HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
  #76
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
What do you think the Peoria Rivermen should or will do now?

What will the team look like going into the 2009-10 season?

Under Contract

C Nicholas Drazenovic
C Tomas Kana
C Cam Paddock
C Yan Stastny

LW Nikolai Lemtyugov
LW Julian Talbot

RW Ryan Reaves

D Mark Cundari
D T.J. Fast
D Alexander Hellstrom
D Jonas Junland
D Tyson Strachan

RFAs

C Chris Porter

RW Jonathan Filewich
RW Matt Foy

D Danny Richmond
D Steve Wagner

G Chris Holt

UFAs

C Trent Whitfield

LW Charles Linglet
LW Steve Regier

Others

Carl Corazzini—AHL contract
Jeff Cowan—AHL contract
Justin Fletcher—AHL contract
Jim Jackson—AHL contract
Curtis Fraser—AHL contract

Not sure of these players’ contract status:
Jori Lehterä—Blues prospect (I don’t think he can stay over here.)
Aaron Palushaj—Blues prospect
Brett Sonne—Blues Prospect
Pretty sure Yan Stastny is on a one-way contract with the big club.

I would say Kana is done as a Blues prospect IMO, so give him the boot for good.

Lemtyugov is probably as good as done. Though I would like to see what happens with him next season.

Reaves never makes the NHL and sticks, so unless he is providing something I don't know about, he could get the boot as well.

Resign Regier, I really like this guy...how he plays.

Pretty sure Palushaj and Sonne are on the books for next year for the Rivs.

Linglet seems like he is fading away, so I doubt he comes back.

Resign Holt. This guy deserves to see some time IMO

Wagner is probably a given to resign

Filewich and Richmond probably get another look next year

I would hate to see Porter go, but I had not heard many positive things about him this season.

I would like to see them add some scoring, but Palushaj and Sonne might add enough of that.

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
  #77
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Pretty sure Yan Stastny is on a one-way contract with the big club.

I would say Kana is done as a Blues prospect IMO, so give him the boot for good.

Lemtyugov is probably as good as done. Though I would like to see what happens with him next season.

Reaves never makes the NHL and sticks, so unless he is providing something I don't know about, he could get the boot as well.

Resign Regier, I really like this guy...how he plays.

Pretty sure Palushaj and Sonne are on the books for next year for the Rivs.

Linglet seems like he is fading away, so I doubt he comes back.

Resign Holt. This guy deserves to see some time IMO

Wagner is probably a given to resign

Filewich and Richmond probably get another look next year

I would hate to see Porter go, but I had not heard many positive things about him this season.

I would like to see them add some scoring, but Palushaj and Sonne might add enough of that.
You're correct about Stastny. The last year of his contract is one-way. He gets removed from this list.

For a while I was giving kudos to Kana for sticking around North America to learn our game, but he's been a non-factor in the Kelly Cup playoffs so far. I think he has only one or two points in 8 playoff games. And this is on a high-scoring Aces team. Based on his numbers he pretty much stinks.

I think Lemtyugov will come back. He's admitted that going back to Russia was a huge mistake. I hope he comes back.

Reaves is a tough guy. He's got a little bit of experience now and the new kids will need some protection. Also, Reaves has some skill.

Goodbye Linglet.

I think Jori Lehterä has to go back to Tappara next season, so I can remove him from this list.

Everyone else, besides Whitfield, are a toss-up for me. Maybe keep Regier. But Whitfield absolutely must be resigned, at least imo.

Corrazini already said that he is retiring, so he's outta here.

Palushaj and Sonne and maybe Eller will be with Peoria next season. I don't think any of these guys make the Blues roster out of camp. Eller will make it out of camp if and only if he gets healthy and stronger than he was this past season, which is unlikely to happen between now and the end of camp. He needs time to heal and rehab.


Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 05-01-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typos
ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
05-24-2009, 11:05 AM
  #78
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
You're correct about Stastny. The last year of his contract is one-way. He gets removed from this list.

For a while I was giving kudos to Kana for sticking around North America to learn our game, but he's been a non-factor in the Kelly Cup playoffs so far. I think he has only one or two points in 8 playoff games. And this is on a high-scoring Aces team. Based on his numbers he pretty much stinks.

I think Lemtyugov will come back. He's admitted that going back to Russia was a huge mistake. I hope he comes back.

Reaves is a tough guy. He's got a little bit of experience now and the new kids will need some protection. Also, Reaves has some skill.

Goodbye Linglet.

I think Jori Lehterä has to go back to Tappara next season, so I can remove him from this list.

Everyone else, besides Whitfield, are a toss-up for me. Maybe keep Regier. But Whitfield absolutely must be resigned, at least imo.

Corrazini already said that he is retiring, so he's outta here.

Palushaj and Sonne and maybe Eller will be with Peoria next season. I don't think any of these guys make the Blues roster out of camp. Eller will make it out of camp if and only if he gets healthy and stronger than he was this past season, which is unlikely to happen between now and the end of camp. He needs time to heal and rehab.


I know it's a big bump, but can I get to link to that.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
  #79
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
From what I've read, Whitfield is willing to resign. I think they should resign Regier. He's a great 2-way player at the AHL level. It's not like he'd steal ice time from a legit NHL prospect. I tthink Lemtyugov really wants to return. But isn't he signed to his Russian team for 2009-10?

Robb_K is offline  
Old
05-24-2009, 06:08 PM
  #80
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
It's exciting that there are a handfull of prospects that could make the Blues at some point this year. Eller, Pie, Junland, Sonne and Palushaj. That doesn't include Bishop, Wagner and Strachan. One of the prospects that intrigues me is Anthony Peluso. He is a true heavyweight and by all reports is a good skater who put up some respectable numbers when paired with skilled players. There are very few policeman types who can contribute while playing a regular shift. Both Blues tough guys are under contract for next year so it appears Peluso is destined for Peoria. He will be just an injury away from a call up. How about McRae and Peluso both being Blues prospects.

stlweir is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 06:02 PM
  #81
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
I know it's a big bump, but can I get to link to that.
The article was in Russian, on a website linked in this article.

It's from mid-February, so if you can read Cyrillic and can search the archives of www.allhockey.ru, you should be able to find it.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
  #82
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
I know it's a big bump, but can I get to link to that.
Sorry Oshniak.....been away for a while....P_B posted the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
The article was in Russian, on a website linked in this article.

It's from mid-February, so if you can read Cyrillic and can search the archives of www.allhockey.ru, you should be able to find it.

P_B
Thanx dood.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
  #83
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,240
vCash: 500
what are your thoughts on Tyson Strachan? Does he have any future with the Blues?

Mathletic is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 11:32 AM
  #84
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
what are your thoughts on Tyson Strachan? Does he have any future with the Blues?
Barring a rash of injuries, I'd expect him to play this season in Peoria. I think its most likely he becomes part of a trade package at some point, but I'd be pretty surprised if he became a regular in a Bluenote, simply because there is some talented young depth in there. It was pretty far-fetched that he would have had the opportunity he DID have this past season.

That's not to say he wouldn't be an NHL regular, but not for the Blues.

I'd be disappointed if he is the 7th man this coming season, since that would harm his development.

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 12:53 PM
  #85
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Maybe this should go into the prospect thread but I was wondering if anyone got a good interview with Lehtera(and Palushaj for that matter) or Peoria's staff talking about their play in with the Riv's. I tuned into the radio for their playoff games and it seemed like there was times Lehtera was completely tenacious on and with the puck.

BlueBeard is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
  #86
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Maybe this should go into the prospect thread but I was wondering if anyone got a good interview with Lehtera(and Palushaj for that matter) or Peoria's staff talking about their play in with the Riv's. I tuned into the radio for their playoff games and it seemed like there was times Lehtera was completely tenacious on and with the puck.
I'm not sure if this is his first time in North America, but for playing on our smaller surface with bigger and faster players for the very first time in real live game action, Lehterä did an awesome job. He scored a goal in the playoffs and I think had 3 points over 14 games played (7 regular season and 7 playoffs)

I emailed Dave Eminian twice after Lehterä's arrival for more information, but my emails went conspicuously unanswered. I wondered how a top prospect can come over here and the Rivs top beat writer doesn't interview him and write a story. If he doesn't speak English very well yet, then certainly Mr. Eminian can find a Finnish translator, even in the middle of Illinois. There are several universities and colleges somewhat nearby. Same goes for Livingston....he comes over, doesn't play and there's no explanation? I find that strange.

Anyway......

This is a good place to bring up Jonas Junland. Jeff Gordon wrote an article about team depth in which he described Junland as a disappointment. I think his analysis is totally absurd.

Junland is another prospect who is giving North American ice hockey a real go of it. He had his ups and downs in Peoria, but overall he exceeded expectations. His vision is amazing and he can really shoot. He's inconsistent, which is understandable; he's new to NA. Luckily he has a countryman on the team (Hellström), who's also a d-man. But when Junland got called up to the Blues for that game against the Capitals he got pasted to the end boards by Donald Brashear. Ouch! He looked really scared in that game.

That's all I got for now.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
  #87
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Removed by author.


Last edited by PocketNines: 06-24-2009 at 04:46 AM.
PocketNines is offline  
Old
06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
  #88
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 50
Wasn't Junland on the AHL all-stars? Wha?

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
06-04-2009, 12:21 AM
  #89
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I know he wasn't perfect in Peoria and has some things to work on but for god's sake a young d-man making the AHL all star team in his first season in the AHL and N/A hockey is not a dissapointment. I can't speak for you guys but for me Junland's stock took a big spike up for me this year.

BlueBeard is offline  
Old
06-04-2009, 01:00 AM
  #90
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
Maybe this should go into the prospect thread but I was wondering if anyone got a good interview with Lehtera(and Palushaj for that matter) or Peoria's staff talking about their play in with the Riv's. I tuned into the radio for their playoff games and it seemed like there was times Lehtera was completely tenacious on and with the puck.
If you remember, I had a decent Q&A with Aaron a couple of months ago.
I'm trying to get in touch with him if I can have a follow up interview with him. Find out how it was playing professionally with Peoria. Though he wasn't with the team long, try to feel out the disappointment of losing in game 7. Plus the things he learned and what he's going to do this summer in order to move forward with his career.

I'll let you know if I get the extra interview. If so, I'll have to link you to my twitter page to get the link. or PM me. They have the site I blog on blocked on HFboards.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
  #91
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,240
vCash: 500
what do you think of Davis Payne?

Mathletic is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 02:32 PM
  #92
TK 421
Donut Squad
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
what do you think of Davis Payne?
Great coach, funny guy. He's definitely in the Blues long term plans. Just got an extension a short while back, not sure how many years.

I sent him an email at the beginning of this past season, and he answered a question I had. When I gave him a compliment about his coaching, he said," Thanks for the kind words, I'll ask you to remember them when they hang me in effigy, ha,ha."

This guy has a future in the NHL, but with Andy Murray addressing his criticisms in convincing fashion it's tough to say how it will play out. Will he serve as an assistant on AMs staff first which is the usual route or will he be promoted directly to head coach once AMs contract is up? That's the question currently on my mind.

TK 421 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 02:35 PM
  #93
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
what do you think of Davis Payne?
As much as I've covered the Rivermen this season, I have no idea what Davis Payne is like. Frankly, it never really occurred to me to investigate Coach Payne.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
  #94
TK 421
Donut Squad
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
As much as I've covered the Rivermen this season, I have no idea what Davis Payne is like. Frankly, it never really occurred to me to investigate Coach Payne.
His email address is posted on the Rivs website in the section that talks about the teams management. I really didn't expect a response back and was pleasantly surprised when I not only got a response, but he answered my question as well. He's a Michigan Tech Alum which means he's a smarty pants(my family is all from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and my grandpa taught math at Tech many years ago.) I got the impression of a very easy going and friendly person with a wry sense of humor who doesn't take himself too seriously.


I seem to remember Prussian saying he did an interview with Davis for GameTime but I could be wrong as I didn't follow up on it.

Hey Prussian, did you end up getting that interview?


Last edited by TK 421: 06-13-2009 at 03:57 PM.
TK 421 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 08:26 PM
  #95
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
His email address is posted on the Rivs website in the section that talks about the teams management. I really didn't expect a response back and was pleasantly surprised when I not only got a response, but he answered my question as well. He's a Michigan Tech Alum which means he's a smarty pants(my family is all from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and my grandpa taught math at Tech many years ago.) I got the impression of a very easy going and friendly person with a wry sense of humor who doesn't take himself too seriously.


I seem to remember Prussian saying he did an interview with Davis for GameTime but I could be wrong as I didn't follow up on it.

Hey Prussian, did you end up getting that interview?
Hey that's pretty neat TK!

I feel the need to say that I started that Peoria Rivermen thread over at "The AHL" boards in order to keep the Blues organization and its development system as high profile as possible and I thought I did a decent job at keeping that thread in the daily top five. The hits on the thread have gone through the roof. It's free advertising for the Rivs, the PJ Star and Dave Eminian's "Cleve's World". And I see no reason to discontinue that thread.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-14-2009, 08:36 PM
  #96
TK 421
Donut Squad
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Hey that's pretty neat TK!

I feel the need to say that I started that Peoria Rivermen thread over at "The AHL" boards in order to keep the Blues organization and its development system as high profile as possible and I thought I did a decent job at keeping that thread in the daily top five. The hits on the thread have gone through the roof. It's free advertising for the Rivs, the PJ Star and Dave Eminian's "Cleve's World". And I see no reason to discontinue that thread.
You did a great job Chicago, I visited several times last season but didn't post anything. I would love if we could convince Riv. fans to post regularly on that thread. 1st hand accounts besides Eminians would be greatly appreciated. I like reading his stuff, but he's not very good about answering emails so don't feel bad if he doesn't get back to you.

The Rivermen will be a force next year and I'm just as excited about them as I am about the Blues.

TK 421 is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
  #97
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
I seem to remember Prussian saying he did an interview with Davis for GameTime but I could be wrong as I didn't follow up on it.

Hey Prussian, did you end up getting that interview?
I did, but it wasn't a very in-depth interview, as I always seemed to catch him at bad times. I used bits and pieces of the interview in various "Game Time" articles over the course of the year.

I'm planning on trying to do a more lengthy sit-down with him, either at the Development Camp, or very early in the Peoria regular season.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
  #98
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
I'm not sure if this is his first time in North America, but for playing on our smaller surface with bigger and faster players for the very first time in real live game action, Lehterä did an awesome job. He scored a goal in the playoffs and I think had 3 points over 14 games played (7 regular season and 7 playoffs)
Lehterä does have contract with Tappara for next season and that's where he'll play. Unless a new transfer agreement is signed this summer (negotiations are under way), that is. If not, I wouldn't rule out him making a simlar trip at the end of next season as well.

Jussi is online now  
Old
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
  #99
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Lehterä does have contract with Tappara for next season and that's where he'll play. Unless a new transfer agreement is signed this summer (negotiations are under way), that is. If not, I wouldn't rule out him making a simlar trip at the end of next season as well.
I don't think the Blues are going to try and poach him without an agreement. Do you know if there was any interviews done with Lehtera after he came back from the AHL? I'm curious on what his thoughts about the league and NA hockey are and if it is now in his plans to come to the AHL for a while after his contract is up there in Finland. He's a real interesting prospect and one that doesn't get talked about much but could make an impact a couple years down the road.

BlueBeard is offline  
Old
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM
  #100
DieHeartRedWingsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
I have a question. I know it's time. When is the next game for Rivermen? I know it's soon.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.