HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn Hatred - What the hell?

Old
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
I'd rather keep Andrei than trade him for almost nothing so that he can come back and bite us in the ass by fulfilling his potential on another team.
You mean pull a 'Gainey' and trade him for a blueliner that 29 other NHL gm's wouldn't ever touch? I doubt it would turn into a Ribeiro situation, but you know... we could actually get a player in return this time?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:23 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
We passed on Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Zach Parise for AKost ... there's your justified hatred.
Yeah, well and hind site is 20/20

I'm not giving you a free pass on Corey Perry though. Virtually everybody on this board was saying Corey Perry will never make it. He'll be an AHL player at best.

I had one clown telling me he was a big wheel in hockey, "I'd be surprised if I knew who". He said Perry would not make it because of genetics.

Bottom line is every draft is pretty much a crap shoot and everybody likes to say they knew better later . . . . unless of course the guy actually does well.

Anyway in S Kosts case he was an NHL last round selection before he came over to star in the OHL. Can't moan about that pick

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
It's not about skill. AKost was head and shoulders the most talented player in the draft. It's about character. AKost, like Kovalev, can have all the talent in the world, but it he doesn't have the character or drive to consistently use that talent, you get they type of season he just had .. and will continue to have.

I believe Timmins is weak on the character evaluations.
The funny thing is when you read prospects evaluations, almost every of our pick are said to have good character. I don't know where's the problem, but I'm not sure it's Timmins's fault.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Brit123

They're both still young!Inconsistent, but that'll fix itself with time!

Brit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
French-Canadian, born and raised in Ottawa to Quebecois parents.
and I'm French-Canadian, born in Québec but raised just across the border in Ontario (near Témiscamingue, QC).

Maybe that's part of the reason why we can be both proud of our heritage and yet not as narrow-visioned as some who only know the 'motherland'.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Heske_44

The whole team stunk this year. Andrei just had more publicity with the injury/mobster stuff lingering. Not the first or last time this will happen to a player. I'm personally more concerned about Sergei.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote