HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mtl media admitted to be seen by NHL players as "une Joke"/Gong Show/Animals

Old
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
For me, the "average fan" is not the one who calls radio call-ins. Because if so, that's an awful small sample size. What is it, 1%, 2%, 10% of fans call in? Now we're getting somewhere. From "The media dictate what people think" to "the media might dictate what 10 % of the fans think". Let's keep on going like this, pretty soon, we'll be at 1%. My "few galoots".
That's your own presumption.

I rather take a sample close to home. In all the people I know personaly in my life who like the Habs and follow the Habs closely, more than half of them repeat the same non-sense that I hear in the media. So that's more than 50%. My own sister repeats what her boyfriend says, she can't even counter-argue when I show her how wrong a certain argument is, that's because everything she says is based on what her boyfriend says, and her boyfriend, I play hockey with him, talk to him a lot, and he always repeats what he hears from Jean-Charles Lajoie, word for word. And a lot are like this. 3 out of my 4 cousins. More than half of my friends. My father. 4 out of my 5 uncles who do follow the Habs.

So when I say A LOT, its because I do see A LOT of them doing just that.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Have fun arguing semantics by yourself. You're still playing dumb.

Read KrissE's quote, that should suffice.
It's not semantics, Ozy, it's making a point. You are arguing that the media dictate what people think, but you have zero facts to back it up. I'm arguing that the media's influence is grossly overestimated.

BTW, i liked this quote : "We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

I find that that applies far more widely than just for journalism.

Last edited by Gros Bill: 04-28-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Joe Cole

Here is an idea you should all ponder...

Does listening to the radio stations and ewatching rds/tds/src, or reading any local newspaper add to your enjoyment of professional hockey.

Have you ever learned anything from them? I know I have not.

If not, I suggest that you do not listen or read ANY locally produced news on the Habs, or hockey in general.

Problem solved. Now you can enjoy pro hockey once again.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
A damn shame he never agreed to coming here.
His list of opponents hasn't been impressive since Hunt.

Even then, his last true competition was CroCop.

Hunt was good, but everybody knew he had no chance. Likewise for Lindland.
Outside these two, you have Choi, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, Martins.

That's all the guys he fought since Mirko..
Not very impressive. I would have liked to see him face Couture during his prime. Right now, if Lesnar can goes through Mir easily, I wish for a Fedor vs Brock fight, although I highly doubt this will happen.

Anyways..I got carried away...way off subject
You have to remember that Fedor had beaten Nogeira 2 times in dominating fashion( UFC champion ), Sylvia decisively ( UFC champion ), Arlovski ( UFC champion ).

People will always say that Fedor will never be a true champion until he fights the best. Unfortunately everyone seems to think that the UFC has the best HW's but i don't think so. Brock lesner was barely beating a 43 year old Courture before the one decisive punch and he only has a 2-1 record at that. Thats very weak for a UFC champion. Mir has been a shadow of himself until his fluke win over lesner with the leg lock, and his record also speaks for himself. Who else is left after those 2? Carwin? Kongo? Gonzaga?

Fedor has fought and beaten the best.

Fedor's next biggest possible challenge will be Barnett. Although i'd grudgingly like to see fedor vs Andrei 2.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
It's not semantics, Ozy, it's making a point. You are arguing that the media dictate what people think, but you have zero facts to back it up. I'm arguing that the media's influence is grossly overestimated.
You haven't watched RDS and 110% in the last 1-2 months?

Everytime they do interview/surveys among the population waiting to enter the Bell Center, you always hear "let's get rid of Koivu" and when they add arguments to this, it is clear they are repeating what they heard from Tremblay or Lajoie. Although RDS and TQS are making a good job of editing and putting all the ones who have this opinion, but the fact that they don't have a hard time to find them should be an indication that it is not grossly overestimated. It is rampant.

I like that quote too, and to think it all got even worst when the bankers got their way in the US after 1913. It then became a society where not only journalism was like that, like you said.

Old
04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Just out of curiosity do you live in or around Montreal?

I got a decent example for you, my mother. She played 10 to 15 year of hockey during her teens and early twenties (until she had me lol). Her linesmate was France St. Louis (for those who don't know she's female hockey icon) and she regularly had 50 goal seasons. Also appeared in the newspapers back in those days (no mean feat as there was very very little media coverage, an article a year tops). So she was a pretty good player. Sunday we were discussing the team and she told me the reason Price was gone back in January was because he was in rehab. Now I wonder where she heard that.

Now my mother has a very strong personality. So despite me telling her that story doesn't make much sense, she'll ignore me since, like she said, "The media have been working in the industry for 15-25 years. You are arrogant to think that you are right and that they are wrong."

So she continues spewing forth the crap she hears on the radio. Now her friends don't even listen to the radio, so they end up believing what they hear from their friends. They might not believe everything, but they'll believe a few things unless they decide to do some research (which most people are adverse to doing).

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

Does listening to the radio stations and ewatching rds/tds/src, or reading any local newspaper add to your enjoyment of professional hockey.

If not, I suggest that you do not listen or read ANY locally produced news on the Habs, or hockey in general.

Dude.. you don't even know what the topic of discussion was about..

It's not about the fans.. it's about the NHL players' perception of the media in Montreal and their willingness to come play here affected by it.

Last edited by la25ecoupe: 04-28-2009 at 04:56 PM.
la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 04:32 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

Problem is.. if no (great) players wants to come play here.. then we'll only enjoy other team's success..

Old
04-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Dude.. you don't even know what the topic of discussion is about..

It's not about the fans.. it's about the NHL players' perception of the media in Montreal and their willingness to come play here affected by it.
Dude, if you stopped navel gazing you would realize that all of this strife is caused by your addiction to Montreal media.

So back off.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
So after arguing that the media dictate what people think, you're now saying they don't. Or maybe everyone except you. Not you, of course not. Only the others. What a crock.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Pompous maybe, but I don't consider myself the average fan. Nobody at this website is the average fan. The average fan doesn't follow the draft the way we do. They don't follow the NHL as a whole the way we do. They don't understand the cap and free agency and every detail of every aspect of the league, the way we do. You're beyond naive if you can't see that for yourself. Look at any barroom discussion that comes up about this team and it'd hit you in the face.

Quote:
For me, the "average fan" is not the one who calls radio call-ins. Because if so, that's an awful small sample size. What is it, 1%, 2%, 10% of fans call in? Now we're getting somewhere. From "The media dictate what people think" to "the media might dictate what 10 % of the fans think". Let's keep on going like this, pretty soon, we'll be at 1%. My "few galoots".
The only reason these radio shows exist is because they cater to the "average fan". Not all of them call in, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. And they ARE the majority. Again, you're in denial if you can't see that for yourself.

Quote:
That's your own presumption.

I rather take a sample close to home. In all the people I know personaly in my life who like the Habs and follow the Habs closely, more than half of them repeat the same non-sense that I hear in the media. So that's more than 50%. My own sister repeats what her boyfriend says, she can't even counter-argue when I show her how wrong a certain argument is, that's because everything she says is based on what her boyfriend says, and her boyfriend, I play hockey with him, talk to him a lot, and he always repeats what he hears from Jean-Charles Lajoie, word for word. And a lot are like this. 3 out of my 4 cousins. More than half of my friends. My father. 4 out of my 5 uncles who do follow the Habs.

So when I say A LOT, its because I do see A LOT of them doing just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Just out of curiosity do you live in or around Montreal?

I got a decent example for you, my mother. She played 10 to 15 year of hockey during her teens and early twenties (until she had me lol). Her linesmate was France St. Louis (for those who don't know she's female hockey icon) and she regularly had 50 goal seasons. Also appeared in the newspapers back in those days (no mean feat as there was very very little media coverage, an article a year tops). So she was a pretty good player. Sunday we were discussing the team and she told me the reason Price was gone back in January was because he was in rehab. Now I wonder where she heard that.

Now my mother has a very strong personality. So despite me telling her that story doesn't make much sense, she'll ignore me since, like she said, "The media have been working in the industry for 15-25 years. You are arrogant to think that you are right and that they are wrong."

So she continues spewing forth the crap she hears on the radio. Now her friends don't even listen to the radio, so they end up believing what they hear from their friends. They might not believe everything, but they'll believe a few things unless they decide to do some research (which most people are adverse to doing).
That's not good enough for Gros Bill. It's just anecdotal evidence. Even though every person on this website has their own version of what you both said.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
You have to remember that Fedor had beaten Nogeira 2 times in dominating fashion( UFC champion ), Sylvia decisively ( UFC champion ), Arlovski ( UFC champion ).

People will always say that Fedor will never be a true champion until he fights the best. Unfortunately everyone seems to think that the UFC has the best HW's but i don't think so. Brock lesner was barely beating a 43 year old Courture before the one decisive punch and he only has a 2-1 record at that. Thats very weak for a UFC champion. Mir has been a shadow of himself until his fluke win over lesner with the leg lock, and his record also speaks for himself. Who else is left after those 2? Carwin? Kongo? Gonzaga?

Fedor has fought and beaten the best.

Fedor's next biggest possible challenge will be Barnett. Although i'd grudgingly like to see fedor vs Andrei 2.
I never said Fedor wasn't a true Champ. He was the best no doubt.
But over the past 2-3years, he hasn't been fighting the top contenders in his division.

The UFC's HW division was extremely weak for a number of years.
Sylvia benefited from it greatly, and so did Arlovski.
Andrei had so much potential until the Fame got to him and he changed his style.

If Fedor would have lost to either one of them, he'd have lost a ton of popularity because neither of those fighters are truly at the top of their division.

I wasn't suggesting in the least that Brock is a top HW. I actually think he has a lot to learn and if it wasn't for his abnormal size, he wouldn't even make it to preliminary fights.

Outside of Lesnar, all of the HWs are over the hill.
Mir, BigNog, Sylvia, Arlovski, even Barnett and Hunt.
Kongo has a lot of flaws in his game, but good potential. Gonzaga is just bad. Couture is 40ish
I don't think the HWs are that good really, and that's why I'm saying it's a shame we didn't get to see Fedor in his prime fight the rest of these fighters in their prime.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Ya know RDS, CKAC, Team 990 should all be spoken to by Bob or something and warned that they are walking on thin ice from being banished for a whole season from the locker room. The Media is a joke, and if need be the Team can forbid the entry of said journalists.
many players have said that the bad journalists are not the ones going in the locker room but the ones hiding behind a microphone or a newspaper. It's the cowards who wouldn't dare confronting directly a player who make these comments.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
number 11

of course the media is a huge influence on our fans. look at how many people boo'd the kostitsyns and hamrlik after the ''darkest day in habs history''. look how many people boo koivu when he hasn't gotten a point in 3-4 games and rds is running articles questioning his leadership every day. i hear the same **** in the halls in the bell centre as i do coming from 110% and antichambre.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Of all the posts I've read on this thread (a VERY interesting one, finally), there's only one guy who got it right: don't blame the media; blame us, the fans.

We are the ones who come on forums like this one to get our daily fix on the Habs. We are the ones who crave ANY tidbit of news, official or not, about the Habs. We are the ones who go nuts when there are trade rumors, draft rumors, etc.

The media gets into it because of us. Nobody else. They would talk 24 hours a day about tennis if tennis was the biggest thing in the province. They would talk 24 hours a day about lawn bowling if it was the biggest ticket in town. But it's the Habs (not even hockey). Serge Savard told me this one day: "This province is not hockey crazy; it's Habs crazy." Big difference.

The Organisation did its best to promote ad nauseam the team. With great success. But on the other side, it got us fans stark mad about the team. So, last season was a reflection on the way us fans act and react. Plain and simple.

The media doesn't force me to watch l'Anti-Chambre. I watch it because it interests me. Big difference, and a difference that some here can't seem to grasp.

All this talk about restraining media people won't get you anywhere. And the Habs organisation won't do it, because they love being the main attraction. From the 45 M $ in profit the team made last year, a large portion of that came from that great passion this province and us fans have for le Club de hockey Canadien inc.

Do I agree that there should be code of conduct for the media? Sure. But you must realize that the problems don't come from the beat writers. They are usually very close to the players and less prone to reveal inside info. It's more the rest of the jungle. The only thing I would suggest to the organisation is to limit the number of press passes to two (excluding photographers) per media. That's about it.
As much as we thirst for news (not necessarily gossip, somewhat of a 21st century version of "news"), we would much rather hear good things. I tune in to find our if there is something positive going on or if there IS something noteworthy that has affected the team or a player, what are we doing to fix it. I do NOT want what they give me.

How are people going to boycott the newspapers? Can you only boycott the sports section? How does Antichambre get it's ratings separated from the game that preceded it? It is going to take a public lashing of the media for them to get shut down. Other teams don't have to deal with it, but it doesn't mean they aren't more or less gossipy -- they are just lucky they have journalists who if anything are homers. Seems we are suffering from a swine flu of a different kind. I wish there was some political action we could take to rid ourselves of the propagandist pig-like behaviour.

oh...and please...please fire PJ Stock. Just do it. Team 990 will still be around. Just tell him to move to Boston, we don't want him anymore.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Besides a media deposit to the team, we should also start a watchdog group. Some of us live close to downtown, work in downtown bars and clubs and restaurants. We should gather files on our journalists and put it on a sticky thread. Put the link to that thread on numerous sites, like facebook. I can see it happening. The bidaily series of photos of Réjaune Tremblay eating free lunches at restaurants. The photos of some pundit giving money to an escort. Gagnon partying away. It would be epic. A taste of their own medicine.
you guys have the right idea. THIS is the type of movement that we can take part in that will actually help us, as fans, bring back glory to this city (being totally serious).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:34 AM
CPrice

Just read through this whole thread, and am so glad I don't live in Montreal to hear the BS that the media spews on a daily basis. However, if stories are big enough they spew across Canada no matter how accurate the story is. For example, the "darkest day in Habs history" was all over the news here and the basically regurgitated what they had learned from the Montreal media. Now this is getting off topic, but saying this I do believe many players don't want to play in Montreal because they realize the pressures that go along with it. Tanguay although he did eventually agree to come here said he would never play in Montreal because of the pressure so I'm sure other players think the same but follow through with it.

As for the analogy that has been debated for the last couple pages, I think its a good one that is clearly not on the same scale but similar principles can be applied. Also if you don't think the majority of people are influenced by the sports media you are very wrong. Like Ozy who gave some examples, mine are very similar with friends and family essentially regurgitating what they heard on the news about the Canadiens regardless of how much merit it had. The media should not be underestimated, it is one of the strongest tools in influencing peoples opinions.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Of all the posts I've read on this thread (a VERY interesting one, finally), there's only one guy who got it right: don't blame the media; blame us, the fans.

We are the ones who come on forums like this one to get our daily fix on the Habs. We are the ones who crave ANY tidbit of news, official or not, about the Habs. We are the ones who go nuts when there are trade rumors, draft rumors, etc.

The media gets into it because of us. Nobody else. They would talk 24 hours a day about tennis if tennis was the biggest thing in the province. They would talk 24 hours a day about lawn bowling if it was the biggest ticket in town. But it's the Habs (not even hockey). Serge Savard told me this one day: "This province is not hockey crazy; it's Habs crazy." Big difference.

The Organisation did its best to promote ad nauseam the team. With great success. But on the other side, it got us fans stark mad about the team. So, last season was a reflection on the way us fans act and react. Plain and simple.

The media doesn't force me to watch l'Anti-Chambre. I watch it because it interests me. Big difference, and a difference that some here can't seem to grasp.

All this talk about restraining media people won't get you anywhere. And the Habs organisation won't do it, because they love being the main attraction. From the 45 M $ in profit the team made last year, a large portion of that came from that great passion this province and us fans have for le Club de hockey Canadien inc.

Do I agree that there should be code of conduct for the media? Sure. But you must realize that the problems don't come from the beat writers. They are usually very close to the players and less prone to reveal inside info. It's more the rest of the jungle. The only thing I would suggest to the organisation is to limit the number of press passes to two (excluding photographers) per media. That's about it.
I am a rabid Habs fan and I could care less about what Higgins, Price and the Kost Brothers do in their private time. I don't need to be all up in Higgin's face and asking the Kostitsyn's questions about if they would prefer being in Russia if they aren't playing well.

I am a rabid Habs fan, I would love for RDS/TQS and CKAC to do weekly stories on Habs prospects... we have enough for them to cover all of them for the whole year. Imagine how much more useful this would be for the average fan?

How about comparing teams 08-09 to 98-99? 10 years see how much things have changed?

Stop blaming me the freaking fan and the entertained because these "Professional" journalists aren't able / and or do not possess the minimum amount of creativity required to do their work (or any ethics either)

I'm sick and flipping tired of hearing ppl blame the fans because the Media is stupid, Bergeron, Villeneuve, Fournier etc are twice my age, let's cut the bullcrap and call a spade a spade

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Just read through this whole thread, and am so glad I don't live in Montreal to hear the BS that the media spews on a daily basis. However, if stories are big enough they spew across Canada no matter how accurate the story is. For example, the "darkest day in Habs history" was all over the news here and the basically regurgitated what they had learned from the Montreal media. Now this is getting off topic, but saying this I do believe many players don't want to play in Montreal because they realize the pressures that go along with it. Tanguay although he did eventually agree to come here said he would never play in Montreal because of the pressure so I'm sure other players think the same but follow through with it.

As for the analogy that has been debated for the last couple pages, I think its a good one that is clearly not on the same scale but similar principles can be applied. Also if you don't think the majority of people are influenced by the sports media you are very wrong. Like Ozy who gave some examples, mine are very similar with friends and family essentially regurgitating what they heard on the news about the Canadiens regardless of how much merit it had. The media should not be underestimated, it is one of the strongest tools in influencing peoples opinions.
Tanguay's just being careful about how he leaves (if he leaves) because he doesn't want to have to deal with Brière level hatred... and Brière didn't even play for us.

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Interesting that they said most players watch the shows as entertainment but they wouldn't want to come here anyway. They look at it as circus and they're having a ball watching as long as they're not part of it!

Also the whole thing doesn't help with the fact that the Habs fans only want to hear about the Habs, they don't want to talk about anything else. So these guys like CKAC, TQS, etc...almost have to invent things to keep things going, to keep the fans interested. And with things like La Zone and L'Anti-Chambre joining the frey in the last two years, it's even more competition and the media has to find even more things to attract the viewers.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 04:46 AM
the jpageman

Hes the worse...
I hate him hes one the one s who started the Lecavalier to mtl crap.
He was actually in Tampa to get the first interview out of him

the jpageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Actually, you're very ON topic..

If you listened to the 20 min. audio file, they did mention Tanguay's situation this end of season.

This part was actually referencing to Tanguay..

Quote:
Toujours selon Lavoie, quelconque joueur autonome, il y a un an, aurait peut-être pu vouloir tenter l'expérience de jouer avec le Canadien mais « avec ce qui s'est passé avec le Canadien cette année, s'il y a un joueur autonome qui sort cette phrase-là, c'est qu'il est désespéré. »

Old
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Well, Berrgeron does look like a koala.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

for everybody who says it is ok for the media to act they way they do because it sells and that is their job, I ask you this: would you rather be known as somebody who produces an admirable body of work and be held in high esteem by your colleagues, or would you rather be the loudest, most visible worker? Let me rephrase the question. Do you see more merit in a film like Schindler's List, or Twilight?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Etienne

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?? Hypocrisy at its best
Quote:
Hier, CKAC a organisé une petite table ronde - toute petite, la table - pour discuter des médias et du Canadien. Mon vétéran confrère Pierre Durocher vit un très difficile lock-out et je comprends sa frustration. Par contre, j'ai de plus importantes réserves sur les propos de Renaud Lavoie, de RDS.

Mais ce qui ressort de ces discussions, c'est la confusion totale qui baigne dans le merveilleux monde des médias et du Canadien. Et je comprends très bien les partisans et les autres d'être complètement mêlés dans ces histoires.

Au fait, qui donc est un journaliste professionnel dans toute cette panoplie de cheerleaders à qui on donne un kodak (deux k dans le même mot!) ou un micro? C'est quoi exactement le statut professionnel de Joël Bouchard? De Jacques Demers? De Michel Bergeron et de tous ces Michel Langevin qui inondent les ondes? Quel est l'encadrement journalistique qu'on leur fournit? Qui fait la distinction entre les cancans, les bobards, les rumeurs et les vraies nouvelles?

Pour un Marc Antoine Godin qui enquête, qui pose des questions, qui vérifie et qui livre un article bien structuré et bien étayé aux lecteurs, combien de cheerleaders font la job de béatification des Glorieux en se faisant passer pour des professionnels de l'information? En se faisant passer pour quoi au juste?

Comment voulez-vous que les partisans et les gens ne soient pas mêlés? Qu'il ne règne pas une confusion absolue chez le partisan et le grand public?

Je donne un exemple. Je suis comme vous. J'ai reçu des courriels concernant Carey Price et Chris Higgins. J'ai reçu de nouvelles photos de nos lascars. Idem pour les Kostitsyn. J'ai rencontré des informateurs qui m'avaient appelé pour me dire qu'ils avaient des choses à raconter. J'ai rencontré un policier qui m'a refilé des informations.

Des gens se demandent comment il se fait «que les journalistes cachent des affaires» ? Les journalistes ne cachent pas des affaires, les journalistes cherchent à vérifier les mille rumeurs qui courent en ville. En plus, les journalistes, les vrais, ceux qui travaillent dans un organe de presse sérieux, tentent de vérifier quels sont les éléments d'information qui sont publics. Si on prétend qu'une fille a été maltraitée par un joueur mais qu'elle n'a pas porté plainte, si la police n'est pas intervenue, alors ça reste une rumeur. Si on est capable de me fournir un rapport d'intervention de la police, alors ça devient public et on peut informer les lecteurs. Mais faudrait que mon ami de la police me rappelle aujourd'hui, on se comprend?

Et puis, tout change terriblement vite. Avec internet, il est difficile de vérifier et de revérifier une info. Il faut aller vite, il faut être le premier. Et une fois qu'une nouvelle se retrouve sur un site crédible, la compétition s'en empare et une tempête peut balayer l'organisation ou la province en moins de temps qu'il n'en faut pour écrire «krasse».

Comme en plus, le fefan est incapable de lire vraiment ce qu'on écrit parce que le prisme de sa passion est trop déformant, il ne faut pas se surprendre des proportions débiles que peut prendre le moindre cancan.

Mais que le talifan ne s'emporte pas. Toutes ces outrances ne servent qu'à remplir le Centre Bell et à vendre encore plus de guenilles. À part ceux qui rêvent d'une information juste et vraie, tout le monde y gagne dans ces histoires. Des culs dans les sièges du Centre Bell, des cotes d'écoute formidables pour le réseau partenaire, des journaux et des revues vendus aux curieux et aux fans et des millions pour ceux qui sont à l'origine de tout ça.
Réjaune, of course.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?? Hypocrisy at its best

Réjaune, of course.
Thanks Etienne... I'll take a dig at this....

Quote:
Hier, CKAC a organisé une petite table ronde - toute petite, la table - pour discuter des médias et du Canadien. Mon vétéran confrère Pierre Durocher vit un très difficile lock-out et je comprends sa frustration. Par contre, j'ai de plus importantes réserves sur les propos de Renaud Lavoie, de RDS.

Mais ce qui ressort de ces discussions, c'est la confusion totale qui baigne dans le merveilleux monde des médias et du Canadien. Et je comprends très bien les partisans et les autres d'être complètement mêlés dans ces histoires.

Au fait, qui donc est un journaliste professionnel dans toute cette panoplie de cheerleaders à qui on donne un kodak (deux k dans le même mot!) ou un micro? C'est quoi exactement le statut professionnel de Joël Bouchard? De Jacques Demers? De Michel Bergeron et de tous ces Michel Langevin qui inondent les ondes? Quel est l'encadrement journalistique qu'on leur fournit? Qui fait la distinction entre les cancans, les bobards, les rumeurs et les vraies nouvelles?

It's funny how he thinks that the only ones who are unprofessional are the ones who have a contract with the Habs through the company they are working for. What about all those journalist who do not have a shred of integrity and will dig as much as possible to find dirt, because they have an agenda to take revenge on Gainey for closing the door to journalist and not giving them as much fodder as they used to have, or just plainly to get ahead in the biz? Yes, the hypocrisy is amazing, especially coming from a guy who always ommits facts that don't support his rant, and doesn't even check for facts like how the Habs acquired Lang and Tanguay. Screams because the Habs didn't sign Riendeau, yet ommits to talk about Desharnais, Beauregard, Desjardins and all the others the Habs have signed out of the Q in the last few years. And then 3 weeks later doesn't mention the Labbé signing.

Quote:
Pour un Marc Antoine Godin qui enquête, qui pose des questions, qui vérifie et qui livre un article bien structuré et bien étayé aux lecteurs, combien de cheerleaders font la job de béatification des Glorieux en se faisant passer pour des professionnels de l'information? En se faisant passer pour quoi au juste?

Oh really? Yet Godin ommited to mention in his article about the all-star ballot that Kovalev was the 8th best pointer in 2007-2008 in the east, something worth going to the ASG, as the ballot is based on the previous season (something he also ommited to say), yet Godin joined me by phone when he left his email on the boards because he wanted some folks to talk about the voting, and I told him these facts, yet didn't mention them.

