HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New skates, flat feet

Old
04-24-2009, 08:54 PM
battlerex99

vCash: 500
New skates, flat feet

So the last two years I'm been skating with nike bauer supreme one-30 skates and they've been hurting my feet and ankles. I finally talking to a podiatrist about it (didn't go in specifically for that, but I asked the question) and he said a had a fairly flat foot. From what I researched Nike Bauer skates have a high arch so that was probably causing my pain.

So.... I need new skates, only I have no idea what would be good for my feet. The only thing I know is to not get Nike Bauers. I'm willing to shell out a good amount of money for them, maybe a nice pair of grafs? I have no idea what would be good. My feet are not narrow, maybe a TINY bit wide. Any idea what brand I should be looking into? (Obviously I will get myself fitted in a store, but I just want to know where I should start to look.) Thanks a lot for your help!

battlerex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
BadHammy*

My strongest suggestion for flat footed types, myself included, is for CCM. I've also heard from a lot of fellow flatties who swear by Easton. Checking into those two brands seems smart...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
As a guy with a pretty flat foot, Easton is the way to go. But don't take my word, try them on.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 07:45 AM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
I would say Missions. I dont have that flat of a foot, but i do suffer from sunken arches alot.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
alpo

Ask your podiatrist if they will make orthotics for your skates. I've got feet that are almost perfectly flat. Just about every pair of skate I tried caused pain in my arches until I asked a podiatrist to make an orthotic for my skates. I left my skates with him so they could get the perfect fit when the standard skate insoles were removed. My feet have been perfectly happy since then.

The only downside is that the orthotic will not fit in all pairs of skates. I picked up a pair of Easton's a couple of years ago on a close-out sale where there were no refunds (I did get a killer deal though). I normally wear Bauer's I didn't have my orthotic with me at the time, but thought they would fit. Of course they didn't and my feet kill me when I don't where the orthotic.

alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
I would say Missions. I dont have that flat of a foot, but i do suffer from sunken arches alot.
I have a fallen arch, or if you look at my foot when I stand, no arch, flat as the floor. The only skates Ive ever been able to use without any discomfort are Missions.

I have orthotics and they dont fit in any skate, I dont know if you were planning on putting insoles in the boot, but I wouldnt count on it as theres almost no way I can see fiitting an orthotic in there.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Silver91
Agent 0091

I've got pretty flat and somewhat wide feet as well. I currently use Grafs, which are awesome, and I suggest if you're willing to shell the money. But Missions are also very good, as are CCMs.

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Wolski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Same over here, my arch collapsed inward from too much soccer at a young age/genetics. Since moving to Mission Pure light's it's like a silk glove over my messed up feet.

When i was younger playing playing rep hockey i alway's used Tacks since they were cheaper and also Graf's. Both hurt my feet, i also used Nike skates which worked well but Missions have treated my feet the best.

From my experience the more arch your skate has the less pressure you have in the spot's that your feet hurt from being on a flat surface.

Wolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

the flexlites might be good

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Pierre Gotye

I have sort of flat feet, I wear Reebok's they're fantastic!

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:52 PM
frito

Didn't Bauer buy Mission and vow to discontinue all their ice prodcuts? It's a crying shame based on all the folks hear that swear by the Missions. They are also the only manufacturer to make a female specific skate. It's the only skate my daughter can wear.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote