HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Halak in net - Canada vs Slovakia

Old
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
He let in 5 goals on 17 shots and STILL looked better than Price did in all 4 playoff games against Boston!!! LOL.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
He let in 5 goals on 17 shots and STILL looked better than Price did in all 4 playoff games against Boston!!! LOL.
Wow you really hate Price.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
In order to have done that, Halak would've had to stop 12 breakaways.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 09:54 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Wow you really hate Price.
Moreover I think he's just on a crusade against logic and intelligence. So far he's winning handedly.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Moreover I think he's just on a crusade against logic and intelligence. So far he's winning handedly.
Frankly I don't know if I'm the only one, but as long as I have been on this site, I still never understand the so called fans that only seem to cheer for certain players yet feel the need to bash other players.

On this board we have had the Kovalev lover, while we have several Kovalev haters (and I'm not talking about the usual haters that are here after a loss) I mean the everyday, every thread on said player, they are there to keep reminding us how much they hate Kovalev.

We have had the Huet lover, the Price lovers, the Halak lovers, which often means said posters hate the "other" goalie and need to put him down whever possible.

There's Koivu which is a saga in it's own right but we all know if he was French, many of these so called fans would never bash him, media *******s included.

There's the S. Kostitsyn lover, but has to hate Higgins, the A. Kostitsyn haters that love the word bust (which I do too but in a totally different context that has nothing to do with hockey) and usually it seems the Kostitsyn's fan club seem to be in on the Latendresse haters club.

There's the Brisebois haters (ok I can understand this one) so this doesn't count. and then there's Natey holding down the Brezzy fan club!

I could go on but what's the point, nothing will change. Me, I'm a fan of all 23 players, not saying that everyone needs to be, but to me, I don't give a **** who they are, if you are wearing the Habs jersey then I will support them, even if I don't like them. (I hate Abby for some reason, must have been all that flooping around)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Thorn

Meh, I just watch the games. Although I do sleep considerably better when we win...

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
There's the Brisebois haters (ok I can understand this one) so this doesn't count. and then there's Natey holding down the Brezzy fan club!
Gimme a whoot!

In all seriousness, even though he's my favourite player, I know he's past his prime. I know (and didn't really want him) to be playing near the end of the year or in the playoffs. To me, he was a decent emergency option, but should of not have played everyday.

It's when people bash him when he was in his prime that bugs me. He was a solid #3 defenseman, who was put too highly on the teams depth chart. No way was he a #1 defenseman, yet somehow (despite the how *bad* he is defensively or the horrible teams he played on), he's managed to be a career +plus+ player. I remember during the dark years when he had to play #1 minutes in some games with Christian Laflamme, Scott Lachance, Francis Bouillon, and even Patrick Traverse. Yikes.

However, I hate the Price/Halak debates. But I also hate the blind love that Price gets, while Halak gets thrown to the side. To me, both are amazing young goalies with lots of potential, who both reached the NHL at very young ages (Price - 20, Halak - 21). And I don't see one reason, yet, to say one is going to be better than the other 5-years from now, because neither goalie has shown it.

Both guys have lots to work on their game. Price has an advantage due to his size, but half the time anymore that doesn't matter with him on his knees. Halak has an advantage with better stats (higher SV%, higher WIN%), but Price has looked just as good on some nights. Price has a bit of injury trouble, where-as Halak doesn't, but we'll see if that trend continues.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
thank god youre not a scout for the canadiens
Amen!

Give up on Heatley, Spezza, Stamkos, Doughty, etc etc etc...

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Iwishihadacup

[QUOTE=natey2k4;19343481]Gimme a whoot!

In all seriousness, even though he's my favourite player, I know he's past his prime. I know (and didn't really want him) to be playing near the end of the year or in the playoffs. To me, he was a decent emergency option, but should of not have played everyday.

It's when people bash him when he was in his prime that bugs me. He was a solid #3 defenseman, who was put too highly on the teams depth chart. No way was he a #1 defenseman, yet somehow (despite the how *bad* he is defensively or the horrible teams he played on), he's managed to be a career +plus+ player. I remember during the dark years when he had to play #1 minutes in some games with Christian Laflamme, Scott Lachance, Francis Bouillon, and even Patrick Traverse. Yikes.

However, I hate the Price/Halak debates. But I also hate the blind love that Price gets, while Halak gets thrown to the side. To me, both are amazing young goalies with lots of potential, who both reached the NHL at very young ages (Price - 20, Halak - 21). And I don't see one reason, yet, to say one is going to be better than the other 5-years from now, because neither goalie has shown it.

Both guys have lots to work on their game. Price has an advantage due to his size, but half the time anymore that doesn't matter with him on his knees. Halak has an advantage with better stats (higher SV%, higher WIN%), but Price has looked just as good on some nights. Price has a bit of injury trouble, where-as Halak doesn't, but we'll see if that trend continues.[/QUOTE]

The only diference is that Halak cannot be relied on in long spam of times like he proved in december when he gave up the worst rebounds in NHL history

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Frankly I don't know if I'm the only one, but as long as I have been on this site, I still never understand the so called fans that only seem to cheer for certain players yet feel the need to bash other players.

On this board we have had the Kovalev lover, while we have several Kovalev haters (and I'm not talking about the usual haters that are here after a loss) I mean the everyday, every thread on said player, they are there to keep reminding us how much they hate Kovalev.

We have had the Huet lover, the Price lovers, the Halak lovers, which often means said posters hate the "other" goalie and need to put him down whever possible.

There's Koivu which is a saga in it's own right but we all know if he was French, many of these so called fans would never bash him, media *******s included.

There's the S. Kostitsyn lover, but has to hate Higgins, the A. Kostitsyn haters that love the word bust (which I do too but in a totally different context that has nothing to do with hockey) and usually it seems the Kostitsyn's fan club seem to be in on the Latendresse haters club.

I could go on but what's the point, nothing will change. Me, I'm a fan of all 23 players, not saying that everyone needs to be, but to me, I don't give a **** who they are, if you are wearing the Habs jersey then I will support them, even if I don't like them. (I hate Abby for some reason, must have been all that flooping around)
Great post.

If you're a fan of the team, then own the team - good and bad. Anyone who does otherwise is a band wagoner, plain and simple.

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
The only diference is that Halak cannot be relied on in long spam of times like he proved in december when he gave up the worst rebounds in NHL history
If thats your defense, I guess we need a new goalie tandem after Price went 7-21 in 2009, while losing 7 straight games to end his season.

Damn, and I thought that was one position we were good to go in for the future.

Guess it's time for the Desjardins/Lacasse tandem, we all knew it was going to happen at some point!

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
I laughed.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 02:05 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I'm not saying that I would take the Bruins over Team Canada, but we're talking about right now. You can't say Team Canada is better because of the potential of Schenn, Stamkos, Doughty, etc.

I think Team Canada is better, but I think it's a lot closer than any of you would think.

On the other side of the coin though, Team Slovakia <<< Canadiens, so you couldn't even compare Price's and Halak's performances if you wanted to.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote