HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack thread (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Os, trust me, Riss got a three year deal. Each one of the Rangers beat writers confirmed it directly with the team. I can't go looking for the links on my phone, so you'll just have to take me word for it for now.

And Viper, no. Bringing in guys from collge and junior at the end of the season is a regular part of life on an AHL team. Everyone does it. It's no excuse. The bigger issue was losing P.A. He and Anisimov carried the team for a huge stretch of the season. Then Zaba stepped up and carried them for another long stretch. No P.A + Zaba being human + Anisimov neutralized by Moore and Mclaren (and stuck with Pissmiller on his wing) = Wolfpack lose.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-25-2009, 09:56 PM
azrok22

Schoenfeld was at the game? Hopefully he drove a minivan and brings some guys back to NY wit him...

Old
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Schoenfeld was at the game? Hopefully he drove a minivan and brings some guys back to NY wit him...
unfortunately that guy may be gernander. don't tell any of the pack fans.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...feld_gern.html

Old
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
squishy

I'd be cool with that. Gernander is a very good assistant coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
philbo

Bring Artem along, & SIT ORR!!!!!

Old
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Rissmiller's not a UFA. We're stuck with this useless piece of crap for two more years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rissmiller was a top nine forward with a very good San Jose team last year. I wouldn't be surprised if his north/south style is more appreciated by Tortarella than Renney. If he comes to camp with a good attitude next year, he could be on the big club.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Well that is an EXTREMELY disappointing and early bow out for the back...

Well hopefully AA enjoyed what hopefully was...his last Wolf Pack game ever. Nice to see Sangs have 5 points in the 6 games.

Thanks for reminding me!!! I will miss that kid. He played his heart out during this series and I won't forget that.

I went up with some friends of mine. One who is a Rangers fan but hasn't been able to see the Pack at all this year and another who has only seen them twice. They both enjoyed the game, even though they lost. They made it exciting, scored a few goals and MOST of the players gave it their all.

I'm STILL pissed at having Pissmiller on the powerplay and the same line as Anisimov. What a joke...

Until next year...

Old
04-26-2009, 12:06 AM
squishy

As I said in my post last night... for what he did to the Pack in the playoffs (or didn't do) I hope he rides busses in the minors for the rest of his career. I have never seen such a blatant lack of effort and obvious desire to end a season as quckly as possible from a so-called professional in my life. Screw Patrick Rissmiller.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
As I said in my post last night... for what he did to the Pack in the playoffs (or didn't do) I hope he rides busses in the minors for the rest of his career. I have never seen such a blatant lack of effort and obvious desire to end a season as quckly as possible from a so-called professional in my life. Screw Patrick Rissmiller.
Posted via Mobile Device
What was so bad about it, Squishy?

Didn't see the game, obviously.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Rissmiller has played this series with no edge, no heart, no grit, no urgency and just doesn't seem to care about performing well or not. That's about it.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Rissmiller has played this series with no edge, no heart, no grit, no urgency and just doesn't seem to care about performing well or not. That's about it.
Dude is such a bum.

Old
04-26-2009, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The team is going to have the same look next season. They can't look to the 2007 draft for help because there is nothing coming out of there. Maybe Evgeny Grachev will be in the AHL rather than the OHL or the NHL.

Crowder's 1 year deal is for 2009-10. He is not a group II this summer.

Old
04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
squishy

Wolf Pack Season Comes to a Disappointing End… Again

Wolf Pack Season Comes to a Disappointing End… Again
The Hartford Wolf Pack’s season came to an early end on Saturday night when they dropped a 5-3 decision to the Worcester Sharks in game six of their Atlantic Division Semifinal series at the DCU Center in Worcester. The 4-2 series loss, which came as the result of four straight losses after the Pack had taken a 2-0 lead in the series, marks the third consecutive season in which the New York Rangers top farm club has ended a promising regular season with a disappointing first round loss.

The victory gave the fourth place Worcester Sharks their fist playoff series win in the franchise’s three year history.

Worcester took and early lead for the third straight game, scoring their first goal at 3:53 of the first period after an extended stretch of Shark pressure in the Wolf Pack zone culminated in a shot from the high slot by Frazer McLaren. Starter Matt Zaba made the initial stop, but Andrew Desjardins picked up the reboud right in front and put it over the goaltender for his second of the playoffs.

The Wolf pack responded at 6:31 on the power play. Bobby Sanguinetti, who finished with five points in six playoff games to lead the team in scoring, put a shot on goal from the center point which Dane Byers deflected past netminder Thomas Greiss.

The Sharks took a two goal lead in a span of 2:12, beginning at 12:17 of the first frame. Winger Lukas Kaspar got credit for the goal when his shot from the left half boards deflected off Wolf Pack defenseman Vladimir Denisov and between Zaba’s legs. Dan DeSilva followed up with his first of two in the game, when he was left all alone at the left post and tapped home a cross-slot pass from Frazer McLaren at 14:29.

Hartford rookie Dale Weise scored his first of two early in the second period to pull the Pack back within a goal. The Winnepeg native carried the puck down the right wing boards before cutting into the right face off circle and beating Greiss cleanly on the stick side with a quick wrist shot.

Discipline remained an issue for the Pack, and an elbowing penalty against Tommy Pyatt put the team back down by two goals when DeSilva scored on a perfectly executed back-door play, getting the easy tap-home from the left post off a pass from Jason Demers on the power play at 16:52 of the second period.

Logan Couture put the game out of reach when he powered through a check by left wing Brodie Dupont at the Hartford blueline and cut in off the right wing boards towards Zaba’s cage. The San Jose Sharks 2007 ninth overall draft pick, who was playing in only his tenth professional game, stuffed the puck on goal from the right side post. Zaba appeared to make the stop, but Wolf Pack winger Devin DiDiomete, coming hard on the back check, ran into his goaltender, seemingly pushing him, and the puck, into the net. Wolf Pack head coach Ken Gernander protested briefly, but referee David Banfield seemed to indicate that the shot went in independently of DiDiomete’s bump on his goaltender.

Weise cut Worcester’s lead back to two with 1:07 remaining in the game. With the Pack buzzing in the offensive zone (and Zaba still inexplicably in his net) the first year pro carried the puck out from behind the net and across the top of the circles, beating Greiss with another wrister from the right faceoff circle and tying Byers for the team lead in goals with three in the series.

But once again it was too little, too late, as that was as close as the Pack would get despite applying good pressure in the final 67 seconds of the match.

I’ll be posting a proper postmortem for the another disappointing season and individual player grades in the coming days.

Notes:
* Wolf Pack General Manager and Rangers Assistant Coach Jim Schoenfeld was in attendance, but disappeared during the third period, most likely right around the time the organization found out he’d be filling in for the suspended John Tortorella during Sunday’s game between the Rangers and Washington Capitals. The Record’s Andrew Gross reports that he could return to New York with Wolf Pack head coach Gernander and assistant J.J. Daigneault in tow to assist him on the bench during Sunday’s game.
* P.A. Parenteau missed his 10th consecutive game as he recovers from a concussion. The 26-year old forward is an unrestricted free agent this summer, and after failing to get a shot in the NHL in two years with the Rangers organization, is unlikely to return for a third.
* Wolf Pack captain Greg Moore got the wind knocked out of him by a hard check along the boards in the opening minutes of the game, but was able to return for his next shift.
* Defenseman Brian Fahey returned to the line up in favor of ATO-signee Tomas Kundratek. The veteran defenseman assisted on Weise’s second goal, and was a -1 in the game.
* With temperatures outside the arena well into the mid-80s, the game was plagued with frequent delays as the officials fixed problems with the ice surface.
* The Wolf Pack finished the game 1-for-3 on the power play, while the Sharks were 1-for-4. The home side held a slight advantage in shots, 33-30.

Scoring:
1. Desjardins (2) (McLaren, DaSilva) 3:53
1. Byers (3) (Sanguinetti) 6:31 (PP)
1. Kaspar (2) (Fornataro, Vesce) 12:17
1. DaSilva (1) (McLaren) 14:29
2. Weise (2) (Dupont, Sanguinetti) 5:53
2. DaSilva (2) (Demers, Armstrong) 16:52 (PP)
3. Couture (2) (Demers, Armstrong) 13:18
3. Weise (3) (Fahey, Ouellette) 18:53

Lines:
Byers - Anisimov - Rissmiller
Dupont - Moore - Weise
Pyatt - Owens - Ouellette
DiDiomete - Crowder - Bell

Potter - Sanguinetti
Urquhart - Sauer
Denisov - Fahey

Zaba / Wiikman

Three Stars:
1. Dan DaSilva
2. Thomas Greiss
3. Frazer McLaren

Links:
* Sharks Eliminate Wolf Pack (Hartford Courant)
* 5-3 Loss at Worcester Saturday Ends Wolf Pack’s Season (Hartford Wolf Pack)
* Sharks win four straight to trump Wolf Pack (Worcester Sharks)
* Sharks finish off Wolf Pack (Telegram & Gazette)
* Sharks prepare to face Bruins (Telegram & Gazette)
* WorSharks Eliminate Hartford With 5-3 Win (Sharkspage)
* Sharks take final bite out of Wolf Pack (The AHL)

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...ing-end-again/

Last edited by squishy: 04-26-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old
04-26-2009, 11:40 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What was so bad about it, Squishy?

Didn't see the game, obviously.
As Jarkko pointed out, he played like he was trying to end the season early so he could go home for the summer. After the trade deadline, when it became apparent that one one else wanted him, he actually started to play some hockey. Granted, he was still lazy, but he took lazy to a whole new level in the playoffs. If a puck jumped off of his stick, he didn't even make an effort to track it down. If a pass was too far ahead or behind, he didn't even stretch to reach for it. Work along the boards? He stood at the periphery and reached in with his stick. If the Sharks took it away, it was someone else's problem, not his. This is a man who came into the playoffs putting up 19 points in his last 17 regular season games. He got a single assist in the playoffs, and wasn't facing the Sharks top checking line and best defense pairing until Gernander inexplicably put him on Anisimov's wing for the final pair of games. I'd say he quit on his teammates, but I don't even think he ever realized he had teammates to begin with. He kept himself apart from them from the moment he arrived, left practices early and generally seemed to have the same attitude issues that were rumored to have gotten him demoted from NY in the first place.

I don't care how disappointed you are at being sent to the minors. Sometimes things don't work out the way we want them too. Good players (and people) make the best of what's handed to them, rather than punishing those around them for their misfortune.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Thomas Pock is an example of making good things out of being sent down. He got a well-deserved NHL gig this year.

Old
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Alright, I made my new avatar. If anyone wishes to improve upon my barbaric version please do so.

Old
04-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Ola

Its ironic how well HFD reacted on Torts directions that were sent to Gernander...

Old
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
squishy

Someone else caught the scoring mistake on the Wolf Pack's only goal in game 5:

Quote:
Hi Bob, I was hoping you could explain the scoring on the Pack's lone goal Thursday's game 5. Anisimov was clearly the player that put the puck on net from the corner after taking a pass from Potter at the point. Byers and Sanguinetti were in front, and it seemed like it was Byers who deflected it in (he was credited with the goal). But I don't see how it was Potter and Sanguinetti that get the assists. I figured it was just an error and would be changed after the game, but I just checked the score again, and it still reads the same way. Wouldn't something like that be reviewed and corrected after the game?
Crawford's response:

Quote:
Meg, I wondered about the scoring on that goal too. Once it goes into the books, then the team has to send a tape to the league to get it changed. I imagine that at some point the Pack coaching staff will send one in, as it should clearly indicate that Anisimov should have had an assist.
http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...k=59&objId=318

I'm not entirely sure it won't end up being his goal, rather than just an assist, but either way, in the end, Anisimov should end up with 3 playoff points rather than 2. Not that that's a big deal, but it sounds better to say my boy had a hand in a quarter of the goals the Pack scored than a sixth.

On the down side, Sanguinetti will lose one of his 5 points.

Old
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I actually saw that. And I do too follow the Rangers! I just don't get to watch them as often as the rest of you lucky lot. Cox Cable doesn't care to carry MSG for us here in Connecticut.

But for the record I'm a big Rangers fan.
I know you're pain, brutha! "Blue-ridge cable" replaced our MSG for SNY

It's funny though, even though I get both comcast philadephia and FSN Pittsburgh, I'm still blocked out of watching the Rangers on center ice.

Old
04-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I know you're pain, brutha! "Blue-ridge cable" replaced our MSG for SNY

It's funny though, even though I get both comcast philadephia and FSN Pittsburgh, I'm still blocked out of watching the Rangers on center ice.
It's not so much funny as frustrating as hell. Blue-Ridge makes it impossible to watch the Rangers unless they're on Versus, NBC or playing the Flyers.

Old
04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

I don't even get SNY. Once the YES Network came along, they took MSG out in favor of it. Luckily I am a Yankees fan, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to live with it.

I am lucky that they don't block the Rangers out on Center Ice, I'm just way too cheap to buy it. I survive with online streams all year.

Old
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
It's not so much funny as frustrating as hell. Blue-Ridge makes it impossible to watch the Rangers unless they're on Versus, NBC or playing the Flyers.
Obviously I didn't mean funny as in "Haha" funny, more like "this is F*ing ridiculous".

Old
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

'Pack season thread reach 1000 posts, so all post-season discussion was moved to a new thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=646428

Thanks to all, especially squishy, who kept the season thread constantly updated.

Closed Thread