HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I just realized that...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2009, 09:54 PM
  #1
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I just realized that...

At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains

for next season.

Its gonna be tough to attract the UFAs here. Who will actually pay the UFAs? Who will try to bring them here? Who will coach them? Who will they play with?

Damn.. its gonna be a big summer.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:03 PM
  #2
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains

for next season.

Its gonna be tough to attract the UFAs here. Who will actually pay the UFAs? Who will try to bring them here? Who will coach them? Who will they play with?

Damn.. its gonna be a big summer.
are you sure you just realized that or u juts decided to post it now??

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
  #3
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,263
vCash: 500
I know who will be the GM.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
  #4
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
I know who will be the GM.
Viau?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:06 PM
  #5
DeVries*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In your face
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Viau?
Sounds too french. Could offend english supporters.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
  #6
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
are you sure you just realized that or u juts decided to post it now??
Watching 110% help me realize it...

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
  #7
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Sounds too french. Could offend english supporters.
He sucked anyways....but who cares the journaleux will be happy

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
  #8
DeVries*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In your face
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
He sucked anyways....but who cares the journaleux will be happy
Yeah, let's pray for Jesus Price the Saviour then.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
  #9
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains

for next season.

Its gonna be tough to attract the UFAs here. Who will actually pay the UFAs? Who will try to bring them here? Who will coach them? Who will they play with?

Damn.. its gonna be a big summer.
You have to be positive in this situation and:
  • believe next owner(s) will spend money to the Cap.
  • the next GM could be better
  • the next coach will be better
  • the captain will be better
  • the next assistant-captains will be better

Why?

I can't see anyone buying the Habs and not TRYING to make it the bext team possible. Now way in hell the next owner doesn't come in and spend way under the cap without most Fans and media flaming them for it.

The Next GM could be worse or better. But He/She (let's not be prejudice) will have some good prospect as assets and lots of money to spend on their choice of player and will be able to shape the team to their liking in a shorter time frame. I still think Bob did a good job overall

I have to reach beyond my heart to change my opinion but Carbo did not have a good season as coach this season and I can't imagine how the Habs can hire someone much worst next season.. But depending on the intelligence and hockey knowledge of the next GM (if there is a next GM), I don't see them asking some other new coach to come in without much experience behind a bench.

I liked and will always look up to Saku the player, but he's no Messier, Sakic or Yzerman. Saku leads by example and he is pure heart, but I think that sometimes, that alone isn't always the best answer to a winning team. Saku's been a captain for a long time in Montreal but how many times have they gone to the 3rd round of play-offs with him as captain? None... Because he's just not capable of carrying a team on his shoulders like Iginla can. If Saku wants to stay and continue to be a captain in Montreal, I will accept him with open arms just because I like he player and will cheer him on as always. But I wonder how the team would do under different leadership.

But IMO, if Saku stays, the Habs need another unofficial captain to stand up and speak when the team is morally down or taking shifts off that other players will listen too. I don't think Kovy can fill that role and I think Tangauy is too soft spoken. What they need is a 30 year old Subban with 10 years of NHL Experience. But that will take 11 years.. So what do you do now?

We don't know who the Alternates will be next season but that should be answered with my above paragraph is Saku stays.. The leadership this year didn't help the Habs because there was so much uncertainty in their play that a 10 year old could see they were playing with no confidence at the end of Carbo's tenure..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 11:50 PM
  #10
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
You have to be positive in this situation and:
  • believe next owner(s) will spend money to the Cap.
  • the next GM could be better
  • the next coach will be better
  • the captain will be better
  • the next assistant-captains will be better

Why?

I can't see anyone buying the Habs and not TRYING to make it the bext team possible. Now way in hell the next owner doesn't come in and spend way under the cap without most Fans and media flaming them for it.

The Next GM could be worse or better. But He/She (let's not be prejudice) will have some good prospect as assets and lots of money to spend on their choice of player and will be able to shape the team to their liking in a shorter time frame. I still think Bob did a good job overall

I have to reach beyond my heart to change my opinion but Carbo did not have a good season as coach this season and I can't imagine how the Habs can hire someone much worst next season.. But depending on the intelligence and hockey knowledge of the next GM (if there is a next GM), I don't see them asking some other new coach to come in without much experience behind a bench.

I liked and will always look up to Saku the player, but he's no Messier, Sakic or Yzerman. Saku leads by example and he is pure heart, but I think that sometimes, that alone isn't always the best answer to a winning team. Saku's been a captain for a long time in Montreal but how many times have they gone to the 3rd round of play-offs with him as captain? None... Because he's just not capable of carrying a team on his shoulders like Iginla can. If Saku wants to stay and continue to be a captain in Montreal, I will accept him with open arms just because I like he player and will cheer him on as always. But I wonder how the team would do under different leadership.

But IMO, if Saku stays, the Habs need another unofficial captain to stand up and speak when the team is morally down or taking shifts off that other players will listen too. I don't think Kovy can fill that role and I think Tangauy is too soft spoken. What they need is a 30 year old Subban with 10 years of NHL Experience. But that will take 11 years.. So what do you do now?

We don't know who the Alternates will be next season but that should be answered with my above paragraph is Saku stays.. The leadership this year didn't help the Habs because there was so much uncertainty in their play that a 10 year old could see they were playing with no confidence at the end of Carbo's tenure..
Why would you poison this thread with your logic and rational thoughts.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 12:45 AM
  #11
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains
You forgot :
  • Who will be the scorers
  • Who will be the playmakers
  • Who will be the defensive defensemen
  • Who will be the PP specialist
  • Who will be the heart and leader of the team
  • Who will be half of the players on the ice
  • Who will drive the zamboni

But who cares? The more I'm reading HF Boards, the more it's obvious the Habs are obviously heading into the right direction. It's a slow progress, they say.

Close your eyes, and believe.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 12:45 AM
  #12
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Why would you poison this thread with your logic and rational thoughts.
Sorry.... BTW, am I the only one tried of Wolverine raking my eyes out???

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:00 AM
  #13
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains

for next season.

Its gonna be tough to attract the UFAs here. Who will actually pay the UFAs? Who will try to bring them here? Who will coach them? Who will they play with?

Damn.. its gonna be a big summer.
This team can go two ways. Stability way, Gillet stays majority owner, Gainey stays, he re-signs some of our best UFAs (Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev, and with some luck Komi). In this scenario, both underachieving vets and rookies would be expected to pick up their game next year, and things should look good (at least the way I see it).
It can also go the opposite way, for example the team gets bought by an owner that wants to clean up everything (Savard has been rumored to say that would be his wish, although I wouldn't have expected it from him). Personnally, I fear that last option. Very few people have the smarts to rebuild a team from scratch (which would happen if we didn't re-sign our core UFAs) and have a performing team right away. The teams that have succeeded are exceptions amongst a plethoria of disastrous cases (actually I can only think of disastrous cases, if anyone can correct me please do).
Therefore, from my point of view, stability is the key. In my mind, we shouldn't let go any of our core UFA. For example, I would like, for once, to see a top line of Koivu, Kovalev and Tanguay kept together for a whole season. No developing rookies matched with a skilled vet, just a top heavy line. I would like to keep a patient GM who doesn't play Santa Claus like Rejean Houle or like they do in Tampa and NYI. I would like to have an experienced coach, for once. I would like our future prospects to develop under such vets as Lang, Tanguay and Schneider.
In the worst case scenario, (i.e. what the Montreal media fantasize the most about), we don't sign any of our upcoming UFAs and start from stcratch. I just pray to god that doesn't happen. We'd be the Islanders of Montreal because of lack of depth (except for D), and AFAIK, Tavares will be drafted in 2009, so aiming for the basement is just not an option.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:06 AM
  #14
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
At this moment, we dont know for sure:
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains
  • What will be the price of a beer
  • If we'll have puck bunnies

for next season.

Its gonna be tough to attract the UFAs here. Who will actually pay the UFAs? Who will try to bring them here? Who will coach them? Who will they play with?

Damn.. its gonna be a big summer.
There some important addition

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:09 AM
  #15
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
You forgot :
  • Who will be the scorers
  • Who will be the playmakers
  • Who will be the defensive defensemen
  • Who will be the PP specialist
  • Who will be the heart and leader of the team
  • Who will be half of the players on the ice
  • Who will drive the zamboni

But who cares? The more I'm reading HF Boards, the more it's obvious the Habs are obviously heading into the right direction. It's a slow progress, they say.

Close your eyes, and believe.
Scorers? Kovalev, A. Kost, Tanguay, D'Ago.
Playmakers? Tanguay, Koivu, Markov
Defensive D? Markov and then...Hammer if he's not asleep (ok...)
PP specialist? Markov, Schneider (you heard me, he's STAYIN')
Heart/leader of the team? Those Molson ex girls and YOUPPI!!
Half of the players on the ice? Either last year's team +/- a few OR last year's team + half the Hamilton Bulldog's roster
Who will drive the Zamboni? Hopefully not me, because I'm so drunk that driving my own body should be illegal.

Anyway...my point is, things are not so grim as they look IMO...I see no need to rebuild this team. Invest in biotechnology so we can have robotic players that don't get injured maybe, but restart from scratch? Please..I'll pass. All the people that panic with the Habs' situation should just look at the game lost to injury to our top players, and try to think, for once.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:11 AM
  #16
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
  • Who will be the next owner(s)
  • Who will be the next GM
  • Who will be the next coach
  • Who will be the captain
  • Who will be the next assistant-captains
  • What will be the beer of price
  • If we'll have puck bunnies

There some important addition
Fixed

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:12 AM
  #17
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Scorers? Kovalev, A. Kost, Tanguay, D'Ago.
Playmakers? Tanguay, Koivu, Markov
Defensive D? Markov and then...Hammer if he's not asleep (ok...)
PP specialist? Markov, Schneider (you heard me, he's STAYIN')
Heart/leader of the team? Those Molson ex girls and YOUPPI!!
Half of the players on the ice? Either last year's team +/- a few OR last year's team + half the Hamilton Bulldog's roster
Who will drive the Zamboni? Hopefully not me, because I'm so drunk that driving my own body should be illegal.

Anyway...my point is, things are not so grim as they look IMO...I see no need to rebuild this team. Invest in biotechnology so we can have robotic players that don't get injured maybe, but restart from scratch? Please..I'll pass. All the people that panic with the Habs' situation should just look at the game lost to injury to our top players, and try to think, for once.
Good... except, half of the players you mention are UFAs...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:25 AM
  #18
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Good... except, half of the players you mention are UFAs...
If Gainey stays, expect to see AT LEAST Tanguay, Schneider and Kovalev back. Koivu is also likely. Unlike some, I would be thrilled if we could keep them all, for a reasonable price of course.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:34 AM
  #19
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
You have to be positive in this situation and:
  • believe next owner(s) will spend money to the Cap.
  • the next GM could be better
  • the next coach will be better
  • the captain will be better
  • the next assistant-captains will be better

Why?

I can't see anyone buying the Habs and not TRYING to make it the bext team possible. Now way in hell the next owner doesn't come in and spend way under the cap without most Fans and media flaming them for it.

The Next GM could be worse or better. But He/She (let's not be prejudice) will have some good prospect as assets and lots of money to spend on their choice of player and will be able to shape the team to their liking in a shorter time frame. I still think Bob did a good job overall

I have to reach beyond my heart to change my opinion but Carbo did not have a good season as coach this season and I can't imagine how the Habs can hire someone much worst next season.. But depending on the intelligence and hockey knowledge of the next GM (if there is a next GM), I don't see them asking some other new coach to come in without much experience behind a bench.

I liked and will always look up to Saku the player, but he's no Messier, Sakic or Yzerman. Saku leads by example and he is pure heart, but I think that sometimes, that alone isn't always the best answer to a winning team. Saku's been a captain for a long time in Montreal but how many times have they gone to the 3rd round of play-offs with him as captain? None... Because he's just not capable of carrying a team on his shoulders like Iginla can. If Saku wants to stay and continue to be a captain in Montreal, I will accept him with open arms just because I like he player and will cheer him on as always. But I wonder how the team would do under different leadership.

But IMO, if Saku stays, the Habs need another unofficial captain to stand up and speak when the team is morally down or taking shifts off that other players will listen too. I don't think Kovy can fill that role and I think Tangauy is too soft spoken. What they need is a 30 year old Subban with 10 years of NHL Experience. But that will take 11 years.. So what do you do now?

We don't know who the Alternates will be next season but that should be answered with my above paragraph is Saku stays.. The leadership this year didn't help the Habs because there was so much uncertainty in their play that a 10 year old could see they were playing with no confidence at the end of Carbo's tenure..
I am sick and tired of hearing stuff like this. Unlike these players you mentionned, Saku has NEVER played a whole season with elite wingers. As far as i know, the only time he played with established wingers was this season, and I liked what I saw. The positioning, the passing, the scoring chances shift after shift. Koivu has been a 60ish player all his career with youngsters and role players. I say let him play a whole season or two with good, established wingers before comparing him to elite centers. I am not saying he's Sakic, Izerman or anything, but I think who you play with matters a lot, and in my mind there is still a lot of uncertainty about what bracket Koivu belongs as a centerman. 1a, 1b, 2a, elite centerman? Give him goo wingers for a whole season instead of Savage, Zednik, or developing prospects and we'll know. Messier played with Gretzky, Yzerman with Fedorov, etc. Let Koivu try some I say.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.