans cheering at the Habs players right after the game. Still we have to focus on the few hundred drunken morons.

I was in the molson-ex section(411..) and I have to say there were a whole lot of morons. Most of the cheers for Price usual save was coming from the ex section.

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
  #84
AlexCvm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
What is wrong with the Molson Ex section? It's not like they give away 10 beers per person!

Booing came from ALL sections.

Cheering, however, often start in the Molson Ex section.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:23 PM
  #85
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
So ultimately yes Mr Price you do have 21,000 bosses.
Do you also believe you own Wal-Mart because you shop there?

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:35 PM
  #86
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
In what reality do you live in? They can make their millions somewhere else without having to put up with this crap - and it turns out the players leaving town are usually more successful the moment they play on another team. Montreal is the only place where you can see the fans vent their frustration on a 21 year old sophomore goalie.
Newsflash....players that play as bad as Carey has (especially goalies) get booed in any city that cares...where does this mentality come from that this is unique to Montreal? The Bronx cheer is called the "Bronx" cheer for a reason. I've seen it happen in just about every rink in the league....Price should not had reacted like that....it was immature and unprofessional....show some poise and ignore it...it's pretty simple.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
  #87
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 500
Give some effort, if you pull this partying **** next year I hope the door doesnt hit you on the way out.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:38 PM
  #88
Roke
Registered User
 
Roke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Newsflash....players that play as bad as Carey has (especially goalies) get booed in any city that cares...where does this mentality come from that this is unique to Montreal? The Bronx cheer is called the "Bronx" cheer for a reason. I've seen it happen in just about every rink in the league....Price should not had reacted like that....it was immature and unprofessional....show some poise and ignore it...it's pretty simple.
Played badly? Maybe in game 2, but definitely not game 4. He stopped 2 breakaways, wasn't giving any 2nd chance opportunities, had no chance on 3 of the goals and the Kessel goal was another breakaway. He was great last night, not bad. The team just didn't have the players to compete with Boston.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:39 PM
  #89
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Newsflash....players that play as bad as Carey has (especially goalies) get booed in any city that cares...where does this mentality come from that this is unique to Montreal? The Bronx cheer is called the "Bronx" cheer for a reason. I've seen it happen in just about every rink in the league....Price should not had reacted like that....it was immature and unprofessional....show some poise and ignore it...it's pretty simple.
How has Price played bad in this series? He had a subpar 2nd half of the season, no doubt, but the reason for getting swept out of the playoffs is the complete lack of defensive in front of him and scoring 6 goals in 4 games.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
  #90
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Played badly? Maybe in game 2, but definitely not game 4. He stopped 2 breakaways, wasn't giving any 2nd chance opportunities, had no chance on 3 of the goals and the Kessel goal was another breakaway. He was great last night, not bad. The team just didn't have the players to compete with Boston.
He was solid in game 4. But, IMO he was < average the rest of the series...and downright brutal at times. Look at the stats. He sucked....and has sucked for a long time.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM
  #91
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Imagine having season tickets in the Desjardins section and having to deal with Price "attitude" When you pay 12'000$+ per year to the Canadiens, I think you can voice your displeasure.

Anyway I really don't see why booing Price is such a big deal. However, I got to admit that being booed doesn't help you getting back on track. I don't think anyone would like to have everyone at their job booing them all day long...
Is anyone forcing them to pay the $12,000? Ever heard of voting with your wallet, and ever think by voicing your displeasure you hurt the team more then help?

Its like being in a relationship when someone is always putting you down, and being negative towards you. After a while you begin to think it might be true. In a sport where confidence is everything, doing to Price what was done last night has absolutely no benefit. Anyone here that thinks so is a stupid fool.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
  #92
AlexCvm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Nope, they can think what ever they like...no need for someone like you to call them stupid fools...show some respect.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
  #93
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Price is such an immature little ******* !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
  #94
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
How has Price played bad in this series? He had a subpar 2nd half of the season, no doubt, but the reason for getting swept out of the playoffs is the complete lack of defensive in front of him and scoring 6 goals in 4 games.
Our D wasn't great either...but if we had at least average goaltending maybe the D plays with a bit more confidence. Can you honestly say you felt confident with Carey in goal in this series? He wasn't able to make even routine saves....and it killed us every time we had momentum....he'd let in a routine goal that would sink our confidence.

Look, I was high on this kid right up to the Flyers series from last year....I felt he cost us that series...and besides a nice start to this season...he's been mediocre or worse since then.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
  #95
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
What gesture can we do to him to remind him that he's not Patrick Roy ?
Wow...How about he's a 21 year old Kid trying his best and getting booed by 21000 people. What a joke...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
  #96
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Nope, they can think what ever they like...no need for someone like you to call them stupid fools...show some respect.
Respect? Oh is that what I saw at the Bell Center last night.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
  #97
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Do you also believe you own Wal-Mart because you shop there?

What the heck are you talking about man? What I said is that the fans pay the salaries of the players, if they are not happy with the effort they are getting from the team, they have every right to boo. I dont feel sorry for players when they are making millions of dollars and cant handle a little critcism. What does shopping at wal-mart have anything to do with that? And who said anything about "Owning" anyone. If NHL players cant handle the boos, maybe they should quit and go get a job like the people paying thier salaries have, then they may realize how good they actually have things! If the Wal-Mart in Prince George was the mess the Montreal Canadiens organization became this year, I would probly voice my opinion on that too!

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
  #98
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
"I did that gesture to remind everyone what happens when you boo someone"

Him leaving isn't exactly like Roy leaving.
Understanding simple things must be very difficult.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:52 PM
  #99
AlexCvm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Respect? Oh is that what I saw at the Bell Center last night.
Nope, that wasn't respect...from both the fans and Carey Price.

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:52 PM
  #100
FunkyHab
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
eh, Price shouldnt give a crap what those few fans were yelling. but it takes him off his game so badly. The guy lacks of maturity, he should keep working on that and not get back at the fans, during the game itself, bringing back the Roy incident...
rofl, price doesn't owe the fans anything, he doesn't have a big contract, he's only 21. People are talking like he's a 10 million/year superstar. The kid's trying hard, he doesn't deserve to get boo'ed. Those stupid fans probably don't watch the playoff anymore. If they did, they would understand how the bruins were superior by far then the habs and sometimes, the best team wins. I hope he gets traded and then, becomes a top goalie on an other team. Still, montreal would be the same.

FunkyHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.