Quote:
Comment voulez-vous que les partisans et les gens ne soient pas mêlés? Qu'il ne règne pas une confusion absolue chez le partisan et le grand public?

What he's actually saying, is that if you don't **** on the Habs, you're not a real journalist. What he's saying is that he'd wish everybody would be **** on the Habs. Also, regarding fact checking, I guess he doesn't watch l'antichambre (and is probably dissed because they didn't want him on the show, I wouldn't be surprised), because they DO **** on the Habs a lot.

Quote:
Je donne un exemple. Je suis comme vous. J'ai reçu des courriels concernant Carey Price et Chris Higgins. J'ai reçu de nouvelles photos de nos lascars. Idem pour les Kostitsyn. J'ai rencontré des informateurs qui m'avaient appelé pour me dire qu'ils avaient des choses à raconter. J'ai rencontré un policier qui m'a refilé des informations.

Des gens se demandent comment il se fait «que les journalistes cachent des affaires» ? Les journalistes ne cachent pas des affaires, les journalistes cherchent à vérifier les mille rumeurs qui courent en ville. En plus, les journalistes, les vrais, ceux qui travaillent dans un organe de presse sérieux, tentent de vérifier quels sont les éléments d'information qui sont publics. Si on prétend qu'une fille a été maltraitée par un joueur mais qu'elle n'a pas porté plainte, si la police n'est pas intervenue, alors ça reste une rumeur. Si on est capable de me fournir un rapport d'intervention de la police, alors ça devient public et on peut informer les lecteurs. Mais faudrait que mon ami de la police me rappelle aujourd'hui, on se comprend?

WHo HEFFIN cares Réjaune??? This is not politics. You are not the 4th estate. You are a SPORTS collumnist. You,re supposed to concentrate on SPORTS, not on sensationalistic crap to get more ratings. But yeah, we see where you are coming from, your true goal. Are journalists professional when they are self-serving, when their only goal is revenge and profits???

Quote:
Et puis, tout change terriblement vite. Avec internet, il est difficile de vérifier et de revérifier une info. Il faut aller vite, il faut être le premier. Et une fois qu'une nouvelle se retrouve sur un site crédible, la compétition s'en empare et une tempête peut balayer l'organisation ou la province en moins de temps qu'il n'en faut pour écrire «krasse».

Well, it seems it is too quick for you. Actually, the internet is a good place to verify such facts as who the Habs signed from the Q in the last several years, and how Lang and Schneider were acquired. You might want to look into that.

Quote:
Comme en plus, le fefan est incapable de lire vraiment ce qu'on écrit parce que le prisme de sa passion est trop déformant, il ne faut pas se surprendre des proportions débiles que peut prendre le moindre cancan.

Well you are as worst as the fafan you hate, as your diatribe is fully fueled by your hatred of what Gainey has done to your 'priviledges'. Hate and love are both state of passions, they both render a person blind to the facts. The real thing that drives the "proportions débiles que peut prendre les cancans" is that most in your profession are more concerned with ratings and will bite on anything, will publish anything, truth or not (as seen by your own articles). Yet again, its the fans fault. Or the Habs fault. The media is clean and righteous. Yeah, that's hypocrisy for you.

Quote:
Mais que le talifan ne s'emporte pas. Toutes ces outrances ne servent qu'à remplir le Centre Bell et à vendre encore plus de guenilles. À part ceux qui rêvent d'une information juste et vraie, tout le monde y gagne dans ces histoires. Des culs dans les sièges du Centre Bell, des cotes d'écoute formidables pour le réseau partenaire, des journaux et des revues vendus aux curieux et aux fans et des millions pour ceux qui sont à l'origine de tout ça.

So its okay for journalists to profit from the Habs, but its not OK for a sports franchise that went through terrible straits financially to finally make a buck? Hmmm, we should ask the average fan of what he thinks of all the free meals you're getting at restaurants, mainly because you had the priviledge to talk directly to players and coaches in the past, ask them what they think of a guy who makes bucks out of something he constantly **** on every single day, and doing it with absolute disdain for the truth and reality, compared to them who have to scrape and work hard to make their bucks? It is their choice to go to the Habs games. And once again, you show how little respect you have for BOTH the entities that give you your daily bread, the fans and the team. I think someone here has their priorities mixed up.