HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

The Player Inquiry thread...All questions here

Old
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
TradeGuy

vCash: 500
Coyotes Fastest Skaters

Who are some of the best and worse skaters on this team?

Thanks for your input

TradeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Lisin and Lombardi are the fastest skaters. And, Boedker is the overall best skater and isn't too far off from Lisin and Lombardi in straight line speed.

Then Upshall, Prucha and Turris would come in a tier below that.

Doan is a decent skater, he's just not that fast. He's got good enough technique to not hold him back too much.

Mueller and Hanzal aren't the greatest skaters but it doesn't really hurt their game too much.

Fedoruk and McGrattan are flat out horrible skaters.

That's not everybody, but it's a decent run down of the forwards.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Lisin, Lombardi, and Boedker are the top three. Yandle is probably in the mix, too.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Lisin, Lombardi, and Boedker are the top three. Yandle is probably in the mix, too.
RT makes a good point. Yandle is underrated as a skater - A lot of people don't realize how fast of a skater he is sometimes...

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
RT makes a good point. Yandle is underrated as a skater - A lot of people don't realize how fast of a skater he is sometimes...
He is, easily the best skater on D. He can rush the puck like crazy.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
Which may be because he seems to better control how fast he wants to skate. It's not always full speed with him and he darts when he needs to dart. His lateral movement is strong as well. Yandle is a really solid skater.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:25 PM
thrillhous

Hey guys, looking forward to next year, which of these guys do you see most likely to make the team and make an impact? Who would you place bets on being the best point producer long-term?

MacLean
Porter
Lisin

I must say that I have been impressed with what I have seen of MacLean. I know Lisin has wheels and put together some solid games this year. Don't know much about Porter.

Thanks!

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 02:05 AM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
Hey guys, looking forward to next year, which of these guys do you see most likely to make the team and make an impact? Who would you place bets on being the best point producer long-term?

MacLean
Porter
Lisin

I must say that I have been impressed with what I have seen of MacLean. I know Lisin has wheels and put together some solid games this year. Don't know much about Porter.

Thanks!
I think I can speak for MOST on here to say Lisin doesn't belong on the list because his roster spot should be assured. I think our GM agrees, but our current coach may not. That said I'd expect Porter to have the only chance of making the squad next year, unless we fail to bring in the veteran presence we need to take the pressure off some of the younger guys.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:12 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post

MacLean
Porter
Lisin

Thanks!
I think potential...

Lisin
MacLean
Porter

As for MacLean, care to comment on what kind of a player you think he will become? That's one prospect I'm curious to see how he pans out.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:40 AM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotes2009 View Post

I think I can speak for MOST on here to say Lisin doesn't belong on the list because his roster spot should be assured. I think our GM agrees, but our current coach may not. That said I'd expect Porter to have the only chance of making the squad next year, unless we fail to bring in the veteran presence we need to take the pressure off some of the younger guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I think potential...

Lisin
MacLean
Porter

As for MacLean, care to comment on what kind of a player you think he will become? That's one prospect I'm curious to see how he pans out.
I wasn't sure whether to include Lisin in the same boat as Porter and MacLean but from seeing Lisin in and out of the lineup all season I get the sense that he is not being handed anything, particularly since the acquisition of two more young forwards in Upshall and Lombardi.

As for what I have seen of MacLean, he has very nice hands and is quite a creative player. I think that he has a good chance of being a solid NHLer with 70 point upside. But that was from watching him in Jr.; I didn't see him this past season for the Yotes or for S.A.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote