HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kesler vs. Hemsky

View Poll Results: Kesler vs. Hemsky
Ryan Kesler 143 39.39%
Ales Hemsky 220 60.61%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Schitzo

vCash: 500
Would you rather have a shovel or a bus pass?

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.

Old
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Anthony*

shovel by a country mile

Old
04-24-2009, 11:18 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

It depends.

Do I want to amass a lot of points in the regular season, or do I want to generate momentum and win important games?

Old
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
eldiablo17

It looks like Kesler will be put on a scoring line next year from the get go and if he can put up around 30 goals and 65+ points I'll take him, but he has to do it first.

Old
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
DG

Alright, a poll that Ales Hemsky can win!

Old
04-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schitzo View Post
Would you rather have a shovel or a bus pass?

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.
This. They're so completely different, what's the point of comparing?

Old
04-25-2009, 12:29 AM
The Big Swede

Hemsky,no brainer for me

Old
04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Assuming he's healthy, I have to go with Hemsky by a narrow margin. If Kesler can keep up his pace from the second half over a full season, I might change my mind come next year. Gotta go Hemsky for now though.

Old
04-25-2009, 12:33 AM
NuxFan09

Hemsky is a one dimensional player while Kesler brings tons more to the table. Hemsky may have some sick skills but I see no difference between him and a grinder when it comes to clutch situations. I could say I'd rather Hemsky because he's your typical skilled 1st line winger that every team wants but then again, Hemsky is about a 70 point guy and Kesler has now established himself as a 55-60 point guy. Not much difference between the two and like I said, Kesler brings so much more to the table.

Kesler easily.

Old
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
BBQorMILDEW

not even close...

Hemsky by a landslide..

Kesler is not even on the same page as Hemsky..

Old
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Cocomero*

Ray Shero or Nabokov?

Old
04-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Laraque4PM*

Is this thread some kind of stupid joke???
Hemsky is way better than Kesler and its not even close.

Just ask yourself contracts aside who would garner more in a trade?

Case closed

Old
04-25-2009, 12:53 AM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque4PM View Post

Is this thread some kind of stupid joke???
Hemsky is way better than Kesler and its not even close.

Just ask yourself contracts aside who would garner more in a trade?

Case closed
The Canucks will always be underrated in every aspect.

I didn't see Hemsky leading his team to a playoff berth. Actually I saw Hemsky choke his way to a 3rd straight April golf membership along with the rest of the team.

I don't care how good he is or what kind of moves he pulls off, I'll take the guy that gives a ****.

Old
04-25-2009, 12:59 AM
imanania

WTF is everyone trying to do now? It's like Kesler is a target for jealous SJ, TML, Flames fans who want to get back at Kesler for owning Pavelski, Moore, and Lombardi in the polls. How can you compare Kesler and Hemsky? It's like you're trying to make Kesler get owned in a poll without comparing him to a superstar just so he looks bad, but get the opposing player borderline in skill so you don't look like an idiot.

I voted for Kesler because I watch Hemsky a LOT, and when he's not on his game he's useless. Also he's tough, but very soft, and hardly ever shoots. It's sometimes frustrating to watch him just stand there in the corner on the PP with the puck when he can snipe one. I voted Kesler because he's always producing, gritty, leader, hard-worker, PKer, and he can do anything and fill in for any position. Hemsky is like 80 points per season. Kesler is about 60. 20 pt differential is a lot, but Kesler played half the season on the third line, and he went on a tear when he moved up to the 2nd.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:02 AM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

if all you want is points...vote for Alice... if you want everything else vote for Kesler.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:11 AM
The Polak*

I'm starting to think nucks fans would take kesler over crosby because of his COMPLETENESS
Mod: deleted.

Last edited by Fugu: 04-27-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: OT
Old
04-25-2009, 01:16 AM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polak View Post
I'm starting to think nucks fans would take kesler over crosby because of his COMPLETENESS

Blindest fanbase ever
Get back to me when you see Kesler hoisting the Stanley Cup in June. He'll be holding it because he was a big part of why the Canucks won it in the first place, not because he racked up a bunch of assists on the PP in the regular season.

BTW, I'm still referring to the Kesler vs Hemsky comparison. Any idiot takes Crosby over Kesler. Insinuating that the Vancouver fanbase would prefer the other is only making yourself look like a fool.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:27 AM
JBell84

Who offers more stimulating conversation?

JUST JOKES, but seriously, Hemsky, lets get real. Kesler is rad, but Hemsky is first line on almost any team in the league. Trade value isn't even comparable, and Hemsky's contract is an incredible value.

Last edited by JBell84: 04-25-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old
04-25-2009, 01:36 AM
futurekos22*

[QUOTE=BBQorMILDEW;19270504]not even close...

Hemsky by a landslide..

Kesler is not even on the same page as Hemsky..[/
QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh

Old
04-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
The Canucks will always be underrated in every aspect.

I didn't see Hemsky leading his team to a playoff berth. Actually I saw Hemsky choke his way to a 3rd straight April golf membership along with the rest of the team.

I don't care how good he is or what kind of moves he pulls off, I'll take the guy that gives a ****.
That's really not fair to say about Hemsky. He isn't your stereotypical European. He has a lot of heart. Hemsky choked down the stretch? He had 9 points in the final 10 games. Unfortunately the Oilers only won 3 of those games. He was far from the reason behind the Oilers missing the playoffs.

You can like Kesler over Hemsky but the way your presenting your argument is just idiotic. Your reason for your opinion seems to be based on things you've just made up.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Vancouver fan voting for Hemsky.

Kesler is great, but Hemsky has the ability to take over a game. Pretty easy choice. Especially when you consider how cheap his contract is.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:50 AM
BBQorMILDEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Get back to me when you see Kesler hoisting the Stanley Cup in June. He'll be holding it because he was a big part of why the Canucks won it in the first place, not because he racked up a bunch of assists on the PP in the regular season.

BTW, I'm still referring to the Kesler vs Hemsky comparison. Any idiot takes Crosby over Kesler. Insinuating that the Vancouver fanbase would prefer the other is only making yourself look like a fool.
Wow, the way some canuck fans over rate their players is down right laughable.. Kesler has great intangibles but when push comes to shove Hemsky is a much more sought after player. Kesler is a borderline second line player, Hemsky is first line on almost every team in the league..
Lets for arguments sake switch the two players:
Hemsky would be on Vancouver's first line and every fan of the Canucks would be starting up new polls and new threads in the general area asking if everyone else in the league thinks he's an elite player. ( Kind of like all of the Burrows threads this year)
Put Kesler on Edmonton and they would have been worse off this year, actually Edmonton's PK would be slightly better.
Kesler can't control a game like Hemsky period.

Coming from a Flames fan..

Now the legions of Vancouver fans can come and Flame me..

Old
04-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Anthony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanania View Post
WTF is everyone trying to do now? It's like Kesler is a target for jealous SJ, TML, Flames fans who want to get back at Kesler for owning Pavelski, Moore, and Lombardi in the polls. How can you compare Kesler and Hemsky? It's like you're trying to make Kesler get owned in a poll without comparing him to a superstar just so he looks bad, but get the opposing player borderline in skill so you don't look like an idiot.

I voted for Kesler because I watch Hemsky a LOT, and when he's not on his game he's useless. Also he's tough, but very soft, and hardly ever shoots. It's sometimes frustrating to watch him just stand there in the corner on the PP with the puck when he can snipe one. I voted Kesler because he's always producing, gritty, leader, hard-worker, PKer, and he can do anything and fill in for any position. Hemsky is like 80 points per season. Kesler is about 60. 20 pt differential is a lot, but Kesler played half the season on the third line, and he went on a tear when he moved up to the 2nd.
uh i voted kesler

Old
04-25-2009, 01:55 AM
KillerWhale

Jebus every time I come to the polls section there's another thread involving Kesler...

Really though Kesler and Hemsky are two completely different players and to choose one would depend on a teams strenghts and weaknesses, however I'm sure Hemsky would be favoured by most teams.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:55 AM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Thanks to the most ridiculous comparison, we have ourselves a flame war (or at least one that's brewing).

I refuse to contribute in this thread any further.

Closed Thread