HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Powe!

Old
04-23-2009, 11:49 PM
CoolinWithCosta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Depending on our cap situation, he could very well end up in our top 9 for next year.

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Powe-Knuble
Kalinski-FA-Asham
FA = Jared Ross? Possibly..

CoolinWithCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolinWithCosta View Post
FA = Jared Ross? Possibly..
Please.

I love Ross as well. Hes got 3rd liner, maybe more on him. The best part is, hes playing his role great right now.

Think about, Cote played on the 4th line too

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Lab Monkey

Powe is awesome, his tag team Crosby check today was priceless. My girlfriend's boss knows Powe and his family and I apparently am going to get a chance to meet him after the playoffs when he comes home. Hopefully he brings a big shiny cup with him.

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
He managed to hold on to a spot in the lineup all year (through injuries etc,) and earn a spot on the 3rd line in the playoffs. Dude has brought it all year.

60 Games
6 Goals.
5 Assists.
11 Points
35 PIMs.

Not bad numbers for playing 4th line minutes. And played a bit on the PK. Guys good. I love him playing on the 3rd line with Giroux. They play great together.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Shoeny

i think i might be the only one that doesnt like powe and giroux together. With briere on the other wing, that line is too small. I feel like anyone playing with giroux will have good chemistry. Powe has filled the role upshall had. Powe is a fourth line center who will play pk minutes. Even though hes twenty three, he doesnt have the high ceiling like other prospects.

I hope grioux stays at center. I feel like if he moves to the wing he wont have the puck enough. I think giroux and gagne will have good chemistry.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:56 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i definitely see a little of upshall in powe. he has untapped offensive skill and he seems to develop chemistry easily (upshall, carcillo, briere, giroux have all looked good with him). he's a perfect player for the bottom-6.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i definitely see a little of upshall in powe. he has untapped offensive skill and he seems to develop chemistry easily (upshall, carcillo, briere, giroux have all looked good with him). he's a perfect player for the bottom-6.
Yea I agree with that, he may be a little faster and be a little stronger on the puck though.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
BringBackStevens

I loved Darrol Powe since the first time i saw him at rookie camp a few years back. It was obvious that he had some potential and was clearly one who stood out.

The Flyers have a gem in this guy. He's no all star but these are the types of guys you need to find to win. I see the exact same thing in Kalinski as well. It's a shame that injury was so serious for him this season

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
powe's the man. hes definitely a guy on your team that you need if you want to get the little things done.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Powe has really impressed me, especially in the playoffs. He's really made a name for himself on the team. Hope we get to keep him.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Crossovert*

Crossovert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

i like Powe on the wing, of the 3rd line

Simon Gagne-Mike Richards-Scott Hartnell
UFA-Jeff Carter-Claude Giroux
Powe-UFA-Arron Asham
Riley Cote-UFA-Dan Carcillo

Kimmo Timonen-Ryan Parent
Braydon Coburn-UFA
Luca Sbisa-Andrew Alberts
UFA

this would be my dreamline-up, minus Danny Briere and Joffrey Lupul up front, (atleast Lupul gone) and Jones & Carle on the blueline (Jones moreso). Have a true shut down line, with someone potentially like Pahlsson, Malhotra or Marchant centering it (they're all good on face-off and can kill penalties). Ross could probably center the 4th line, or maybe even Matsumoto if he's responsible enough defensively, or we could just sign a UFA (Scott Nichol or Vernon Fiddler maybe?). There's some decent top 4 d-men (potentially) available as well to play along side Coburn, like Beauchemin, Montador, Skoula, Komisarek (the more I see him, the more I dont like him though), Zanon....and of course Bouwmeester

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Shoeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea I agree with that, he may be a little faster and be a little stronger on the puck though.
When they were on the same line upshall outplayed him, imo. He's being hyped up way too much here. Powe reminds me of Tyler Kennedy. Same style of play. He throws his weight around, but he takes more punishment than he gives. He would be best suited as a fourth line center and on the pk.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 03:35 PM
BerubeBox*

His play makes what happened with Uppy & Metro a lot easier to swallow.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:55 PM
phlocky

I think he has established himself as a very important part of our team now and going forward. It's not because he's a great producer or anything but more that he's the perfect utility guys. He's our new RJ Umberger. He's a player who will probably spend most of his time on the 4th line but when we have injuries or someone not playing up to THEIR potential, Powe is a player we can plug into any position on the 2nd and 3rd lines. He doesn't have the touch to play on the PP but he definitely has the hustle to play on the PK.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
FlyersCup08

He has grown on me so much. Down at school, I've only watched maybe a quarter of the games (whatever streams available / versus) but now that I'm watching him consistently he stands out a lot. He has speed and grit, and throws his body. He's a fantastic role player. I would love to see a line of Gagne-Giroux-Powe, and then put Richie and Briere together.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
ELab2

I think there's a pretty decent chance he becomes the regular 3rd line center next year. He's definitely got a bit of Upshall in him but he's better defensively and plays all three forward positions.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Joey Mac

the guy busted his ass all season and stepped it up in the playoffs that's why he was out there in pk situations and got a good amount of ice time... the guy earned his spot unlike some of the other guys on this team during the playoffs

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Powe is the perfect fourth liner on a winning team. He'll go out and work hard, stay even up, and chip in the odd goal here and there. Combine all that with being a good penalty killer and you've got an excelent role player.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
He had a great shift last night when he first took the puck into the O-zone and then hustled back and took it again.
Showed amazing speed during that shift.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Cleary84

He's definitely one of my favorite Flyers. I wouldn't mind having him around for the next few years. Very gritty.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I think there's a pretty decent chance he becomes the regular 3rd line center next year. He's definitely got a bit of Upshall in him but he's better defensively and plays all three forward positions.
Regular 3rd line center? Won't that be Giroux or at least Briere?

I do expect him to be getting top 9 minutes though. Even if Lupul is back (I hope not) and Knuble re-signs on the cheap (doubtful), I think Powe earned a spot on our 3rd line over Carcillo or anyone else.

dawkins121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Regular 3rd line center? Won't that be Giroux or at least Briere?

I do expect him to be getting top 9 minutes though. Even if Lupul is back (I hope not) and Knuble re-signs on the cheap (doubtful), I think Powe earned a spot on our 3rd line over Carcillo or anyone else.
I'd rather them pare down the offense to two really great lines, a solid 3rd line, and a standard 4th and use the cap space to fix the defense and goaltending.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
blah

Two scoring lines with a traditional third and fourth line means two lines made up of Carter, Richards, Gagne, Hartnell, Briere, and Giroux. They'd be selling themselves short if they went that way, even though letting an aging Knuble walk, and trading Lupul, for cap reasons mostly, makes sense regardless of which way the Flyers go lines-wise. The depth they have at forward easily makes three scoring lines possible.

Gagne with Richards and whoever works, bring Knuble back if possible. Nobody here should blame him if he goes after one last big paycheck though. Otherwise, Kalinski, Ross, Powe, Nodl, and even Asham are possibilities. They have plenty of options.

Carter with Hartnell and someone fast that can skate with Carter works.

That leaves Giroux and Briere. If they can get a center that's great on faceoffs with some size, this would probably be the Flyers best line. Giroux might be the best forward on the Flyers this time next year.

There's three lines with likely two 30 goal scorers on each one. Stacking the lines would solve none of their problems and unnecessarily weaken a strength.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Giroux might be the best forward on the Flyers this time next year.
I'm not arguing this because I really like Giroux, but the Flyers do have an 80 point Selke finalist, and a guy who scored 46 goals, not to mention Gagne, who really bounced back well after last year.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote