HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Old
04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
I think there's a problem when people aren't even aloud to boo a simple song like the anthem, but they can boo a human being, who has feelings, and don't expect him to react. What the hell?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
He was solid in game 4. But, IMO he was < average the rest of the series...and downright brutal at times. Look at the stats. He sucked....and has sucked for a long time.
Agreed about game 4, I thought he was as sound as we've seen him since he got injured this fall. Still a bit of trouble tracking the puck after it hit him, but as I said, virtually no 2nd chance opportunities and no chance on the goals allowed.

Game 3, stats-wise, he was okay. 26 saves on 29 shots isn't great, could have been better but I didn't think he was bad, or brutal.

Game 2, we both know, he wasn't good. There's no point in me saying he was okay, or the bounces didn't go his way, because he just wasn't good there.

Game 1 he stopped 92.3% of the shots he faced. If that's "less than average", we need more less than average goaltending during the year.

The organization shouldn't have let him rush back from his injury for the all-star game. He was absolutely stellar until he got injured, and then he just wasn't the same and was completely inconsistant. I'm hoping he comes back healthy and I believe we'll see the form he had early on in the season.

Game 1,

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Nope, that wasn't respect...from both the fans and Carey Price.
He lifted is arms up as "wtf do you want me to do?"

This city is filled with the most self righteous fans who think they are owed everything. They act like a bunch of idiots with zero class and then when the person they are ridiculing tries to stand up for him self a little they have the audacity to come back and put the blame on that person while whipping their hands clean. That tells so much about those people and their lack of character and integrity. I'm ashamed to be associated with a group of people of such low virtue. They are bringing shame to this organization, it's fans and it's history. I'm angry that these people think they have the right to drag us all in the dirt because they think it's fun.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Agreed about game 4, I thought he was as sound as we've seen him since he got injured this fall. Still a bit of trouble tracking the puck after it hit him, but as I said, virtually no 2nd chance opportunities and no chance on the goals allowed.

Game 3, stats-wise, he was okay. 26 saves on 29 shots isn't great, could have been better but I didn't think he was bad, or brutal.

Game 2, we both know, he wasn't good. There's no point in me saying he was okay, or the bounces didn't go his way, because he just wasn't good there.

Game 1 he stopped 92.3% of the shots he faced. If that's "less than average", we need more less than average goaltending during the year.

The organization shouldn't have let him rush back from his injury for the all-star game. He was absolutely stellar until he got injured, and then he just wasn't the same and was completely inconsistant. I'm hoping he comes back healthy and I believe we'll see the form he had early on in the season.

Game 1,
Right on. He came back because he wanted to play in the ASG... Or is it the anagement who wanted to please the crowd ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
What gesture can we do to him to remind him that he's not Patrick Roy ?
Want to put this in real perspective?

Price was 8 bleeping years old when that happened. Odds are he doesn't even remember it

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Want to put this in real perspective?

Price was 8 bleeping years old when that happened. Odds are he doesn't even remember it
Odds are he saw the scene a million times on TV...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He lifted is arms up as "wtf do you want me to do?"

This city is filled with the most self righteous fans who think they are owed everything. They act like a bunch of idiots with zero class and then when the person they are ridiculing tries to stand up for him self a little they have the audacity to come back and put the blame on that person while whipping their hands clean. That tells so much about those people and their lack of character and integrity. I'm ashamed to be associated with a group of people of such low virtue. They are bringing shame to this organization, it's fans and it's history. I'm angry that these people think they have the right to drag us all in the dirt because they think it's fun.
BG adressed it today. He said something along the lines of : we aren't owed a spot in the playoffs every year; we aren't entitled to a cup. That's why we play to get in. That's why our first goal is to make the playoffs every year.

I think a lot of people forget that when they watch the Habs play.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Odds are he saw the scene a million times on TV...
The only part they ever show is the bench part. The mock salutations is probably not something most people remember.

Just us hardcore idiots who were crying at our TV sets at the time.

Old
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
howie44

All i can say is that all of the fans involved in the price booing and bashing are a disgrace to hockey. This is a 21 year old kid with all of this pressure from everywhere. The diffrence between him and you people is that he is actually talented and has the ability to make the NHL and be one of the best goalies in the league and if you FU***** a**holes want to drive him out of the city over one season where he wasn't bad like you are all saying go ahead and then spend years out of the playoffs crying. So in closing you should all go put your fat lazy no talent a**** on the couch where they belong and ******* yourselfs for being so pathetic that you have to revolve your lives around the accomplishments of a kid because you can't accomplish anything for yourselfs.

howie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Roots73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmusch View Post
Sorry but who the ******* this kid think he his?
He does not have 21,000 boss he has a million boss.
A million fan who believed in this team who gave us the best start of the franchise in the last 30 years.
I'm sick of all those players who are playing the victims... the fans blah blah blah... the medias Blah blah blah. This team screwd this up. The players screwd it.
What we deserved and what I wan't it's : " Sorry fan, we choked. We Sucked. We screwd your 100th"
Becaused this is what happend.
I was at the game yesterday.
The first time in my life I went to a playoff game. I'm an habs fan for 30 years now.
The team I saw yesterday played for one period.
Price at the end of the second period told us to go ******* ourself.
We paid for this team, we love them like no other fan in the league, and they have the guts too blame us!!! WAIT A MINUT KIDS!
Its a FACT... This team stoped playing after the All Star Game... and THEY screw OUR seasons.
Don't play the victims! Be sorry.
Based on your reaction... it's a good thing you're not a Leaf fan.

Get off the kid and act like an adult. Just because you bought a ticket, doesn't mean that it guarantees a victory for the Habs. Just because you bought a ticket, it doesn't grant you a lisence to get liquored up and get beligerent and boo our own team and throw trash on the ice. Seriously they should look into cutting off the beer taps after the 1st intermission if this crap keeps up.

The negative fan reaction served only two purposes

1) An attempt to crush the young career of a potential superstar goaltender

2) To serve warning to any UFAs out there that the Habs may attempt to sign this offseason to just stay the hell away otherwise you may suffer the same fate.

Seems between the fans and the media, we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Roots73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
m00ks

Price has played two seasons and it feels like he's played for 10 with all the media scrutiny and spotlight. He'll have a lot of gray hairs once he leaves this town. The funny part while Price is getting all of this experience, Halak's development might be in better shape. He's slowly solidifying his game in the shadows surrounding the spotlight. Carey had the skills to be a number 1 goalie and he was certainly physically ready to play but the mental toll it must take for a player his age to be subjected to such pressures from a rabid hockey town must take its toll.

I hope he gets some help next season. Whether its a mentor, a veteran goalie, stud defense, a blistering offense anything that would alleviate some of the pressure would be beneficial.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Jarmusch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyklok View Post
It's not because you pay to go to a game that you have the right to be an ahole. Can you honestly say we lost yesterday's game because of Price? He was booed for no ****ing reason so he had every right to tell the crowd to ****. It's always the same thing in MTL, we are always running our goalies out of town when they don't steal us games
The things is : this team is a joke for the last 6 mounth.
The crowd Booed Price, Gainey, and all the players because they deserved it.
Try to tell me they don't.
Tell me your were happy in front of your t.v.

"I have 21,000 bosses"
MAN!!!! Your damn right you have 21,000 bosses!
300$ dollars for the tickets, yes I'm your boss. I follow the team 82 games a year, yes I'm your boss. If I'm not there, you are not there either, I'm your boss.
The guts they have make me sick.
This conference was the right time to make excuses, to tell your boss you are sorry for this painful season.
No, they blames us for booing this loosy, non-competetive, *****, team who choked again, for the last time, yesterday.

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
m00ks

Quote:

"I have 21,000 bosses"
300$ dollars for the tickets, yes I'm your boss. I follow the team 82 games a year, yes I'm your boss. If I'm not there, you are not there either, I'm your boss.
This conference was the right time to make excuses, to tell your boss you are sorry for this painful season.
No, they blames us for booing this loosy, non-competetive, *****, team who choked again, for the last time, yesterday.
lol. Yea? Well I'm ALSO his boss and I say we cut him some slack.

edit: And I think you're bad for the company so I'm voting you out!

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
howie44

Quote:

"I have 21,000 bosses"

why don't you suit up in net oh right cause you are a no talent loser who has to live through a kid because you can't succeed in your own life. go take a flying leap

howie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Jarmusch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73 View Post
Based on your reaction... it's a good thing you're not a Leaf fan.

Get off the kid and act like an adult. Just because you bought a ticket, doesn't mean that it guarantees a victory for the Habs. Just because you bought a ticket, it doesn't grant you a lisence to get liquored up and get beligerent and boo our own team and throw trash on the ice. Seriously they should look into cutting off the beer taps after the 1st intermission if this crap keeps up.

The negative fan reaction served only two purposes

1) An attempt to crush the young career of a potential superstar goaltender

2) To serve warning to any UFAs out there that the Habs may attempt to sign this offseason to just stay the hell away otherwise you may suffer the same fate.

Seems between the fans and the media, we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
I did not Boo at all yesterday...
But when Price trow his arms in air, I was out of my mind. It was painful. The team I love just told me too Puck Off.

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
LV Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
+1000

CAREY CAREY CAREY!
I wish some people would have chanted that right after the sarcastic cheers
Trust me a few of us tried, but it wasn't going to catch on tonight. People went there with the intention to boo the kid which is the most pathetic thing!
Tried to get the chant going after he stopped the second break away at 2-2, not many people were interested in joining in. More interested in Carbo chants and boos then actually encouraging their own players.

Got into a few arguments with Price haters, my buddy ripped a paper bag off some clowns head and tossed it away. By the end of the second I was beginning to dislike some habs fans more than bruins fans at the game.

I'm really tired of knee jerking, self-destructive habs fans, don't bother showing up to the games if your only reason for being there is to boo your own players...

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

link: Carey Price press conference on You Tube - impressive

Very impressive, imo...

(Please merge this if you wish, mods. But I couldn't find the video footage among the threads)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
znk

Quote:
I did not Boo at all yesterday...
But when Price trow his arms in air, I was out of my mind. It was painful. The team I love just told me too Puck Off.
It was addressed to those who booed. You should have joined price and punched the first guy you saw heckling him in the face. You should have been angry at those who are trying to drive him and all the players out of town. There is a word in french to explain the emotions he felt at the time. "Dépit: Amertume, chagrin mêlé de colère dû à une déception." I'm not surprised that those who booed or are pissed off at him dont understand that because frankly if they did...they wouldnt be how they are.

Old
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post

fixed

Old
04-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Very impressive, imo...

(Please merge this if you wish, mods. But I couldn't find the video footage among the threads)

fixed.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:53 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
What does shopping at wal-mart have anything to do with that?
The Habs are selling the fans a product. Nothing more, nothing less...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Brisk-Illusion

" I can't put all the responsibility on myself"

@2:52

Way to go Carey, spoken like a true champion !

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
" I can't put all the responsibility on myself"

@2:52

Way to go Carey, spoken like a true champion !
I was pretty impressed with him overall, I've been fairly harsh with him over the past months..

I really hope he can right himself for next season and beyond, we need the good Price.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
What the heck are you talking about man? What I said is that the fans pay the salaries of the players, if they are not happy with the effort they are getting from the team, they have every right to boo. I dont feel sorry for players when they are making millions of dollars and cant handle a little critcism. What does shopping at wal-mart have anything to do with that? And who said anything about "Owning" anyone. If NHL players cant handle the boos, maybe they should quit and go get a job like the people paying thier salaries have, then they may realize how good they actually have things! If the Wal-Mart in Prince George was the mess the Montreal Canadiens organization became this year, I would probly voice my opinion on that too!
The Montreal Canadiens are likely one of the most profitable teams in the league.

If the Wal-Mart in Prince George made the money the Habs do, trust me, no one would be fired.

Were you under the impression you were the fan of a charity organization?

Old
04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

"I have 21,000 bosses"
Agreed but there will always be about a thousand tards who think we should be happy and content that these millionaires can get their jersies on straight and never complain about anything.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote