HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Interesting UFAs that could help the team IYO..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
  #51
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Ohlund is in his 30's. He has regressed a lot. He's not even the top paring for Vancouver (Mitchell & Bieska). He's becoming more injury prone and his foot speed is lacking. Vigneault had to cut his ice down time in previous games due to many defensive gaffes. However, he is playing well in the playoffs. i.e. He is no longer a #1 d-man. But he's still better than Komisarek. But if Gainey pays Ohlund $5 million, it would be a big mistake, like the Hamrlik signing. These guys are NOT getting any younger!!

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
  #52
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i want Beauchemin in montreal and everyone who think komisarek is better than him is out of his mind (btw, i still wanna keep komi in mtl around 3 or 3.5 million/year
I really don't think there's that big of a gap between Beauchemin and Komisarek. You can't say someone is out of their mind if they think Komisarek is better than him. They are completely different styles of defencemen.

Beauchemin is a better skater and makes better outlet passes, I will give you that, but he gets outmuscled downlow more than Komisarek and isn't as good on the boards. He also doesn't hit nor block shots the way Komisarek does(to be fair, there aren't a whole lot who do).

I would rather keep Komisarek personally. I think Beauchemin would be a good addition to our defense as we definitely need help on the breakout, but he will get much more money than he is worth. Beauchemin looks very good next to Niedermayer and Pronger, but if someone is expecting him to be the anchor to our defense and solve all of defensive woes, they will be disapointed.

I would be interested in bringing in Beauchemin, but at no more than 3.5 per or 4 tops. He is a good 2nd pairing defencemen, but no more than that.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
  #53
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I really don't think there's that big of a gap between Beauchemin and Komisarek. You can't say someone is out of their mind if they think Komisarek is better than him. They are completely different styles of defencemen.

Beauchemin is a better skater and makes better outlet passes, I will give you that, but he gets outmuscled downlow more than Komisarek and isn't as good on the boards. He also doesn't hit nor block shots the way Komisarek does(to be fair, there aren't a whole lot who do).

I would rather keep Komisarek personally. I think Beauchemin would be a good addition to our defense as we definitely need help on the breakout, but he will get much more money than he is worth. Beauchemin looks very good next to Niedermayer and Pronger, but if someone is expecting him to be the anchor to our defense and solve all of defensive woes, they will be disapointed.

I would be interested in bringing in Beauchemin, but at no more than 3.5 per or 4 tops. He is a good 2nd pairing defencemen, but no more than that.
Beauchemin is 10 times better offensively than Komisarek. he can do a good first pass, has a great shot, andd can score few goals on PP. His positioning is also much better.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
  #54
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
I just realized Josh Gorges has better stats than Roman Hamrlik in the playoffs. Hamrlik is -5!!! Yikes. Gorges and Hamrlik had similar offensive totals in the regular season too. I still can't believe Hamrlik is getting paid $5.5 million. One of Gainey's worst signings. They have to pay him until he is 37!! Put him on waivers. Gorges is making 5x less and is a better defenceman.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
  #55
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Ohlund is in his 30's. He has regressed a lot. He's not even the top paring for Vancouver (Mitchell & Bieska). He's becoming more injury prone and his foot speed is lacking. Vigneault had to cut his ice down time in previous games due to many defensive gaffes. However, he is playing well in the playoffs. i.e. He is no longer a #1 d-man. But he's still better than Komisarek. But if Gainey pays Ohlund $5 million, it would be a big mistake, like the Hamrlik signing. These guys are NOT getting any younger!!
Agree. let<s get cheaper, younger D like Oduya, Beauchemin or Foster.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
  #56
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Beauchemin is 10 times better offensively than Komisarek. he can do a good first pass, has a great shot, andd can score few goals on PP. His positioning is also much better.
I will never argue that Komisarek is a better offensive defenceman than Beauchemin(or any other defencemen). Komisarek is brutal offensively.

Where Komisarek is better than Beauchemin is play along the boards, fighting for position, hitting, and shot-blocking.

Like I've said before, they're completely different defencemen, both have their skills and abilities. I just think Beauchemin gets overrated on these boards. He's a good 2nd pairing defencemen, but not much more, and if we sign him for 3, fantastic! He would help out that's for sure. I just think his price tag will be somewhere around 5 mil this summer and he is just not worth that kind of money.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
  #57
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I will never argue that Komisarek is a better offensive defenceman than Beauchemin(or any other defencemen). Komisarek is brutal offensively.

Where Komisarek is better than Beauchemin is play along the boards, fighting for position, hitting, and shot-blocking.

Like I've said before, they're completely different defencemen, both have their skills and abilities. I just think Beauchemin gets overrated on these boards. He's a good 2nd pairing defencemen, but not much more, and if we sign him for 3, fantastic! He would help out that's for sure. I just think his price tag will be somewhere around 5 mil this summer and he is just not worth that kind of money.

Komisarek is no more than that too. A Jay McKee or Mike Commodore.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
  #58
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Komisarek is no more than that too. A Jay McKee or Mike Commodore.
I'm not disagreeing.

I just don't agree that getting rid of Komisarek and bringing in Beauchemin would substantially upgrade our defence.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:28 PM
  #59
Habruti!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
I do not think there are too many interesting UFA this summer. Gaborik may stay in Miinnesota, Hossa is trying to stay in Detroit. There is Beauchemin and Bowmeester on D.

Perhaps we could re-visit the trade that was in place with Tempa Bay:
Higgins, Plekanek, Georges, Suban and 1st for Lecavalier!

Re-signing few of our guys
Komisarek, Tanguay, Kovalev, Bouillon, Dandenault

RFA Offer sheet:
- I would send an Offer sheat for Trevor Zajac and Steve Bernier

UFA (one DMEN):
My priority would be :1.Bowmeester, 2.Beauchemin, 3.Mara, 4.VanRyn

My team:
Tanguay, Lecavalier, Bernier
Pacioretty, Zajac, Kovalev
Latendresse, Lapierre, A.Kostsitsyn
Stuart, Metropolit, Dagostini

On D:
Markov, Bowmeester
Hamerlik, Komisarek
Bouillon, Obyrne
Webber, Laraque, Maxwell, Carle

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
  #60
BulldogFever
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Sign Beauchemin!!!!

Price, Halak
Markov, Hamrlik, Gorges, Beauchemin, Weber, Skoula (Carle)

Pacioretty, D'Agostini, AKost, SKost, Plekanec, Higgins, Laraque, Lapierre, Latendresse, Chipchura, Kovalev,Havlat, (Russell/Trotter)


Marc Crawford - Head Coach, Don Lever Assistant Head Coach
Steve Yzerman GM, Julien Brisebois - GM

Everybody takes French Courses!

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
  #61
DirtyJeeves
Registered User
 
DirtyJeeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anderson, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Claude Lemieux FTW

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:49 PM
  #62
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
If he's still available on the 1st of July, Kotalik could be nice to have, he has a good shot, plays on the PP as a D, he could help us replace Schneider. Pahlson is nice to have to on a third line, at least he can score, it's a thing Kosto can't do.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
  #63
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Komisarek is no more than that too. A Jay McKee or Mike Commodore.
At best, Komo is our next Craig Rivet.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
  #64
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFever View Post
Sign Beauchemin!!!!

Price, Halak
Markov, Hamrlik, Gorges, Beauchemin, Weber, Skoula (Carle)

Pacioretty, D'Agostini, AKost, SKost, Plekanec, Higgins, Laraque, Lapierre, Latendresse, Chipchura, Kovalev,Havlat, (Russell/Trotter)


Marc Crawford - Head Coach, Don Lever Assistant Head Coach
Steve Yzerman GM, Julien Brisebois - GM

Everybody takes French
Courses
!

If Julien Brisebois has not learned French by now, I don't think any courses would help him


Last edited by onice: 04-24-2009 at 05:36 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
  #65
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
At best, Komo is our next Craig Rivet.
You guys are throwing the towel too fast, I don't know know if that was sarcasm, but Komisarek is better than a lot think here. the guy is the real deal. I think he proved he was good and will still get better. It's not a bad half season that will make him a bad player, pretty much everybody played bad in the second half.

If Lang comes cheap, 4 is too much for him, I'd like him back, he if wants to.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
  #66
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Was looking at the available goalies...

Manny Legace
Martin Gerber
Mathieu Garon
Marc Denis
...

I wouldn't mind getting Legace to mentor Price. Garon wouldn't be bad either, but not as much for mentoring.

Halak then becomes expendable...and maybe the only roster player with remaining value.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
  #67
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
We must pursue beauchemin... and MUST land either havlat hossa or gaborik

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
  #68
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
You guys are throwing the towel too fast, I don't know know if that was sarcasm, but Komisarek is better than a lot think here. the guy is the real deal. I think he proved he was good and will still get better. It's not a bad half season that will make him a bad player, pretty much everybody played bad in the second half.

If Lang comes cheap, 4 is too much for him, I'd like him back, he if wants to.
Rivet when on his game was pretty good. So in no way is that a put down on Komo. And I wasn't implying throwing the towel at him either. He is top 4 material and we should retain his services. Only we must be fair and see an apple for an apple...and an apple ain't no exotic fruit, meaning he won't be a stellar defensemen. He we can get him for a cap hit of 3.75 max I think we will be getting a most equitable return.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
  #69
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'll edit my lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Andrei
Sergei-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Staal-Neil
Latendresse-Lappierre-Stewart/Laraque


I dropped Tanguay because long term too much money in my proposal. Mind you, prob wouldn't work, I'd like to trade hammer and offer 6.25 to bouwmester and give a chance to weber/o'byrne and hope maybe even emelin will sign and compete for a spot.

Either way, this prob won't work unless everyone takes a paycut and the sedins aren't mega greedy I guess. But if they aren't looking for much, vancouver will sign them easy so just a dream.
That would probably work well on Playstation.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM
  #70
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
Rivet when on his game was pretty good. So in no way is that a put down on Komo. And I wasn't implying throwing the towel at him either. He is top 4 material and we should retain his services. Only we must be fair and see an apple for an apple...and an apple ain't no exotic fruit, meaning he won't be a stellar defensemen. He we can get him for a cap hit of 3.75 max I think we will be getting a most equitable return.
I'm not saying Rivet isn't good, but I think he's already better than him, I really see him as one of the top defensive Dman in this league. Rivet was good but I think Komisarek will be better, I've got no doubts, but everyone has his or her opinion.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:32 PM
  #71
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
I'm thinking the most plausible and logical will turn out to be:

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kovalev
I'm hoping Tanguay can help Pleks get is game back and make Kovy utilize his skills to potential.

SK - Lang - AK
Was a great fit. Less pressure for SK and AK than playing with Pleks or Kovy. Lang seems to have a calming affect on the young K's.

Higgins - Laps - Lats
Has all the elements of a nasty grinding shutdown line with offensive upside.

What we lack is proper experience on the checking/energy/hitting line. A line of Stewart - Chips - Kosto/Laraque wouldn't be sustainable for a whole season. And Metropolit isn't the answer as our 4th line center because he is not physical enough.

So our needs up from may be as simple as finding proper support on the 4th line on the LW and at Center.

Could we foresee something in the likes of Chad Larose, Blair Betts...

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
  #72
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
If he's still available on the 1st of July, Kotalik could be nice to have, he has a good shot, plays on the PP as a D, he could help us replace Schneider. Pahlson is nice to have to on a third line, at least he can score, it's a thing Kosto can't do.
Montreal has Kotalik except his last name is Kostitsyn.

Another cream puff lacking hockey sense who isn't willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
  #73
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Montreal has Kotalik except his last name is Kostitsyn.

Another cream puff lacking hockey sense who isn't willing to sacrifice for the good of the team.
I can't disagree but Kotalik has more experience playing D on the PP and we really have to put someone there that knows how to shoot the puck and I don't think Weber or Subban are ready to take that big spot.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
  #74
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I can't disagree but Kotalik has more experience playing D on the PP and we really have to put someone there that knows how to shoot the puck and I don't think Weber or Subban are ready to take that big spot.
for me, its either re-tool like Philly did or rebuild. Kotalik would just be another stop gap move in yet another "competitive" rebuild.

its time to either live and die by the youngsters of this team and possibly fail miserably and get a top pick or get real bold and change the franchise and make some deals.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
  #75
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Sign Beauchemin, Bouwmeister, Komisarek and Spacek for whatever money they're asking for... trade Price +++++ and five 1st round picks for the 1st overall and get Hedman, sign him till 2030. Sign other Dmans, play McDough, Subban, Weber, Emelin, Carle, Valentenko on the third and forth lines.





... man, our D squad was painfull to watch this year.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.