HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sportsplex: Feasterville, PA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2009, 11:46 AM
  #1
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Sportsplex: Feasterville, PA

I know we had a thread about this before but I'm not the best at finding it. Does anyone play in any of the indoor roller leagues here?

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
  #2
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
I've played 2 or 3 Rutgers Roller Hockey games there. Nicest roller hockey rink(s) I've ever played on.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
  #3
CoolinWithCosta
Registered User
 
CoolinWithCosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
I played a dek hockey tournament there and it was great

CoolinWithCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:00 AM
  #4
curtisinpa
Registered User
 
curtisinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Yeah I play at Susquehanna Sports Center in Harrisburg.

http://www.susq-sports.com/

curtisinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:50 AM
  #5
shamski7
Registered User
 
shamski7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I know we had a thread about this before but I'm not the best at finding it. Does anyone play in any of the indoor roller leagues here?
whats the cost to join one of these leagues?

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:59 AM
  #6
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
whats the cost to join one of these leagues?
Theres a set fee the whole team has to pay, so it depends on the amount of people you have. Alot of teams have 10 guys - so its pretty cheap...like 120 a guy for 10 games and guarenteed 1 playoff game. We only have 8 so we pay a little more.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
  #7
shamski7
Registered User
 
shamski7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
Theres a set fee the whole team has to pay, so it depends on the amount of people you have. Alot of teams have 10 guys - so its pretty cheap...like 120 a guy for 10 games and guarenteed 1 playoff game. We only have 8 so we pay a little more.
hm thats not bad. whats the level of competition like? do they have different leagues for varying skill levels? im probably like half hour from the rink

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
  #8
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
Theres a set fee the whole team has to pay, so it depends on the amount of people you have. Alot of teams have 10 guys - so its pretty cheap...like 120 a guy for 10 games and guarenteed 1 playoff game. We only have 8 so we pay a little more.
For that amount of games and the quality of the rink, I'd say that's a good deal.

In relation, I pay $250 for 12 games and NOT GUARANTEED playoffs in ice hockey on a rink that has some of the worst quality ice I've ever played on.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
  #9
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
hm thats not bad. whats the level of competition like? do they have different leagues for varying skill levels? im probably like half hour from the rink
They have 2 different leagues with 4 different player skills. The one league is WWL I believe, which is weekend night games, normally sunday. The other league is the weekday league, which is normally monday or tuesday nights.

The skill levels are Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper - in that order. The copper league has most team at like 15-20. You see guys that should be in the Gold league and first time players in this league haha.


Check out the website: www.sportsplexpa.com

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
  #10
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
I live 10 minutes from the rinks. Ive been in several leagues there, most recently the WWL league. I was on Tigbits and MotherPuckers if you were in the copper or bronze division. Its good and its fun but being a team captain is a big pain in the ass dealing with all the financial things and ref fees and getting everyone to pay up. Some of the refs there are complete garbage, too, and thats probably my only gripe. If your game is late, they wanna speed everything up so they can go home. If they have any friends on the other team, you tend to get dicked over, and some guys are just complete *******s. Sometimes I cant believe they are getting paid to do such a horrible job. If anyone wants to start up a team or needs a pretty solid defenseman I'm more than willing to play, I love it there. I know alot of other people who could play too.

I'm just not allowed to make my own team anymore because half of the kids on my team never paid up and the $600 owed got completely pinned on me, and Im not shelling out that kind of money because the low lifes on my team wouldnt pay up.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 12:09 PM
  #11
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkens View Post
I live 10 minutes from the rinks. Ive been in several leagues there, most recently the WWL league. I was on Tigbits and MotherPuckers if you were in the copper or bronze division. Its good and its fun but being a team captain is a big pain in the ass dealing with all the financial things and ref fees and getting everyone to pay up. Some of the refs there are complete garbage, too, and thats probably my only gripe. If your game is late, they wanna speed everything up so they can go home. If they have any friends on the other team, you tend to get dicked over, and some guys are just complete *******s. Sometimes I cant believe they are getting paid to do such a horrible job. If anyone wants to start up a team or needs a pretty solid defenseman I'm more than willing to play, I love it there. I know alot of other people who could play too.

I'm just not allowed to make my own team anymore because half of the kids on my team never paid up and the $600 owed got completely pinned on me, and Im not shelling out that kind of money because the low lifes on my team wouldnt pay up.

I know we are losing one guy for the summer league - its 2 nights a week tho, during the week. If your interested send me a PM and ill hit you up when it gets closer.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
  #12
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
I can tell you one thing...I won't play indoor soccer there ever again...

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
  #13
roast
Registered User
 
roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
I played in tournaments there when I was in the ECRHA...it was one of the nicer facilities we played at.

roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:25 PM
  #14
mdm815
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: pa
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Me and my friends play there, we're in copper though haha. We were the rockets but we had to stop for the spring season cos of some deadbeats. Playing again in June tho. If anyone plays copper weeknights and wants to make an HF team let me know, cos that'd be kinda sweet.

mdm815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
  #15
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkens View Post
I live 10 minutes from the rinks. Ive been in several leagues there, most recently the WWL league. I was on Tigbits and MotherPuckers if you were in the copper or bronze division. Its good and its fun but being a team captain is a big pain in the ass dealing with all the financial things and ref fees and getting everyone to pay up. Some of the refs there are complete garbage, too, and thats probably my only gripe. If your game is late, they wanna speed everything up so they can go home. If they have any friends on the other team, you tend to get dicked over, and some guys are just complete *******s. Sometimes I cant believe they are getting paid to do such a horrible job. If anyone wants to start up a team or needs a pretty solid defenseman I'm more than willing to play, I love it there. I know alot of other people who could play too.

I'm just not allowed to make my own team anymore because half of the kids on my team never paid up and the $600 owed got completely pinned on me, and Im not shelling out that kind of money because the low lifes on my team wouldnt pay up.
You say that like you're the only one.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
  #16
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
I do agree with the refs thing tho, if you get on their good side they let alot of things go. They used to hate me because I talk mad **** all game but now I joke with them before the game and they know me so I rarely get called for my antics.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
  #17
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I do agree with the refs thing tho, if you get on their good side they let alot of things go. They used to hate me because I talk mad **** all game but now I joke with them before the game and they know me so I rarely get called for my antics.
It's definitely true. I got a penalty last night for roughing cause I hit a guy in a no checking league, but it was blatantly obvious and I was trying to get my team's energy going (until the other team scored on the PP I just gave them). But you get my point. That was easily my first penalty in roughly 15 games.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
  #18
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
It's definitely true. I got a penalty last night for roughing cause I hit a guy in a no checking league, but it was blatantly obvious and I was trying to get my team's energy going (until the other team scored on the PP I just gave them). But you get my point. That was easily my first penalty in roughly 15 games.
Im not getting this? You got a penalty because you hit a guy but you think it should have been let go because you just wanted to get your team hyped? lol

I get alot of bad penalties. I think the last game I played there I was thrown out for three accidental tripping penalties where the guys all stepped on my stick. Its just so frustrating when you race for the puck and collide with someone..if he falls its a penalty, but when Im skating across the neutral zone with my hand in the air, looking up to grab the flying puck, and a dude goes out of his way to put his shoulder into my gut, flipping me over completely its all in good fun and the refs let it go. One time we were changing on the fly and the puck came and hit a player on the opposing team in the foot and the ref calls too many men on us because he said I played the puck. Its just garbage calls like this that make me mad, and some of the refs will be complete *******s about it, too. They have really ****** attitudes. My friend got a 4 minute unsportsmanlike penalty for saying to a ref, "I know you have friends on the other team, but you gotta call it at least somewhat fair."

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
  #19
ArchieIsGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
i play there too. Hockey Monkeys in the copper league...always look forward to our games. the refs can make some funky calls but ive been playing there for a long time and i think its more that certain ones call the game tight or loose. but i agree when some of their buddies are playing they do call things different

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:54 PM
  #20
FP9
Registered User
 
FP9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
I used to play here with the Cobras in the in-house league but dropped out after 4 years because the games were on Fridays.

FP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
  #21
CoolinWithCosta
Registered User
 
CoolinWithCosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Ive played in whatever the best league is there, and I was unimpressed. The refs are garbage and I wasn't even really impressed with the competition. I play at Skaters Choice in SJ and the refs are better than average and the competition is decent. However, I will say that Sportsplex has one of, if not the best, rinks in the area in terms of quality of the floor and boards and size. Plus it doesn't get too hot in there.

Also, if I remember correctly, ref fees are 30/game. Which is insane. Another reason why I didn't like playing there.

CoolinWithCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 08:50 AM
  #22
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
i play there too. Hockey Monkeys in the copper league...always look forward to our games. the refs can make some funky calls but ive been playing there for a long time and i think its more that certain ones call the game tight or loose. but i agree when some of their buddies are playing they do call things different
Ha, I know your team. We will be playing you this season. We are the WG Snipers. Last season I joined without my own squad and was on the awesome "Team Tim" I think our only victory of the season was against you in a shootout. Thanks!

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
  #23
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkens View Post
Im not getting this? You got a penalty because you hit a guy but you think it should have been let go because you just wanted to get your team hyped? lol

I get alot of bad penalties. I think the last game I played there I was thrown out for three accidental tripping penalties where the guys all stepped on my stick. Its just so frustrating when you race for the puck and collide with someone..if he falls its a penalty, but when Im skating across the neutral zone with my hand in the air, looking up to grab the flying puck, and a dude goes out of his way to put his shoulder into my gut, flipping me over completely its all in good fun and the refs let it go. One time we were changing on the fly and the puck came and hit a player on the opposing team in the foot and the ref calls too many men on us because he said I played the puck. Its just garbage calls like this that make me mad, and some of the refs will be complete *******s about it, too. They have really ****** attitudes. My friend got a 4 minute unsportsmanlike penalty for saying to a ref, "I know you have friends on the other team, but you gotta call it at least somewhat fair."
No I barreled into like 5 people, bumping and not letting them get through the neutral zone without running into a body, aka mine. I'll play a rough game but making it look like coincidental contract is an art. But then I went into the boards to get a puck and leveled the guy and got called for it. Meh, it happens.

On another note I dropped back to defense and got another penalty for slashing because I chopped out the guys legs on a slight breakaway when I was trying to poke the puck. My team gave up a bad turnover and I had to take a bad penalty. But there were only 4 penalties called all game which is low for our league, they really let us play. I hope they show up for every one of my remaining games. Still, our two penalties were because my team retaliated after a hit, which is pissing me off, because this team Knubles Power Play opportunities like it's their job.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
  #24
ArchieIsGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
Ha, I know your team. We will be playing you this season. We are the WG Snipers. Last season I joined without my own squad and was on the awesome "Team Tim" I think our only victory of the season was against you in a shootout. Thanks!
yea i remember that game...ill be looking forward to playing you again this season im #71. we can start up a friendly rivalry...

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
  #25
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
yea i remember that game...ill be looking forward to playing you again this season im #71. we can start up a friendly rivalry...
im #77, ill say whats up

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.