HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RED FISHER: Fans had reason to show displeasure with Price's playoff performance

Old
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Miracles? How about just plain old being solid? Maybe stoning the Bruins on at least one "TSN turning point" opportunity...y'know...like Thomas did regularly...or Luongo, or Lunquvist, or 'Bulin or....

Yeah, great way to show 'pride'. Being a 21 yr old that hasn't proven a dam thing and mocking the fans that pay your sorry butt. Yeah, that shows 'pride'. How about showing some humility, grace and dignity and understanding of the fans' frustration rather than acting like a childish idiot? He sure had no problem accepting the cheers and the Molson 3 star awards when he earned those...he should accept the boos that he earned just as well.
Yeah, right. He "earned" the boos. So by not miraculously stealing a game, he earned the boos. That's so weird because I don't remember hearing Steve Mason get booed in Columbus when they got swept, or Chris Mason get booed in St. Louis when they got swept. Did they not earn it as well?

Or could it be that the majority of our fanbase is made up of a bunch of know-nothing, mouth-breathing, 110%-absorbing, $10 beer-swilling idiots? Well, you can guess what my opinion is I suppose.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Capitano

Taking a step back, I'm sure Price could have played better, BUT he is certainly NOT the reason we lost this series.

I saw a very disorganized team on the ice that had no clue what they were supposed to do to :

a) put the puck in their net

b) keep it out of ours

c) throwing wrenches into the Bruins' plans

For this I blame the coaches. After reading all the press reports after the season ended, it was obvious that the expectations placed upon our team were unrealistic. Once Gainey took over, our goal was to make the playoffs - that's it. We had no gameplan to compete with Boston, and we certainly didn't support Price well enough at all.

I agree with Schooner Guy, if Price had played for the Bruins and we had Thomas, we would have lost in 4 straight very easily. For Fisher to support the way Thomas played in that series was pretty laughable, because he was by FAR Boston's worst player.

Fans can boo if they want, and Price took the brunt of it and that wasn't fair - that's what should be written imo.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Ginu

Fisher is an idiot. He's as bad as Guy Lafleur.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Miracles? How about just plain old being solid? Maybe stoning the Bruins on at least one "TSN turning point" opportunity...y'know...like Thomas did regularly...or Luongo, or Lunquvist, or 'Bulin or....

Yeah, great way to show 'pride'. Being a 21 yr old that hasn't proven a dam thing and mocking the fans that pay your sorry butt. Yeah, that shows 'pride'. How about showing some humility, grace and dignity and understanding of the fans' frustration rather than acting like a childish idiot? He sure had no problem accepting the cheers and the Molson 3 star awards when he earned those...he should accept the boos that he earned just as well.
I believe that Lundqvist has been pulled the last two games in the series. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Price shouldn't have mocked the fans, but the original boos weren't warranted. We have a lot of dumbasses in our fan base. They'd probably go hide in the corner if they were in Price's situation at his age.

Old
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Capitano

Quote:

Thomas was barely tested at all in that series. We never sustained any offensive pressure at all, and our PP and PK were useless.

No system. No gameplan. No depth, etc.

To blame Price just isn't fair. I was hoping for a miracle with Price, but to expect a miracle and then boo him when it doesn't happen isn't fair.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Thomas was barely tested at all in that series. We never sustained any offensive pressure at all, and our PP and PK were useless.

No system. No gameplan. No depth, etc.

To blame Price just isn't fair. I was hoping for a miracle with Price, but to expect a miracle and then boo him when it doesn't happen isn't fair.
Amen.

Old
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Huh? I just said the total opposite
you said "player X doesn't care about you as a fan"

To know what he cares about wouldn't YOU have to know what is "in their head"

I'd say you have no idea what they are thinking except I would contradict myself just as you did

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:14 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Yeah, I agree. I mentioned earlier that singling out Price wasn't fair given that the team as a whole was struggling against a superior team.

Just think that to generalize and say no fans should ever boo is a bit of a stretch.
Never boo? Never said that.

If some fans want to boo a lousy power play effort, or something else along that line, go for it. I don't, but if other fans want to, I don't care.

I'm of the mind that singling out any one person (most of the time) is simply counter-productive. Especially if you lose a series. It just doesn't work that way. No ONE guy can lose a series

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by habbie67 View Post
So you are saying that the only weak point in our team was our goaltending? that on offense, defence, special teams, and coaching the habs and bruins were equal?
what i saw this whole series was perfect plays by the Bruins that would have beaten the best goalies.. no matter what age they are
i saw a bruins team go into every 3rd period with the lead and play the perfect 3rd period to shut down a team.. remember game 3? we were just too tired.. nothing price could do..
Is that what you read?

The main thrust of Red's article is correct - the fans reaction to Price was justified.
Nobody said that other players don't share blame or that he was alone but his play was not playoff calibre in the least and he heard about it.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post

Of course we had a right to boo Price. He didn't make any progress this season what-so-ever!! He went back a few steps if anything.

I expected him to learn from his mistakes last season and be much better this season, but it just didn't happen. In fact, he got worse. He let the fans and the media bother him and get under his skin.

The sarcastic "Roy-like wave" when he made a routine save showed how bothered he was by the fans.

I was very disappointed with Price's play this season. Halak stepped up and played great when he was called upon.....its nice to know that we have a #1 goalie sitting on the bench incase Price decides to take another step backward next season.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Red Fisher should **** on off.
Old fart needs to stop spreading the hate

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote