HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tryouts

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Tryouts

I read that Francois Caron will not go back to the Q, and has signed with a team in the UHL, which is an American professional league similiar to the IHL. So we won't be signing him. Kevin Glode is back with Moncton. I assume that the Habs are going to pass on Olivier Labelle, as I was hoping they would sign him but he can be drafted next year. Petit as well.

That leaves 3 players that will be fighting for a contract. Sanford, Jolette, and Martin. On the Moncton board, several posters seem to think he won't be coming back. Jolette interests me as well, hopefully he has a good camp. Hopefully they will sign one of these guys for either depth in Hamilton or some time in the ECHL if need be.

Old
09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I read that Francois Caron will not go back to the Q, and has signed with a team in the UHL, which is an American professional league similiar to the IHL.
The UHL (United Hockey League) is on par with the ECHL, a definate step below the former IHL.

Old
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
The UHL (United Hockey League) is on par with the ECHL, a definate step below the former IHL.

I'd take an ECHL player over a UHL or CHL or SHL player, which are all pro leagues in the US. I don't follow any of these leagues though outside of the CHL, when we sent Marios, and Evan Lindsay there in the past.

Old
09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I'd take an ECHL player over a UHL or CHL or SHL player, which are all pro leagues in the US. I don't follow any of these leagues though outside of the CHL, when we sent Marios, and Evan Lindsay there in the past.
The only reason I know anything about the UHL, is Thunder Bay had a team in the league for quite a few years. Alot of the players that were in the league came from the ECHL and in many cases put up similiar numbers in the UHL. The ECHL is definately more of a development league mind you. Have no stats to back it up, but I'm sure the average age in the ECHL is more lower than the UHL, but the level of play is very close.

Closed Thread