HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My take on the Dogs...

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
db23

vCash: 500
My take on the Dogs...

Goal - I think it is up for grabs in training camp here between Danis, Ellis and Michaud. Best performer in camp starts the season. Second best backs up, third best sits in the stands.

Defense - Komisarek/Shasby, Archer/Daley, Cote/Plante, Carpentier/Ivanans if necessary. Could be the weak spot on the team.

Forward - Meittenen/Morgan/Ott, Milroy/Plekanec/Higgins, Ferland/Dusalbon/Larrivee, Thinel/Urquhart/Lambert, Kostitsyn/Carpentier/Ivanans.

Old
09-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Tuggy

The top end of the D isn't bad...

I am really liking Milroy to bust out this year. I remember when the Habs drafted and I thought it was a steal at the time and I think he is in store for a great year with the Dogs.

Not sure what to think about Kosts. He seems like a pretty one dimensional player from what I have read and hopefully he can work hard on his defensive game because the Habs aren't a run and gun type of team.

Old
09-20-2004, 11:19 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Dan Jancevski is also back there on 'D'.. good player (or at least he was).

Old
09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
db23

Yeah, I didn't realize that Jancevski was a 3 year AHL vet. He will almost certainly be part of the defence.

Old
09-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
Goal - I think it is up for grabs in training camp here between Danis, Ellis and Michaud. Best performer in camp starts the season. Second best backs up, third best sits in the stands.

Defense - Komisarek/Shasby, Archer/Daley, Cote/Plante, Carpentier/Ivanans if necessary. Could be the weak spot on the team.

Forward - Meittenen/Morgan/Ott, Milroy/Plekanec/Higgins, Ferland/Dusalbon/Larrivee, Thinel/Urquhart/Lambert, Kostitsyn/Carpentier/Ivanans.
I'm partial to your forwards lines, specially the Kostitsyn one. I don't care if the guy is defensively limited, he needs to play with talented players if we want to see how good is his offense.

Unless you want to test him, which wouldn't be that a bad idea... just to see if he's really the clutch player he's supposed to be.

Old
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
The top end of the D isn't bad...

I am really liking Milroy to bust out this year. I remember when the Habs drafted and I thought it was a steal at the time and I think he is in store for a great year with the Dogs.

Not sure what to think about Kosts. He seems like a pretty one dimensional player from what I have read and hopefully he can work hard on his defensive game because the Habs aren't a run and gun type of team.
Well not yet anyways..........

Things may change down the road. In fact Tampa wasen't a run and gun team untill the pst few seasons i believe. They played a trap type system for some time when developing thier young talent.

However i hope we dont turn into a Tampa type team when employing a system. I like the Sens sytem, and i hope we employ something simular one day when the talent we have is ready to be utilized.....

But then again, what the hell do i know.....................

Old
09-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Darz

I expect to see Danis grab hold of the #1 goaltender position early and have a really, really good year. I assume his signing made the moving of Garon to L.A. alot easier.

Old
09-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I expect to see Danis grab hold of the #1 goaltender position early and have a really, really good year. I assume his signing made the moving of Garon to L.A. alot easier.
Agreed, and I can't see Michaud sitting in the stands as a third goalie. He'll be farmed out.

Old
09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Goibniu
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Dan Jancevski is also back there on 'D'.. good player (or at least he was).
Dan Jancevski was an AHL all star last year and has a good chance to play with the big club when and if the season starts.
He is currently an unsigned RFA for the Stars

Old
09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Fugazi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Well not yet anyways..........

Things may change down the road. In fact Tampa wasen't a run and gun team untill the pst few seasons i believe. They played a trap type system for some time when developing thier young talent.

However i hope we dont turn into a Tampa type team when employing a system. I like the Sens sytem, and i hope we employ something simular one day when the talent we have is ready to be utilized.....

But then again, what the hell do i know.....................
The "Sens system" is probably way different now that they have a different coach, I think the habs already play last years "Sens system". I only watch the Sens when they play the Habs but from what I've seem they were either somewhat exciting or playing the most boring hockey ever. PERIOD.
I'm sure you east guys know it better than I do though.

Old
09-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi
The "Sens system" is probably way different now that they have a different coach, I think the habs already play last years "Sens system". I only watch the Sens when they play the Habs but from what I've seem they were either somewhat exciting or playing the most boring hockey ever. PERIOD.
I'm sure you east guys know it better than I do though.
Agreed, I personnally dont like the Sens system at all, I'd like us to look more at teams like Detroit and Colorado. I've never been a fan of Jacques Martin's style.

Old
09-21-2004, 03:34 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Tampa system looks more successfull than Ottawa one. ;p

Old
09-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Marchy79

The Bulldogs should be a tough team to crack this upcoming season. I like some of the kids that the Stars sent over (Daley, and Ott for sure I think can help our squad, as we can help them). IMO we really didn't need to split our farm team with another club this season, but I think Gainey did a couple of favors for his old friends in Dallas

Regardless, we are heading in to the next season in a very strong position on the farm at least... They are learning the importance of winning IMO this season. Definately there are a few on the farm that will/should become all-stars in the A this season (Higgins, Komisarek, Ott to name a few) Every position is loaded, and has a tremendous amount of depth.

What I am really hoping to see is an improved Shasby... He was getting very good in the ECHL last year, and I think he's ready to see some AHL action this upcoming season... But I wonder if the habs are going to send Dykhuis there again to start off the season, or is he going to sit out... He'd be a tremendous help in Hamilton, but I guess time will tell in his case.

Any suggestions on who should Captain this squad? I wish Gratton was still around, he was a great Captain, and a solid leader at the A level... IMO it's just as important to have some star AHL'ers lead the rookies/young guns than it is to create the oppurtunity to let the youngsters win roles with the squad.

Old
09-21-2004, 04:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
The Bulldogs should be a tough team to crack this upcoming season. I like some of the kids that the Stars sent over (Daley, and Ott for sure I think can help our squad, as we can help them). IMO we really didn't need to split our farm team with another club this season, but I think Gainey did a couple of favors for his old friends in Dallas

Regardless, we are heading in to the next season in a very strong position on the farm at least... They are learning the importance of winning IMO this season. Definately there are a few on the farm that will/should become all-stars in the A this season (Higgins, Komisarek, Ott to name a few) Every position is loaded, and has a tremendous amount of depth.

What I am really hoping to see is an improved Shasby... He was getting very good in the ECHL last year, and I think he's ready to see some AHL action this upcoming season... But I wonder if the habs are going to send Dykhuis there again to start off the season, or is he going to sit out... He'd be a tremendous help in Hamilton, but I guess time will tell in his case.

Any suggestions on who should Captain this squad? I wish Gratton was still around, he was a great Captain, and a solid leader at the A level... IMO it's just as important to have some star AHL'ers lead the rookies/young guns than it is to create the oppurtunity to let the youngsters win roles with the squad.

I don't think Dykhuis will be in Hamilton this year. With Komisarek, Cote, Archer, Plante and the 2 stars defensemen, we are pretty much set. Shasby could end up back in the ECHL or stay on as the 7th defensemen. Plus there's a chance one of the tryouts gets a contract.

As for Captin, Gavin Morgan, Komisarek, Higgins would all be good places to start. Can't wait for camp to start next week.

Old
09-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I don't think Dykhuis will be in Hamilton this year. With Komisarek, Cote, Archer, Plante and the 2 stars defensemen, we are pretty much set. Shasby could end up back in the ECHL or stay on as the 7th defensemen. Plus there's a chance one of the tryouts gets a contract.

As for Captin, Gavin Morgan, Komisarek, Higgins would all be good places to start. Can't wait for camp to start next week.
Yeah me too.. I really hope to get a few doses of Hamilton hockey made available on Sportsnet this year (if they decide to do it)... Last year they had a half dozen, I was watching them before/during habs games... I like the AHL hockey.

Those would be interesting Captains to say the least... I would vote for Komisarek, the end of last year, IMO he was really beginning to shine very strongly in Montreal... When the NHL resumes, IMO he's going to be one of the bright lights in Montreal this upcoming season. What a kid he is turning out to be...

Closed Thread