HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kesler vs. Hemsky

View Poll Results: Kesler vs. Hemsky
Ryan Kesler 143 39.39%
Ales Hemsky 220 60.61%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2009, 01:59 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
You don't need to discredit a player for another.. Pick who you'd rather want. State why and that's how you'll get a positive and calm discussion.

I picked Kesler just because I'm a homer.

Old
04-25-2009, 02:01 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQorMILDEW View Post
Wow, the way some canuck fans over rate their players is down right laughable.. Kesler has great intangibles but when push comes to shove Hemsky is a much more sought after player. Kesler is a borderline second line player, Hemsky is first line on almost every team in the league..
Lets for arguments sake switch the two players:
Hemsky would be on Vancouver's first line and every fan of the Canucks would be starting up new polls and new threads in the general area asking if everyone else in the league thinks he's an elite player. ( Kind of like all of the Burrows threads this year)
Put Kesler on Edmonton and they would have been worse off this year, actually Edmonton's PK would be slightly better.
Kesler can't control a game like Hemsky period.

Coming from a Flames fan..

Now the legions of Vancouver fans can come and Flame me..
Maybe but this season as a Canucks fan I believe Kesler probably would have made a bigger impact than Hemsky.

Take Kesler out and put in Hemsky.

Sedin-Sedin-Hemsky (sick first line)
Demitra-Sundin-scrub (awful 2nd line that doesnt do anything but float around)

Old
04-25-2009, 02:08 AM
John Belushi

Ales Hemsky is a bonafide first line player who can take over a game on his own, and stickhandle with the best of them.

Kesler is a 2nd-line calibre heart-and-soul player who bleeds loyalty and passion for the game.

I take Hemsky, but its close.

But in a game 7 Stanley Cup final matchup against a physical team, I'd lean towards Kesler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumphod View Post
Maybe but this season as a Canucks fan I believe Kesler probably would have made a bigger impact than Hemsky.

Take Kesler out and put in Hemsky.

Sedin-Sedin-Hemsky (sick first line)
Demitra-Sundin-scrub (awful 2nd line that doesnt do anything but float around)
You are being very selective here. Where is current top-6 player Alex Burrows in this fantasy lineup?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Hemsky-Sundin-Demitra

But that doesn't support your argument, now does it?

Old
04-25-2009, 08:35 PM
AgentNaslund*

Ales Hemsky is the only foward on the Edmonton OIlers that will beat Kesler in a poll. Yikes.

Old
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
You are being very selective here. Where is current top-6 player Alex Burrows in this fantasy lineup?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Hemsky-Sundin-Demitra

But that doesn't support your argument, now does it?
Only being selective because the previous poster said Hemsky was gonna be on the first line. I still don't see that 2nd line working.

Old
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
KillerWhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumphod View Post
Only being selective because the previous poster said Hemsky was gonna be on the first line. I still don't see that 2nd line working.
Sedin - Sedin - Hemsky
Demitra - Sundin - Burrows

Looks good to me?

Old
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
ziploc

I honestly am not sure that the Canucks would trade Kesler straight up for Hemsky, but not because Hemsky isn't a great player. He is, and for certain has more offensive ability than Kesler, and probably more worth in a trade than Kesler around the league. But Kesler fits this team well, and Hemsky may not. So it is not so clear cut, as many have said here. It all depends on what you need on your team.

But hey, it's fun to use polls as an opportunity to bash teams (and fan bases) we don't like, right?

Old
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Kesler...more of a complete player, plays with more heart.

04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
nvan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Kesler...more of a complete player, plays with more heart.
So you would pick Brinda'mour over Kovalchuk?

"Complete" players come and go all the time. High end skilled players are hard to find especially on sweetheart contracts.

Only an ignorant Canucks fan would be dumb enough to pick Kesler over Hemsky. If they were offered in a trade for each other every Canucks fan would have a hard-on at the possibility of such a ridiculously one-sided trade.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan97 View Post

"Complete" players come and go all the time. High end skilled players are hard to find especially on sweetheart contracts.

Only an ignorant Canucks fan would be dumb enough to pick Kesler over Hemsky. If they were offered in a trade for each other every Canucks fan would have a hard-on at the possibility of such a ridiculously one-sided trade.
I'd rather have 60-65 points of Kesler, competing with heart game in and game out, AND shutting down the other teams top scoring threats, than Ales Hemsky floating some nights, getting 70 points. Oh yeah, Kesler is also more of a goal scorer than Hemsky too.

I can see the Brind'Amour comparisons to Kesler (although I don't think he'll be THAT good), but Kovalchuk to Hemsky? Are you serious??

Old
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:

Kovalchuk is not a one-dimensional player. But that's not the point of this thread.

The answer is Hemsky, despite what the OP says, IMO this was made as a Canucks-flaming thread. Get real here, it isn't a landslide by any means but we're (Nucks fans) not ignorant enough to not realize that Hemsky has way more natural talent (at least it seems so), and that if like Kesler is showing he could ever get it together (which is the million dollar question), then he'd be a elite first liner in the league. Maybe in two years if Hemsky is still not accomplishing his potential, and Kesler continues his dynamic improvement, well then yeah, Kesler with all his intangibles along with scoring will be much more valuable and a better player. But until then, it's Hemsky.

Edit: I wouldn't trade Kesler for Hemsky considering the future, but as of right now I stick with my point about Hemsky being the "better player", just because of his offense.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'd rather have 60-65 points of Kesler, competing with heart game in and game out, AND shutting down the other teams top scoring threats, than Ales Hemsky floating some nights, getting 70 points. Oh yeah, Kesler is also more of a goal scorer than Hemsky too.

I can see the Brind'Amour comparisons to Kesler (although I don't think he'll be THAT good), but Kovalchuk to Hemsky? Are you serious??
There are 3 things about Hemsky that haven't been true for about 2 years but some people still like to use against him when it helps their argument.

1. He doesn't shoot the puck
2. He has no heart
3. He's a floater

I'd say Hemsky was a factor in 95% of the games he played this season. People say he disappeared down the stretch but he had 9 points in the final 10 games. He may have only had 2 goals but go youtube some of Kotalik's goals and then tell me Hemsky wasn't a factor.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Get back to me when you see Kesler hoisting the Stanley Cup in June. He'll be holding it because he was a big part of why the Canucks won it in the first place, not because he racked up a bunch of assists on the PP in the regular season.

BTW, I'm still referring to the Kesler vs Hemsky comparison. Any idiot takes Crosby over Kesler. Insinuating that the Vancouver fanbase would prefer the other is only making yourself look like a fool.
I'll get back to you in 3 weeks when the Canucks get eliminated in next round. This is so commical. You'd think the Canucks went 82-0 the way their fans are hyping them up to be.

As for the poll, I choose Hemsky. Hemsky is only 1 year older than Kesler, and has played 100 games more over their careers and has 90 more points. I really dont see how anyone can say they are close offensively. As for those for say Hemsky is "soft" and "not clutch, and not a playoff preformer" he was a main part as to why the Oilers went to the Stanley Cup Finals, with 17 points in 24 games.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
The Canucks will always be underrated in every aspect.

I didn't see Hemsky leading his team to a playoff berth. Actually I saw Hemsky choke his way to a 3rd straight April golf membership along with the rest of the team.

I don't care how good he is or what kind of moves he pulls off, I'll take the guy that gives a ****.

Oh, you weren't around in 2006 because as I remember Hemsky was a HUGE part in leading the Oilers to the Stanley Cup Finals, quite a bit farther than Kesler has ever led his team.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I'll get back to you in 3 weeks when the Canucks get eliminated in next round. This is so commical. You'd think the Canucks went 82-0 the way their fans are hyping them up to be.

As for the poll, I choose Hemsky. Hemsky is only 1 year older than Kesler, and has played 100 games more over their careers and has 90 more points. I really dont see how anyone can say they are close offensively. As for those for say Hemsky is "soft" and "not clutch, and not a playoff preformer" he was a main part as to why the Oilers went to the Stanley Cup Finals, with 17 points in 24 games.
...as a 22 year old playing in his first playoff games were he wasn't a rookie playing on the 4th line might I add.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:48 AM
futurekos22*

Quote:

Kovalchuk is not a one dimensional player. Non canuck fans have also picked kesler over hemsky so you're calling dumb too? You don't know what you're talking about. Get over yourself and stop being arrogant.

Old
04-26-2009, 02:03 AM
DG

Another poll thread full of idiocy! Hurray!

Old
04-26-2009, 02:34 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Oh, you weren't around in 2006 because as I remember Hemsky was a HUGE part in leading the Oilers to the Stanley Cup Finals, quite a bit farther than Kesler has ever led his team.
Its best not to refer to Stanley cup runs. Thanks in advance. WE can turn it over and ram it right back into your face. I assume Roloson who brought you guys to the finals is better then Luongo because he never achieved that? Its fine to say Hemsky is better, but please, stay away from "playoff runs" type of statements.

Quote:

I agree with this. CAnuck fans should not be talking about stanley cup finals at the moment.

Old
04-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Lounge Act*

Oh yeah, Hemsky isn't clutch at ALL!

How does Kesler get 30-something votes? Are people honestly THAT stupid?

Old
04-26-2009, 03:40 AM
robbiezyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Thou View Post

man i still get goosebumps watching that.

Old
04-26-2009, 03:51 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Thou View Post

because he's a 25G/60P (59, lets just round up by one point) center/winger who also happens to play Selke caliber defense.

Hemsky is a good player as well, but he's not a 90 point superstar. He's a solid first line player who isn't very physical.

So 2nd line forward with top quality defensive play vs decent top line player.

Yeah, its ridiculous that Kesler has even one vote.

Old
04-26-2009, 04:03 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
ANother dumb comparison, Top 3 Foward VS Top 6 Foward. Not close dude, fan or not let s all be realistic.

Old
04-26-2009, 04:36 AM
bbud

[QUOTE=The Polak;19269685]Why are we comparing garbage 3rd line players to superstars?[/QUOT
If Hemsky is a superstar why is he golfin and Kelsers lookin real good on way into round 2

Old
04-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
[QUOTE=bbud;19286334]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polak View Post
Why are we comparing garbage 3rd line players to superstars?[/QUOT
If Hemsky is a superstar why is he golfin and Kelsers lookin real good on way into round 2
Hemsky isn't golfing atm I don't think

Old
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Ales Hemsky

Closed Thread