HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Reasonable and dream line-ups for next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
  #51
nodice
Registered Lurker
 
nodice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
out of the 11 free agents the only ones I want back are Markov and Kovy....the rest see ya.....
... markov isn't even a free agent.
nor is hamerlik.

nodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM
  #52
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,831
vCash: 500
Realistically...

FORWARDS
Matt D'Agostini
Christopher Higgins
Saku Koivu (C)
Sergei Kostitsyn
Andrei Kostitsyn
Alexei Kovalev (C)
Robert Lang
Maxim Lapierre
Georges Laraque
Guillaume Latendresse
Glen Metropolit
Alex Tanguay
Tomas Plekanec
Stephane Veilleux

DEFENSE
Adrian Aucoin
Francis Bouillon
Josh Gorges
Roman Hamrlik
Andrei Markov (A)
Ryan O'Byrne
Mathieu Schneider


GOAL
Carey Price
Brent Johnson
Jaroslav Halak


OUT: Patrice Brisebois, Mathieu Dandenault, Mike Komisarek, Tom Kostopoulos,

IN: Stephane Veilleux, Brent Johnson, Adrian Aucoin


DEPTH CHART
Alex Tanguay - Saku Koivu - Alexei Kovalev
Sergei Kostitsyn - Robert Lang - Christopher Higgins
Andrei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Guillaume Latendresse
Stephane Veilleux - Maxim Lapierre - Georges Laraque

Matt Dagostini
Glen Metropolit



Andrei Markov - Adrian Aucoin
Roman Hamrlik - Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon - Mathieu Schneider

Ryan O'Byrne


Carey Price
Brent Johnson

Jaroslav Halak


Last edited by Charlie Milles*: 04-26-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:24 PM
  #53
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Eight View Post
Realistically...
So the younger and most valuable of the bunch is gone and our old legs are back?

Fine, 11th in the East.. not only we dont make the playoffs but we still dont get a franchise player at the draft and our young kids remain stagnant in their development..

I love how some of you think...


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 04-27-2009 at 04:09 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:28 PM
  #54
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchange View Post
Actually , both your line-ups pretty far fetched and horrible.

Antropov and Kostitsyn - hard working?
Your defense is so soft , no one will be afraid of them
What did we get for Plekanec? He's only an RFA?
You keep Dandenault over Kostopoulos..never gonna happen
And here I was thinking that I was the only one who thought both line combos were awful.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
  #55
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
So the younger and most valuable of the bunch is gone and our old legs are back?

Fine, 11th in the East.. not only we dont make the playoffs but we still dont get a franchise player at the draft..

I love how some of you think...
Lol I know right? Its nuts!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
  #56
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
So the younger and most valuable of the bunch is gone and our old legs are back?

Fine, 11th in the East.. not only we dont make the playoffs but we still dont get a franchise player at the draft..

I love how some of you think...
Koivu and Kovalev are staying. Plan and simple. I can't see either of the going elsewhere. Komisarek: total opposite. I'd say Brisebois has played his last game with the Habs, if not in the NHL; no reason to keep him around. Dandy has created too much drama for the player his is and Kostopolous is just a causality of Montreal being up against the cap and having needs on the blue line and in goal.
Aucoin would be the best possible replacement for Komisarek, in my opinon and Brent Johnson is the reliable, experienced backup that Price and Halak need. Vellieux, a new face, would provide spark on the Habs fourth line. You asked for realism and you got it. Lecavalier is not coming to Montreal, St. Louis is not coming to Montreal and Guy Lafleur isn't coming out of retirement.

...I still don't get why so many people hurl insults on the internet

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
  #57
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears
 
Saint Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Higgins-Antropov-Gaborik
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
Kostopoulos-Metropolit-D'agostini (not too sure of that line)
Latendresse-Lapierre-Laraque

Markov-Komisarek
Weber-Beauchemin
Gorges-Zubov

Price
Biron

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:30 PM
  #58
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigE View Post
subban?

you being serious?
are you serious? This kid had a hell of a season, and should have a good chance of cracking our horrible defence.

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:36 PM
  #59
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
are you serious? This kid had a hell of a season, and should have a good chance of cracking our horrible defence.
Let the guy get used to the pros in the AHL first so once he reaches the NHL he can be a better, more complete player and a potential no1 defensemen. Rushing him might prevent him from working on his flaws or weak points. Its Weber's turn to reach the NHL, having too many rookies on defense is a recipe to miss the playoffs.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
  #60
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Tanguay-Marleau-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Koivu-AKost
Latendresse-Lapierre-Pacioretty
Murray-Chipchura-Metropolit
Laraque

Markov-Beauchemin
Trade-Komi
Geoges-Subban/Weber/Dandy

Price
Veteran goalie

Trade assets: Pleks, Higgins, D'Ago, Skosts, Hammer

-Lecavalier I dont see how we can get Lecavalier after the whole saga and even before that. Good player but not worth the asking price at all.

-Get Marleau. The Sharks will probably choke again this year and the will most likely try to unload Marleau and keep Thorton. Sharks and Habs have been trade partner before, Marleau becomes our number one center and should cost less that Vinny.

-Sign Koivu and Kovy. We need them, they are the only ones who showed up in this year's playoffs and if you want to win the cup, you need playoffs performers and finally we can take some pressure off Koivu.

-Bring back Perez. This guy has great offensive skills, speed to burn and plays hard all the time. We need him back.

-Sign Beauchemin. Probably the only UFA who will want to sign here, physical, cup winner, great one-timer from the point.

-Sign Komi. Even though he regressed this year, we need his physical play and presence, i still believe in his potential.

-Trade Hammer. Probably the hardest task of the summer for Gainey (if hes still here). I was so dissapointed with his play this year, overpaid, aging who doesnt bring much to the table for a 5 mill + player. At this salary, you'd expect him to be the kind of player to take over Markov's place when injured but he cant. I dont see any team in this league wanting him unless they are trying to get rid of another overpaid player (Souray or Penner Oilers?).

-Keep Dandy. He can be what Brisebois did for us the last 2 years.

-Trade Halak and get a veteran Goalie to mentor Price.If we are to commit to Price as our future, Halak cannot be back next year. It would only slow Price down and mess with his already fragile confidence. He needs a backup like Kolzig who will only play 15-20 games/year and help Price becoming the star that he should be.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:25 PM
  #61
DougHarvey
Registered User
 
DougHarvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Tanguay-Marleau-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Koivu-AKost
Latendresse-Lapierre-Pacioretty
Murray-Chipchura-Metropolit
Laraque

Markov-Beauchemin
Trade-Komi
Geoges-Subban/Weber/Dandy

Price
Veteran goalie

Trade assets: Pleks, Higgins, D'Ago, Skosts, Hammer

-Lecavalier I dont see how we can get Lecavalier after the whole saga and even before that. Good player but not worth the asking price at all.

-Get Marleau. The Sharks will probably choke again this year and the will most likely try to unload Marleau and keep Thorton. Sharks and Habs have been trade partner before, Marleau becomes our number one center and should cost less that Vinny.

-Sign Koivu and Kovy. We need them, they are the only ones who showed up in this year's playoffs and if you want to win the cup, you need playoffs performers and finally we can take some pressure off Koivu.

-Bring back Perez. This guy has great offensive skills, speed to burn and plays hard all the time. We need him back.

-Sign Beauchemin. Probably the only UFA who will want to sign here, physical, cup winner, great one-timer from the point.

-Sign Komi. Even though he regressed this year, we need his physical play and presence, i still believe in his potential.

-Trade Hammer. Probably the hardest task of the summer for Gainey (if hes still here). I was so dissapointed with his play this year, overpaid, aging who doesnt bring much to the table for a 5 mill + player. At this salary, you'd expect him to be the kind of player to take over Markov's place when injured but he cant. I dont see any team in this league wanting him unless they are trying to get rid of another overpaid player (Souray or Penner Oilers?).

-Keep Dandy. He can be what Brisebois did for us the last 2 years.

-Trade Halak and get a veteran Goalie to mentor Price.If we are to commit to Price as our future, Halak cannot be back next year. It would only slow Price down and mess with his already fragile confidence. He needs a backup like Kolzig who will only play 15-20 games/year and help Price becoming the star that he should be.
And that would be to give up the puck and shoot into the opponents legs creating breakaways.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
  #62
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,769
vCash: 500
Sign the Sedins that's for sure. It's a must. We get a #1 center and a 1st line winger. Yes they play a soft finesse game, but they are better than anyone currently on our team.

Trade rights to Komi and Higgins for Hartnell...Philli is close to the cap they need to clear some room. Higgins fits their style of hockey, I know people don;t want to lose Higgins, but imo Hartnell is more of what we need than Higgins. Trading Komi's rights with Higgins gives Komi a good chance to sign with Philli since Higgins and Komi are very good friends.

Sign Beauchemin and Zanon.

Re-sign Koivu and Kostopolous.

Trade Plekanec and Halak for a good backup for price

Sedin Sedin Hartnell
Pacioretty Koivu A.Kos
Latendresse Lappiere Sergei
Kostopoulos Metropolit D'agostini

Markov Beauchemin
Hamrlik Weber
Zanon Gorges

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
  #63
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,517
vCash: 500
Re-sign Kovalev Lang Tanguay

Sign Jason Williams and trade Plekanec+ pick prospect to get Pierre-Marc Bouchard

I think we could sign Beauchemin because Anaheim is always near the cap and he'll get a big raise.

I'll also sign Derek Morris, a big RH defenceman with a wicked slapshot.

I'll also sign one of Boynton or Montador to be the 3rd RH pair.

Also Halak + pick or prospect for Lupul then sign a veteran backup like Roloson Garon Johnson Fernandez.

Tanguay Bouchard Kovalev
Higgins Lang Lupul
S.Kostitsyn Williams A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse Metropolit Lapierre
D'Agostini Laraque

Put Laraque instead of Metropolit against bigger teams and D'Agostini instead of Metropolit when you need some offence

Markov Beauchemin
Hamrlik Morris
Gorges Boynton/Montador
Obyrne

Price
Roloson/Garon/Johnson/Fernandez

danyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 02:30 PM
  #64
DougHarvey
Registered User
 
DougHarvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sign the Sedins that's for sure. It's a must. We get a #1 center and a 1st line winger. Yes they play a soft finesse game, but they are better than anyone currently on our team.

Trade rights to Komi and Higgins for Hartnell...Philli is close to the cap they need to clear some room. Higgins fits their style of hockey, I know people don;t want to lose Higgins, but imo Hartnell is more of what we need than Higgins. Trading Komi's rights with Higgins gives Komi a good chance to sign with Philli since Higgins and Komi are very good friends.

Sign Beauchemin and Zanon.

Re-sign Koivu and Kostopolous.

Trade Plekanec and Halak for a good backup for price

Sedin Sedin Hartnell
Pacioretty Koivu A.Kos
Latendresse Lappiere Sergei
Kostopoulos Metropolit D'agostini

Markov Beauchemin
Hamrlik Weber
Zanon Gorges
So how does trading a duo who potentially can make about 7,000,000 together help Philly if they are already close to the cap?

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
  #65
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
So how does trading a duo who potentially can make about 7,000,000 together help Philly if they are already close to the cap?
Hey, don't put too much realism in this reasonable thread.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
  #66
Netro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
I'm not sure I am going to venture into an actual full line-up because it is difficult to anticipate what is realistic for free agents and trades. I mean, I don't see Colorado trading an upcoming young player like Wolski for Halak and a second. I think Halak is good but I am not sure other teams view him as a #1.

Also - I do like Perezhogin but is he really coming back? Or better, what would be the cost to have him back? I could see his rights being used in a trade.

I believe that Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev will all be back.
I believe that Brisebois, Bouillion, Schneider, Kosto and Dandenault won't be unless the contract is very favorable for the Habs.
I believe that Plekanec will be traded
I believe that Higgins may have earned himself a spot next season with his year-end play
I believe that there is a good chance Komisarek won't be back
I believe that Lang won't be back as well.

What would all this mean? It would mean the following:

Tanguay-???-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-A.Kosty
Latendresse-Lapierre-D'Agostini
S.Kosty-Metro-Laraque

Pacioretty will be given an opportunity to win a spot on the team. Perhaps Stewart as well. I also think Chipchura will be traded. BG will go after a big #1 guy hard this summer. I personally am not sure Lecavalier is the answer...only because I dislike his contract and the fact that he is getting banged up. If San Jose loses and they decide for a change, perhaps Joe Thornton, with only 2 years left on his deal, is a better solution.

Markov-???
Hamrlik-???
Gorges-???

I think with no Komisarek, there is an opportunity to go get another puck moving defenceman. I also think that Weber will have an opportunity, along with perhaps one of the Russian d-man should they come over, to win a spot on this team. Ryan OByrne, if not traded, might have a shot at the #6 spot as well. I think besides a #1 center, BG will concentrate on the 2 top 4 d-men and let Weber/OByrne/Emelin/Valentenko vie for the #6 spot. I also could see Dandenault re-signed on the cheap, if possible, as #7

Price
Halak

Halak may be moved and a vet may be picked up. Lots of options...it will be interesting.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
  #67
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Let the guy get used to the pros in the AHL first so once he reaches the NHL he can be a better, more complete player and a potential no1 defensemen. Rushing him might prevent him from working on his flaws or weak points. Its Weber's turn to reach the NHL, having too many rookies on defense is a recipe to miss the playoffs.
So I guess you seem happy with the defence we have now and just making the playoffs, good enough Mr.Gainey.

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
  #68
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
- Get Pronger (6.25M) in the offseason
Gorges (1.1M) + McDonagh (free some space)

- Get Vinny Lecavalier (7.77M)
Plekanec (2M) + S.Kostitsyn (0.817M) + D'Agostini (0.5M) + Halak(0.78M) + 1st pick '10

- Sign Antropov (20M for 5 years)

- Resign Kovalev (7M/2 years), Bouillon (6M/3 years), Latendresse (3M/3 years), Higgins (6M/3 years), Komisarek (21M/6 years), Kostopoulos (3M/3years)
____________
-3.5M (then 08-09 season cap)

Pacioretty - Lecavalier - Kovalev
Higgins - Antropov - A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Metropolit - Laraque

Markov - Hamrlik
Pronger - Komisarek
Bouillon - Weber

Price
Denis


Last edited by Vanek20: 04-27-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
  #69
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
My stab at a "dream" line-up for 2009...

Tanguay - Lecavalier - Hossa
Pacioretty - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Lang - D'Agostini
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopolous

Markov - Komisarek
Harmlik - Weber
Schneider - O'Byrne

Price
Vukoun

Obviously, this wouldn't work for cap purposes without some big paycuts to our UFAs... But I can dream

Obviously, Plekanec, Halak, Kostitsyn x2, and some others would have to be moved to bring in some of these under contract names.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:41 PM
  #70
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,513
vCash: 400
tanguay-koivu-kovy
higgins-staal-patches
lats-laps-kostop
stewart-metro-laraque/dandy/dagger

markov-jbo
hamr-letang
schneider/weber-obyrne
dandy

Price
Roloson

resign: koivu, tanguay, kovy, kostop, schneider, dandy (all at a lesser price, save for maybe Tanguay, I'd give him whatever it takes)

Komo I don't think wants to return.

Trade Halak for picks, then in turn use those picks + Plekanec, the Brothers K and McDonagh for Staal and Letang.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
  #71
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post

Trade Halak for picks, then in turn use those picks + Plekanec, the Brothers K and McDonagh for Staal and Letang.
Wow, this isn't Eric Staal we are talking about here and why would we get Letang when we got Weber and Subban. McDonagh is way more valuable than Letang. Actually, I would trade Mr. flavor of the month before trading McDonagh. He's a physical defensive LD with great skating and projectable offence. Weber is way better than Subban but people are blinded by his great WJC. Subban has still many holes in his game and with Weber in, I wouldn't mind trading him, but of course for a great player not an overated 2nd liner.

As for Jordan Staal, the K brothers are more than enough to land him... Pitts would probably have to send something back, like a 1st or 2nd rounder.

As for the topic, I don't know how we can make the difference between a reasonable lineup and "reality"...

A dream lineup is easy to make, it starts with Malkin, Crosby and Oveckin up front and Luongo in net... but, you could be very reasonable and make a dreamy lineup that could very well happen with a little luck and a GM with balls.

The only thing I don't want is a carbon copy of this year's team.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:23 PM
  #72
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,660
vCash: 500
My main aims would go on two magor fronts:

Jordan Staal and The Sedins.

You replace Koivu and Kovy by three young guys with talent and size that can welcome any styles and team structures. I bet you than we do that and it would change our team completly. I think Staal would be a great number one centerman with skills and hardwork. The Sedins have skills, you get one you get two. And they're not troublemakers.

Of all our UFAs I ONLY re-sign Komisarek, Schneider, Lang and Tanguay. All far less that they were making, Komi far less that he was asking.

New signings would be Francois Beauchemin, Andre Roy and Denis Gauthier as 7th defenseman. Getting Roy would also mean to get rid of Laraque. Roy is the guy with fire and passion that we needs. He's like the complete opposite of BGL(can you imagine Patrick Roy as coach and Andre Roy as enforcer? Things could go nuts! ).

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  #73
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
My main aims would go on two magor fronts:

Jordan Staal and The Sedins.

You replace Koivu and Kovy by three young guys with talent and size that can welcome any styles and team structures. I bet you than we do that and it would change our team completly. I think Staal would be a great number one centerman with skills and hardwork. The Sedins have skills, you get one you get two. And they're not troublemakers.

Of all our UFAs I ONLY re-sign Komisarek, Schneider, Lang and Tanguay. All far less that they were making, Komi far less that he was asking.

New signings would be Francois Beauchemin, Andre Roy and Denis Gauthier as 7th defenseman. Getting Roy would also mean to get rid of Laraque. Roy is the guy with fire and passion that we needs. He's like the complete opposite of BGL(can you imagine Patrick Roy as coach and Andre Roy as enforcer? Things could go nuts! ).
Andre Roy may actually be a worse hockey player than Big George. Who with two years left and a NMC, isn't going anywhere.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
  #74
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
swap Latendresse and D'agostini, insert Perezhogin and Chipchura in the line-up, let Metropolit go and scratch Laraque.. Thats about the line-up I would have too if we fail to get a star center like Lecavalier.. I would let Maxwell and Desharnais fight for the second line center spot.. Its Lecavalier and a rebuild ala Flyers or mediocrety for the next 2-3 years, getting some high draft picks.. I cant see Gainey signing some old legs to fill some spots, our kids have to develop..


Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
So the younger and most valuable of the bunch is gone and our old legs are back?

Fine, 11th in the East.. not only we dont make the playoffs but we still dont get a franchise player at the draft and our young kids remain stagnant in their development..

I love how some of you think...
I love the juxtaposition. Your second post makes some sense, but you completely shoot yourself in the foot with the first post.

You're basically suggesting we dress the Hamilton Bulldogs next year, who got knocked out in the AHL playoffs just as quickly as Montreal did.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:48 PM
  #75
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Andre Roy may actually be a worse hockey player than Big George. Who with two years left and a NMC, isn't going anywhere.
I thought Roy was a great, effective fourth line player when he played for Tampa two years ago. He was a solid grinder. And i'm sure BGL would love to get the Hell out of there and could ask for a trade. Before posting things, I would suggest you knowing a thing or two about the given subject.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.