HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Van Riemsdyk

Old
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
eightyseven

vCash: 500
I believe Briere has a NMC anyway. If he really doesn't want to leave Philly, he doesn't have to. Sad but true.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
It would be a mistake to take Briere. He is NOT that good of a player and he takes a lot of dumb penalties. Let him rot in Philly and let Philly have that cap space problem. Unless they include JVR or Giroux in the package, then MAYBE. But I think Gainey should try to go after Marian Hossa first if he reaches free agency. Or Ilya Kovalchuk, a much better play than Briere.
CBC put up a very interesting stat up earlier. Briere has the most points in the playoffs since the lockout. 52 pts in 55 games. Pretty impressive for "not that good" of a player.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
i cant imagine philly wanting Akost or Skost... do they look like they would belong in a philly uniform??...

I don't think JVR is going anywhere...and if he does, it will be a lot more than that....

The Breire idea is intriguing... but it does not help you guys, you need a BIG center... getting little Danny Breire won't help that (espically with his contract)
Briere would need to come with something very interesting to shed his salary from the flyers.... VanRamsdyk or Giroux would qualify.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Realistically i think Flyers would want

Price + McDonaugh for Van Riemsdyk

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:45 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

aight i gotta get in on this unrealistic playstation trade talk
Halak + A Kost + Pleks + 1st
to tampa for
Smith + Lecavalier + 5th

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:52 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
It would be a mistake to take Briere. He is NOT that good of a player and he takes a lot of dumb penalties. Let him rot in Philly and let Philly have that cap space problem. Unless they include JVR or Giroux in the package, then MAYBE. But I think Gainey should try to go after Marian Hossa first if he reaches free agency. Or Ilya Kovalchuk, a much better play than Briere.
Still doesn't fill our gap at center though..

I'm not a huge fan of Briere, but should an offer come on the table and the Price is right.. We need to consider it, because he is still a huge upgrade over a Koivu (at this stage of his career) or Plekanec (little girl v2.0).

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

This thread is already made in the trade proposals section. As you can see the Flyers don't want any of our players for JVR since he's got so much potential. if we had JVR we wouldn't wanna trade him either.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
This thread is already made in the trade proposals section. As you can see the Flyers don't want any of our players for JVR since he's got so much potential. if we had JVR we wouldn't wanna trade him either.
Of course they don't. It is a well-known fact that every player associated with the Habs sucks and has no value to even the ECHL affiliate of any real NHL club.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
eightyseven

BTW, JVR is a good prospect but he's not a "power forward". He's just a big boy. He does not initiate contact and doesn't seem to like getting hit either. If you're thinking Ryan Getzlaf or Rick Nash, you are way off. JVR also has a tendency to be invisible, his consistency isn't there yet. He's not slow but he's not fast either. At this point in his development, a more favourable comparison would be Jason Spezza with better hands, and as you know, Spezza is a soft player. From what I've seen, JVR has no mean streak, it's not like he's Corey Perry out there.

So yes, there's a lot of potential out there but he's no power forward.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Flyers are going to be right up the cap next year and will most probably be forced to make a couple of deals

However they can keep Briere,I don't wanna see that punk in a Habs uniform!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Delat

If we could get JVR for Halak + it could be nice and then we could have an older goalie to be backup. Not that I don't like Halak, nut for once I agree with Brunet, Price needs someone older to help him deal with NHL stuff, not a coach but a player that knows what he is going trough.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:56 PM
panayiotis

gomer pyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What would it take for the Habs to get ahold of this prospect from the flyers? Big power forward with top line potential. We know the flyers are going to be goalie hunting this offseason which brings up Halak obviously.

To Philly: Halak + ?

To Montreal: JVR

I dont usually make proposals but the Flyers offense is unreal already, they don't have a need for another power forward with Carter, Richards, Hartnell yadda yadda. The Habs could also take on a salary dump in order to make the trade happen since they will undoubtedly have cap space after all these UFA's are ditched.

If JVR isn't the answer who should the Habs take a good long look at now?
if philly is going to move JVR. They are going to expect a top flite goalie. Not the back up to Price.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:03 AM
panayiotis

power forword

Quote:
BTW, JVR is a good prospect but he's not a "power forward". He's just a big boy. He does not initiate contact and doesn't seem to like getting hit either. If you're thinking Ryan Getzlaf or Rick Nash, you are way off. JVR also has a tendency to be invisible, his consistency isn't there yet. He's not slow but he's not fast either. At this point in his development, a more favourable comparison would be Jason Spezza with better hands, and as you know, Spezza is a soft player. From what I've seen, JVR has no mean streak, it's not like he's Corey Perry out there.

So yes, there's a lot of potential out there but he's no power forward.
You are out of your mind. He is a better version of Leclair. The flyers will demand he use his size. Leclair was not a vicious player. he was still a power forword. Jeff Carter and JvR will kick ass next year.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote