HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michigan Sports Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Shoalzie

vCash: 500
That's a sickening contract and it'll even be more revolting if he becomes another bust like The Piano Man and Andre Ware. They could've gotten Curry for less than what Jake Long signed for last year. He better be the best Lions' QB since Bobby Layne or he's going to have that contract hanging over his head until we run him out of town. Nothing short of a Super Bowl will satisfy these fans so he better develop some thick skin in a hurry.

Old
04-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
That's a sickening contract and it'll even be more revolting if he becomes another bust like The Piano Man and Andre Ware. They could've gotten Curry for less than what Jake Long signed for last year. He better be the best Lions' QB since Bobby Layne or he's going to have that contract hanging over his head until we run him out of town. Nothing short of a Super Bowl will satisfy these fans so he better develop some thick skin in a hurry.
The Ford Family is a bunch of ****ing idiots

Old
04-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Brodie
see you space cowboy

That is insane and he isn't worth it.

I watched the "Top 10 Draft Classes of All Time" on the NFL network last night... none of the teams were drafting talent over need like the Lions have ever since Millen came to town. Mayhew is just as bad. Hello "improving" to 1-15.

Old
04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I don't know very much about football, but why did the Lions pick some corner from WMU when LBs Larinitus and Malaluga and the DE Johnson are on the board? Those guys were top 5 picks a few months ago if I'm not mistaken.

Old
04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
ZDH

Stafford=bust

book it

Old
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
well, to distract from all of the Lions Doomsaying (go Bears ) , the Tigers beat up the Royals tonight to climb back above .500 and who finished the game off in the 9th? Joel Zumaya.

He might blow out another finger or destroy his wrist with the new Metallica Guitar Hero game but it's nice to see him pitching for the Tigers again.

Old
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
Stafford=bust

book it
+41,700,000

Questions entering the draft: Worst defense in the league? Bad OL? Bad DL? No identity on defense?

Answer: Draft peripheral/flashy skill position players and ignore the trenches, where good teams are made!

The worst franchise in sports just keeps getting worser and worser. 0-32, here we come!

Old
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Shoalzie

The Lions' Day 1 of the draft...

The Tigers provided a bright spot. Quite the pig-pile at the top of the Central...3-way tie for first and the Twins are a half game out. Galarraga closes out the series tomorrow...would love another series win. Not a streaky year so far...nothing more than a two-game losing streak and they've had just a three game winning streak and the back-to-back wins to close out the Seattle series. Interesting homestand coming up with the Yankees, Indians and Twins...

Old
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
The Lions' Day 1 of the draft...

The Tigers provided a bright spot. Quite the pig-pile at the top of the Central...3-way tie for first and the Twins are a half game out. Galarraga closes out the series tomorrow...would love another series win. Not a streaky year so far...nothing more than a two-game losing streak and they've had just a three game winning streak and the back-to-back wins to close out the Seattle series. Interesting homestand coming up with the Yankees, Indians and Twins...
We won a game yesterday.

We win one today, that's two in a row.

We win one tomorrow, that's called a "winning streak".

It HAS happened before....

Old
04-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Shoalzie

The Royals won on Friday...

Old
04-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Quote:
He better be the best Lions' QB since Bobby Layne
What does that really amount to? Better than Scott Mitchell or Dave Krieg. Notably, I still have a Scott Mitchell "Armed and Dangerous" t-shirt, which I wear regularly. The classics never die.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
What does that really amount to? Better than Scott Mitchell or Dave Krieg. Notably, I still have a Scott Mitchell "Armed and Dangerous" t-shirt, which I wear regularly. The classics never die.

How about some love for Erik Kramer? Only Lions QB to win a playoff game...

What I'd hope for is that they don't force Stafford into the starting role and just let Culpepper guide the ship for the time-being. Pettigrew will help in the passing game and hopefully help run block. No young QB will survive without a run game because teams will just play the basic 7 in the box and make him beat them through the air. The North is going to be very good defensively with the Packers switching to a 3-4 scheme and adding Raji and the Bears and Vikings were already very good defensively. 6 games against those defenses could be scary for a young QB behind a sub-standard line.

The two third round picks will be very important tomorrow...no pick again until the 6th round. They need to get value and address needs on the defense. Michael Johnson is available to be an edge rusher. They blew their shot at getting a quality defensive tackle or a middle linebacker. Beckwith with LSU is about the only decent inside linebacker but he's undersized.

What pisses me off with the Pettigrew pick...not with the player himself. It's the fact they could've picked a quality tight end in Day 2. They pass on Maualuga twice...the guy I wanted at the Mike backer spot...and now, they'll get probably nothing out of the draft at that spot and we could be subjected to another year of Paris Lenon.

Old
04-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Brodie
see you space cowboy

The safety from Western was a bizarre pick with Maualuga on the board. I know teams were obviously avoiding him, but to give up that good of a linebacker is insane. Clearly they were going for marketability (Local boy makes good!) over what's best for the team.

I question what role, if any, Schwartz has in the war room.

Old
04-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Shoalzie

The only safety I would've wanted...had he come out...was Taylor Mays from USC. The Lions need an Ed Reed or Polamalu type of a playmaker at the safety spot...Delmas is not that. I look at the Lions' depth chart and they at least had a decent group of safeties already. As far as needs on defense, I put middle linebacker as the #1 need and then another defensive tackle unless they think Fluellen or Darby is going to start next to Jackson inside.

One thing I did find kind of funny...Seattle takes Curry and essentially replaces Peterson with him at the Sam. On top of that, they gave up Redding...one of the few serviceable defensive tackles. That trade got rid of a bad contract but hopefully Peterson can be effective on the strong side where Curry could've played.

Old
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
We won a game yesterday.

We win one today, that's two in a row.

We win one tomorrow, that's called a "winning streak".

It HAS happened before....
one of the better scenes from Bull Durham

Old
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
one of the better scenes from Bull Durham
Ouch, sorry, we were looking for Major League 2 on that one.....

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside.....

Old
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Winger98
powers combined

and with the win over the Yanks, the Tigers have achieved official streak status!

Tomorrow should be a pitcher's duel with how Jackson and Hughes have been throwing this year. I would love to see the Tigers bury the Yanks and run the win streak up to 5 games.

Old
04-28-2009, 12:15 AM
YzermanWings19

How are the Yankees fans liking dem 4.73 ERA Apples on C.C.

Old
04-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Shoalzie

3 wins in a row...that's a streak, right?

Great to see Verlander put a strong start together...F-Rod wanted to make it interesting in the 9th though.

Old
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
3 wins in a row...that's a streak, right?

Great to see Verlander put a strong start together...F-Rod wanted to make it interesting in the 9th though.
I think JV would have gone out there and un-crooked Mr. Crooked Hat if he had blown that lead. Did you see the look he had in the dugout? Whoa.

Old
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
sarcastro

OT - does anyone know where I can get streams of Tiger games like the ones in the GDTs? I get Extra Innings for free during the first 2 rounds because they use the same channels for CentreIce, but that will soon be over....

Old
04-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Tigers getting smoked by the Yankees again... it's like deja vu all over again.

Old
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Porcello's going to get knocked around from time to time, sucks that it came tonight but it's still early and the Tigers can still make a game of it. The bullpen will just have to step up and stop the bleeding.

Old
04-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Porcello's going to get knocked around from time to time, sucks that it came tonight but it's still early and the Tigers can still make a game of it. The bullpen will just have to step up and stop the bleeding.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... that's a good one!

Old
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... that's a good one!
Our bullpen didn't do too poorly but the Tigers just couldn't get it done in the ninth. Cabrera not coming through in the third turned out to be pretty damaging as well.

Closed Thread