HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin: bad news.

Old
03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Would never have happened if he didn't chicken out of playing here

Obviously it's a serious situation so all kidding aside I hope he makes a perfect recovery.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I've heard the same thing for Konstantin Korneev when he was with AK Bars, then he goes to CSKA and what a difference. Is there something funny in the water with those AK Bars Panthers?
Well, Ak Bars somewhat holds back on youngsters. Probably due to the case that they are a big team, they walked three times in four years to the finals, and thus they have a stacked team with many veterans, it's hard for a youngster to chip in and play. There are some exceptions, Nikulin and Kazionov are among them. But many others, just like Koshechkin, Korneev, Shafigulin, Petrov and in part Emelin, quite a bit faded away after they moved to Kazan.
Koshechkin, Korneev and Shafigulin moved to another team. The first two really rocked after it. Maybe to Petrov and Emelin, the same thing will happen.

04-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Well, Ak Bars somewhat holds back on youngsters. Probably due to the case that they are a big team, they walked three times in four years to the finals, and thus they have a stacked team with many veterans, it's hard for a youngster to chip in and play. There are some exceptions, Nikulin and Kazionov are among them. But many others, just like Koshechkin, Korneev, Shafigulin, Petrov and in part Emelin, quite a bit faded away after they moved to Kazan.
Koshechkin, Korneev and Shafigulin moved to another team. The first two really rocked after it. Maybe to Petrov and Emelin, the same thing will happen.
Well I think the reason might be that a kid from poor team transfers to AK Bars and his salary increases by several times. So it becomes a "life is good" attitude that spoils many young guys. Btw from your list you forgot once superpromisisng defenseman Andrei Zubarev.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Well I think the reason might be that a kid from poor team transfers to AK Bars and his salary increases by several times. So it becomes a "life is good" attitude that spoils many young guys. Btw from your list you forgot once superpromisisng defenseman Andrei Zubarev.
True. Now he's candidate for the national team.
And about Emelin: you're right in principle, but if you remember, Emelin was signed to a big paycheck by Lada the year before heading to Kazan.

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
True. Now he's candidate for the national team.
And about Emelin: you're right in principle, but if you remember, Emelin was signed to a big paycheck by Lada the year before heading to Kazan.
Does that count since he had to take them to court to pay him?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
jamz

Any news on his situation?

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Any news on his situation?
Not that i've heard, but his contract with AK Bars expires on Thrusday (4/30)

Old
04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Not that i've heard, but his contract with AK Bars expires on Thrusday (4/30)
what about korneev?

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
what about korneev?
The same, his contract with CSKA expires the same day. Granted they could have re-signed, just that I haven't heard it.

Old
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
overlords
Be quiet and drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
The same, his contract with CSKA expires the same day. Granted they could have re-signed, just that I haven't heard it.
Is it rare for players in Russia to not be re-signed at this point in the season if the team intends on keeping them ( or if the player intends on re-signing)?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Is it rare for players in Russia to not be re-signed at this point in the season if the team intends on keeping them ( or if the player intends on re-signing)?
No, I don't think so. I've heard that Perezhogin is working on a deal with his former club Omsk to which he broke into the RSL with and Emelin said in an interview at russianprospects.com that he hopes to re-sign with AK Bars, so I assume things are being worked out. Doesn't mean they still can't sign with NHL clubs, if they have an out clause or can work something out with their club. I hope to see these guys come over, but I wouldn't believe it until I see them at camp in the fall.