HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joffrey Lupul

Old
04-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
Lupul is an asset to any team seeking:

-a rock solid beer pong player
-a XBox live partner
-Abercrombie-model hair
Sounds like the perfect fit for the Rangers.

Even they arn't that dumb though, not with that contract.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:46 AM
oilphan

How about a Lupul for Penner trade

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Because Lupul worked out so well for you guys the last time?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:36 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
I think I'd actually do that. Same exact cap hit, Penner's contract is done 1 year earlier. We also add some size up front which I think is one of our needs.

Edit: I should add that I'd only do this after failing at using Lupul as a means of shedding salary.

Last edited by DUHockey9: 04-26-2009 at 10:44 AM.
DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Brophy

one word: waivers. peace holmes.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
he had 25 goals. the labels streaky and inconsistent really only apply if you see him as a 40 goal talent. the deal he has is maybe a mil too high as an inconsitent player and a mil too low if he learns to play 82 games. he doesnt have a consistent enough defensive game and doesnt create his own chances. i think hes the kind of player that needs to be the scorer on a traditional playmaker/sniper/powerforward line. which he wasnt this year. hes available for the right offer but im willing to try and let him at least play a year on the new deal before i say he isnt worth it.
We don't have the option of letting him play one year on the new deal. We're ****ed with the cap. His ass has to be gone or we'll have a third line of Carcillo-Powe-Asham and a fourth line of Cote-Ross-Kalinski.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:36 PM
sg12lw

lupul isnt even streaky....more like invisible invisible invisible, sick goal, invisible invisible invisible garbage goal, invisible invisible invisible invisible dumb penalty invisible invisible invisible

carter is streaky lupul is just a ghost

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:40 PM
PhilaFlyers

I like the guy but he can't stay with that contract.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
phlocky

He's not as bad as many here make him out to be. However, at 4.25 mil he needs to not play sometimes and dissapera at others. He NEEDS to have a breakout similar to Hartnell and Carter this year. Lupul CAN be a hitter and he has done that at times here. This year he seems to have forgotten how to hit and thinks he should just be floating around looking for pucks to put in an open net. If he's going to earn his 4.25 mil then he's got to adopt the mentality that he IS going to be a dominant force out there ALL THE TIME!!! He's only 24 so in no way should we assume he's finished developing.

At 2.3 mil, 25 goals and 50 points was a bargin even if he was invisable at times. Now, at 4.25 mil he needs to step up to 30 goals and 60+ points and be a presence every game. There's no room to take games off and be carried by others at that price. We'll see next year if he lives up to his pay increase. Hopefull he does.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
RoDu

Going into next year, we'll need to manage the cap much better. Guys like Lupul will be the first to go to save money. I'd take picks for him to be out of here

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Tug07Gti

If the Flyers need to shed cap space (which they will), this guy is going to be waived. Not even worth mentioning in trade rumors. That is the only way the Flyers can clear him off the books. He's a solid player, but pricey for his level of contribution. I believe another team would take him, but he definitely carries negative trade value.

Sad thing is, he'll put up 20-35 goals per year in the next 5 years, if combined with the right players. Really wish they had kept Upshall instead of him...

Tug07Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
IrishSniper87

Lupul has to be traded. JVR can be brought in and only cost around $3 mill on the cap.

Jones is also terrible. He is trash.

Dump these worthless over-paid hacks.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
blah

Lupul is truly frustrating. He'd be a rich man's Hartnell if he felt like playing at that level. We all saw how good he can be before the injury last season. Put him on a line with a franchise player and someone that'll win puck battles, and he'll do well with consistant minutes.

They'll get something decent for him if they deal him this offseason. A team will miss out on the player they want at the draft or in free agency, and Lupul will be their consolation prize. Adding another first round pick is fine with me.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Lupul is truly frustrating. He'd be a rich man's Hartnell if he felt like playing at that level. We all saw how good he can be before the injury last season. Put him on a line with a franchise player and someone that'll win puck battles, and he'll do well with consistant minutes.

They'll get something decent for him if they deal him this offseason. A team will miss out on the player they want at the draft or in free agency, and Lupul will be their consolation prize. Adding another first round pick is fine with me.
I doubt we'd get a 1st for him

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:00 PM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I doubt we'd get a 1st for him
can we trade for ..... new trainers and medical staff? no need for picks.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

He is what he is...the real issue in these situations comes down to the one offering players like Lupul the contract they signed.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
panayiotis

Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Which was cute at $2.3M. But he has to be gone when he's earning $4.25M.
Homer gave him the deal. Nobody is gonna pick up that tab. Nice job!

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:45 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
If he had Hartnell's or Richie's work ethic, he'd be a 70 point player (he was on pace for nearly that last year), but ever since he got paid, it's been a different story.

Really dumb contract by Holmgren.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 07:06 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
maybe if stevens can bear down on him, we can fix that sloppy work ethic. he needs to have it made clear that this city won't accept half-assed play, especially at that contract. stevens should bench him if his play isn't up to snuff, and joffrey had better respond to that.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
BigBanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
maybe if stevens can bear down on him, we can fix that sloppy work ethic. he needs to have it made clear that this city won't accept half-assed play, especially at that contract. stevens should bench him if his play isn't up to snuff, and joffrey had better respond to that.
He is more interested in After game activities then playing Hockey takes way to many games off is the new Alexander Daige great potential and never lives up to it

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
JSTAFF

I think you guys are all missing one crucial point. The core of the team, the "in crowd" so to speak all love Lupul and each other. It is obvious when Upshall got traded the whole team was pissed. Not only did they lose their teammate but they lost a good friend. Their play in following games showed it.

Now, we will let Lupul go (even though I dont think we will), and the team will be really pissed off. Say what you want about him being lazy blah blah blah, but he is still one of the only Flyers on this team that can actually SKATE through the neutral zone with the puck on his tape. The only reason Carter can is because hes so fast, the other two being Briere and Giroux. Richards can do it but more times than not it leads to a crucial turnover trying to make one too many moves.

Everyone should be far more concerned about "OFD" Randy Jones and Carle getting paid what they do when I've seen high school kids that play better hockey.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
He is more interested in After game activities then playing Hockey takes way to many games off is the new Alexander Daige great potential and never lives up to it
then stevens needs to be the dad and ground him. discipline has its place and if joffrey is that much of a freewheeler, we need to tighten the hatches on this ship.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I think you guys are all missing one crucial point. The core of the team, the "in crowd" so to speak all love Lupul and each other. It is obvious when Upshall got traded the whole team was pissed. Not only did they lose their teammate but they lost a good friend. Their play in following games showed it.

Now, we will let Lupul go (even though I dont think we will), and the team will be really pissed off. Say what you want about him being lazy blah blah blah, but he is still one of the only Flyers on this team that can actually SKATE through the neutral zone with the puck on his tape. The only reason Carter can is because hes so fast, the other two being Briere and Giroux. Richards can do it but more times than not it leads to a crucial turnover trying to make one too many moves.

Everyone should be far more concerned about "OFD" Randy Jones and Carle getting paid what they do when I've seen high school kids that play better hockey.
I hate watching Randy Jones play. For me, he sucked when he was cheap, so right now he is a disgrace. I would rather Sbisa play honestly. Cheaper and about the same level of play right now, haha.

I like Lupul, but will be overpaid next season, and I'd rather he be traded.

As far as Carle goes, I like him and the team likes him, I just think he is paired up with the wrong guy. Hopefully your boy Parent tightens up his game so we can have either Timonen or Parent play with Carle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
then stevens needs to be the dad and ground him. discipline has its place and if joffrey is that much of a freewheeler, we need to tighten the hatches on this ship.
Stevens bakes cakes ...

like a mother would

Old
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
If that's the case we should shut it down. Because we won't win ****.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
Sounds like the perfect fit for the Rangers.

Even they arn't that dumb though, not with that contract.
Wade Redden.

Wade Redden.