HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/24/09| ecqf game 5| new york @ washington| 7pm msg (hd)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
lebear
I have no idea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
To all my fellow Europeans: ESPN America has finally grown a set of balls and came out of Sidney's backside and is broadcasting Game 5 tonight!!! WOOHOO!!!

Final Push!!! LGR!!!
Great! I usually stream the games using a web-tv paysite provided by Canal+ and, I believe, ESPN. I got access to basically every game plus a game archive.

Isn't Canal+ operating in Austria as well? You should check if it's available. I get the full season for about $70, which is insane.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Let's wrap this up so I don't have to squeeze in a Ranger game on race day.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:47 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

OK, boys, let's make the whistles go WOOOOOOOOO one more time, then you get a break for a few days.

WOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
04-24-2009, 08:56 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

I only have three words for you, gentlemen: GO GET 'EM!!

Old
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Win or else I will start getting very anxious during games again.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Let's do this tonight. Just end it.

Play with the same intensity of games 1 & 2 and we should be OK.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I don't want this series to drag on. Win tonight.
Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we are winning tonight, so don't get your hopes up. I don't want everyone to cry that the end here if we lose tonight, as expected. We still have Game 6 at home to win and worst case, we'll go to Game 7. If we go to Game 7, our spring will be essentially over because even if we win, we'll get spanked by the well-rested Bruins.

But if we win in 6, we'll be fine.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
To all my fellow Europeans: ESPN America has finally grown a set of balls and came out of Sidney's backside and is broadcasting Game 5 tonight!!! WOOHOO!!!

Final Push!!! LGR!!!
So I, being in Paris, would be able to watch this game at 1 in the morning?

Old
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

this game can't start fast enough. This workday is taking forever. I need to find something to pass the time

LGR

Old
04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
i have to work a baseball game tonight, so i will be clinging to my phone for txt updates. LETS GO RANGERS

Old
04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Rangers have to look at this game very carefully.

Its about surviving yes, but it's also about getting to the other team and giving the fans a reason to get scared. The Caps are down 3-1 and coming in they'll be ready to take on the world. They'll be using last years comeback as an inspiration, but the Rangers cannot allow them to have it easy.

The Caps are the type of team that might get overconfident if they take the lead, at home in what will be a crazy building, because they are drawing from an experience they had last year. It's one thing to come back from 3-1 last year and force 7, but to recognize you've done it and have to do it again is a whole new ball of wax psychologically. The idea of this game is to keep it close and stay in the game from the Rangers point of view.

The temperature in D.C. is going up to 75 today, and the ice is going to be even more choppy than in Games 1 and 2. That works to the Rangers advantage in this one if they can keep it close. Obviously the first goal is tremendous in this game. The Rangers pretty much have no choice but to come in with that same road game mentality of defense first, constant pressure on the puck and support.

But again, lets not forget there is still a rookie goaltender in the other crease whos played only 2 playoff games coming into a do or die situation at home with the pressure squarely on his shoulders. The Rangers have to make a concerted effort to get in his kitchen and stay there. Like Torts said in the post game of Game 4, the Rangers HAVE to get the shots on net. They cannot afford to shoot it wide. You see what happened on the Drury goal. Test this kids rebound control and go to the net with authority and good things will happen. Even if you get a face off its good, because it slows down the game and if the Rangers repeat their success in the faceoff circle from Game 4, that could be a huge deal.

The Rangers defense has to guard against the bomb pass tonight, and stay a little tighter to the middle of the ice IMO. Make it hard for the Caps to drive with speed and back the D into the zone. Thats easier said than done against Ovechkin, but the Caps will lose their patience and try to create too much if they continued to get stifled. Leaving the ice 0-0 after the first is exactly where the Rangers want to be tonight.

The Rangers are going to need a big performance out of Gomez tonight. Zherdev has to wake up, but thats almost a moot point now. Antropov has been quiet. The defense has to get some shots through, and i think its really important that we see a little more pinching and driving down into the back door from pretty much everyone on the D, they need more chances and shouldn't play totally risk free. Pick your spots, but that will generate a lot more possession time and chances. When they do that they get the forwards covering and it promotes more skating and offense in their system. And most importantly it keeps the puck away from the Caps.

I almost have to expect a Game 6 at the Garden, given the fact the the Caps have lost only 9 times all season at home, and this would be 3 out of 3 for the Rangers. The probability is not in their favor. But they have a chance tonight to do something special, and its all about wanting it more and taking away any possible dreams the Caps and their fans begin to build during the game... This is the type of game, where you're never out of it and a comeback is possible.

Lets Go Rangers!!!!

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 04-24-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old
04-24-2009, 09:53 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Good Luck tonight guys.

I'll save you all the "obvious" banter here. It's going to be a total onslaught from the start. Anyone knows that will happen. The Rangers have to stay composed tonight. NO STUPID penalties, weather the first period and go from there.

They have to keep that penalty kill going at a high level, because it's my belief the Caps offense are going to draw quite a few from the start here.

If the Rangers can get through the first and Henrik can come up with the usual performance(obviously he will, there's no need for me to doubt him).. than you guys have a good chance.

Look at it this way: You guys have put yourselves in a position for Game 1 of the clincher. This is the first of of 3 chances to seal the deal. We all know the Caps are capable of coming back, so I won't do anything other than wish you guys luck.

The series belongs to NY.. you guys freaking deserve it.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
tors10

pens win -> rangers win. pens lose -> rangers lose. that's the way it went so far. Hope it's different this time!

Old
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Stepan Razor

Stats, numbers etc do not mean a god damn thing. It's an elimination game, let's do this!

Old
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

the gdt is fine....

keep it simple...60+ minutes of effort from everyone, every shift focused and deliberate.

1.keep wearing down those caps. bruce is overplaying those guys and tonight will be even worse. tire them out from the first shift hit them hard and often and make them come all 200ft.

2. stay out of the box - the avey antics from the last game can really pay off tonight if they play this right. he took some bad ones but he made them angry and in the end the rangers pk won out. tonight play smart . let the caps take the bad penalties tonight. frustration will come quickly to the caps if the rangers man up and play this right

04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

the caps are going to give it their all, even playing cheaply, i wouldnt be suprised if there were a couple of cheap shots heading lundys way, just win, injury free and rest up for the next round

Old
04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Great analysis HBNYC.

I do expect the Caps to come in with confidence, and even if they do everything you lay out, Lundqvist's performance will still probably be the most critical part of the first half of the first period.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Lets Go Rangers!!

Anyone else gunna be at the game?

Old
04-24-2009, 10:29 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Let's wrap this up so I don't have to squeeze in a Ranger game on race day.
Surely you mean squeeze in a race on a Ranger game day.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
blue2noise

and on that thing called the power play. Let's get wild and dump the puck

Old
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Old
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Super proud of the team.

LGR

Whats with all the jokes with that guy?

Old
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

cut this from the caps board, somehow got posted in the wrong thread over there

Quote:
Wayne Gretzky has often told the story of just how difficult it is to win the Stanley Cup. In the early í80s, his Edmonton Oilers had been the young studs of the the N.H.L., smashing scoring records and delighting fans. But when they reached the Stanley Cup final for the first time in 1983 against the three-time champion Islanders, they were schooled, literally, by New York, and swept in four games.

After the fourth loss, the downcast Gretzky and Kevin Lowe left their dressing room and had to walk past the Islesí room to reach their bus. They expected to see a wild, raucous scene at the other end of the hallway but (as Gretzky related in his 1990 autobiography), ďas we walked by, we didnít see any of that. The girlfriends and the coaches and the staff people were living it up, but the players werenít. Trottier was icing what looked like a painful knee. Potvin was getting stuff rubbed on his shoulder. Guys were limping around with black eyes and bloody mouths. It looked more like a morgue than a championís locker room. And here we were perfectly fine and healthy.

ďThatís why they won and we lost. They took more punishment than we did. They dove into more boards, stuck their faces in front of more pucks, threw their bodies into more pileups. They sacrificed everything they had.

ďAnd thatís when Kevin said something Iíll never forget. He said, ĎThatís how you win championships.íĒ

Old
04-24-2009, 11:50 AM
AJRanger

Quote:

Final Push!!! LGR!!!
That's only because there's no clashing games, otherwise it wouldn't be on. For crying out loud, they showed Game 4 Bos-Mon when the series was essentially over ahead of our Game 4 in a tight series.

Sceptical about watching it on tele though, the one game that they showed in this series we lost, and the other 3 i've watched online and seen victories.

Anyway, LGR!

Old
04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
ruckus*

Three things.

1. IF YOU CAN'T CARRY THE PUCK INTO THE FREAKING ZONE, DUMP IT IN AND USE YOUR MOMENTUM TO GO GET THE PUCK.

2. IF YOU'RE TRYING TO CONTROL THEM, DON'T LET THEM GAIN THE BLUELINE. (The EXACT thing we CAN'T do against them)

3. KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Aim for blood.

Closed Thread