HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Beauchemin

Old
04-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Beauchemin

If Komisarek wants more than he's worth, which is tops 3.75 M/year (see Robyn Regher's contract), Beauchemin should be our no.1 priority. Heck, I would take him regardless. If anyone thinks tying up too much money in d-men is a problem, just take a look at the anaheim ducks. They have 5 D who have good first passes, great shots, can play the PP, and who are for the most part quite good on D. They, and 1 scoring line, are the primary reason why the ducks dominated the sharks. Hiller was great, but man the Sharks had so much trouble offensively, and that was due mostly to how quickly Anaheim got the puck out of their own zone, usually with a stick to stick pass. I'm a believer that the offence and Price will itself out once a solid defence is in place. Unless your names are crosby, malkin or ovechkin, everything has to start in the back-end. Its as simple as that.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:46 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Carey Price is our franchise players and one way to help him its to have the best group of defensemen we can have

we can't have enough good d-man on this team

so even if komi re-sign with the team (3,5 year MAX) i will target Beauchemin anyway

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Has there been any indication that he would sign here, or that he won't re-sign with the Ducks (if I were him I'd stay with the Ducks) but I wouldn't mind getting him over here, hey he owes us, we drafted and developed him and if it wasn't for that snake who's no longer employed as a GM, he would likely still be with the Habs.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
vaya

it doesn't help that the ducks are heading into the 2nd round... had they missed the playoffs we might have had a better chance getting him. still, i'd give beauchemin a very generous offer, especially if it becomes clear that komi is testing the market.

vaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

exactly my point. you can have a ton of talent up front, but if no one is feeding them the puck, they're not as useful. For much of the year, the only consistent puck moving d-man we had was Markov. imagine if we had 1-2 more guys like him...

Old
04-28-2009, 12:56 PM
smon

I think the prospects of re-signing Komisarek are probably 50-50 at best. He hasn't made any comments other than saying that it isn't in his hands, presumbaly leaving it to his agent, Matt Keator, who is notorious for pushing his clients to UFA status.

Beauchemin is actually a fairly good defenseman, and I think anyone would love to have him back with Montreal. At which price though, that's the question.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaya View Post
it doesn't help that the ducks are heading into the 2nd round... had they missed the playoffs we might have had a better chance getting him. still, i'd give beauchemin a very generous offer, especially if it becomes clear that komi is testing the market.
Yeah that's the only rub. Or only hope is that they consider sacrificing a portion of their defence for offence in the free agent market. Something that makes sense to me, though it hurts me to say it, is to offer the rights of koivu for the rights to beauchemin. Anaheim desperately needs a second line center, and he would perfectly complement selanne. Our offense might suffer at first, but i think our young guys who struggled this year would improve with a better core of D-guys behind them.

Old
04-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Kriss E

I'd take JayBo before Beauchemin, but I'd definitely go after one of them even if we sign Komi.

Markov Komi
Jaybo Hamrlik
Gorges Dandy( or maybe even Schneider depending how much he asks)

The only downside is that we'd lack right handed Dman.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Has there been any indication that he would sign here, or that he won't re-sign with the Ducks (if I were him I'd stay with the Ducks) but I wouldn't mind getting him over here, hey he owes us, we drafted and developed him and if it wasn't for that snake who's no longer employed as a GM, he would likely still be with the Habs.
This year he said he'd like to play in Montreal, not saying that he was planing to do it but he said it was an option.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'd take JayBo before Beauchemin.
So would everyone........I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
This year he said he'd like to play in Montreal, not saying that he was planing to do it but he said it was an option.
That's good to hear.

Old
04-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
So would everyone........I hope.
Well Michel Villeneuve had him in the top 5 D (Markov not in the top 10) at the start of the year so I guess not.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Well Michel Villeneuve had him in the top 5 D (Markov not in the top 10) at the start of the year so I guess not.
Well Michel Villeneuve is a stupid ****er then.

Old
04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

I would take J-bo too, but i think he well cost about 2 million dollars more a year than beauchemin. We already have 12 million tied up in markov, gorges and hamrlik, so we might not be able to get too carried away.. That said, does anyone know exactly what the salary cap will be next year?

Old
04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

another classic hf board overhyped french player

when is the maxim talbot thread starting?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Where did you hear that?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

This guy is just solid, a minute hog.

He isnt a star like some people think, but as our number 4 hes solid.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:

haha, true. But believe me, beauchemin is not your typical over-hyped quebecer. He's just a solid player who rarely makes mistakes (from what i've seen in the playoffs thus far).

Old
04-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Where did you hear that?
Either RDS or CKAC, i heard himsaying it when he was interviewed.

Old
04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
nodice
Registered Lurker

did anyone see him shatter a shark players stick with his wicked hard slap shot on his goal last night? that would be a good addition to the team.

beauchemin is someone i was hoping the team would get back... he would be a very nice 4th d man, hopefully for under 3 mil?
if Schneider came back at an affordable price, maybe our d could look something like this:

markov-Schneider
hammer - georges
beauchemin -webber

o'byrne, dandy

i would love to see a jaybo here, but this might be easier to accomplish. im also not against bringing back komi, if the price was right

nodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:

have you ever watch beauchemin played?

that guy is the real deal!!! i will always remember that game againts detroit in the ducks stanley cup run....pronger got suspended after trying to separated holmstrom head from his shoulder and beauchemin step-up and play 34min in that game and he was rock solid

or that fight in the playoff againt iginla where he knock him with a good left

btw, i hope he sign with us but honestly why will he sign here (or anyone else for that matter) after all the **** we saw with the habs and the media/fan this year

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Melvin Udall

[QUOTE=Pierre Jr;19322671]If Komisarek wants more than he's worth, which is tops 3.75 M/year (see Robyn Regher's contract), Beauchemin should be our no.1 priority.

Dude - Habs had Beauchemin (they drafted the guy) and Gainey let him go -- for absolutely nothing - as a UFA!

Why would Beauchemin want to come back to the mess otherwise known as the Monntreal Canadiens when he could play in sunny So. Cal for a better team & better organization?

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post

Dude - Habs had Beauchemin (they drafted the guy) and Gainey let him go -- for absolutely nothing - as a UFA!

Why would Beauchemin want to come back to the mess otherwise known as the Monntreal Canadiens when he could play in sunny So. Cal for a better team & better organization?

GO HABS GO!
No Beauchemin wasn't a UFA he was taken while waived.

Old
04-28-2009, 08:49 PM
MathMan

IIRC, Gainey asked around to see if anyone would claim waived players in the lockout, was told no, waived Beauchemin, and saw him claimed.

Mind you, he was waived for a reason. He was never supposed to be a top 4 defenseman.

You still have to wonder how much of his effectiveness his team effects. He strikes me as a prime candidate for a guy who will end up being paid far more than he is worth due to quality linemates and reputation.

Still, he eats up minutes and as he has a good slapper and if Montreal retains Kovalev, the Habs can turn him into a PP goal machine. He'd be a great acquistion, so long as it's a value contract.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Beauchemin is not an upgrade over Komisarek.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
habs1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
IIRC, Gainey asked around to see if anyone would claim waived players in the lockout, was told no, waived Beauchemin, and saw him claimed.

Mind you, he was waived for a reason. He was never supposed to be a top 4 defenseman.

You still have to wonder how much of his effectiveness his team effects. He strikes me as a prime candidate for a guy who will end up being paid far more than he is worth due to quality linemates and reputation.

Still, he eats up minutes and as he has a good slapper and if Montreal retains Kovalev, the Habs can turn him into a PP goal machine. He'd be a great acquistion, so long as it's a value contract.
I didn't hear that.

I heard that it was a management mistake from Gainey. Gainey didn't want to see him go...

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote