HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter has a separated right shoulder; no surgery needed

Old
04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1487
Carter has a separated right shoulder; no surgery needed

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...956&feedID=695
Quote:

Flyers center Jeff Carter would have been on his way to the IIHF World Championships in Switzerland playing for Team Canada were it not for one, tiny detail.

He has a separated right shoulder.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren confirmed the injury to CSNPhilly.com on Thursday night when he was asked why Carter turned down the invitation.

“Early in Game 3 against the Penguins, Jeff kind of fell into the boards awkwardly and separated his shoulder,” Holmgren said. “It won’t require surgery, but it was enough of an injury it hampered him. He just can’t play right now. He needs to rest it.”

There was a lot of speculation through the first round of the playoffs against Pittsburgh why Carter, much like Mike Richards, was playing poorly. He had just one goal and one point in the six-game series loss to the Penguins.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Cleary84

vCash: 500
Idk about anyone else but this isn't news for me. I saw it coming.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:09 PM
MsWoof

I'm glad that's why he was playing bad and even gladder to hear it won't need surgery. He looked like he was in pain and now we know he was.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't suspect he's going to say anything earth shattering. Just the usual BS...

- We had some injuries.
- We're disapointed.
- We'll try and make the team better next year, thru signing and trades...

....blah, blah, blah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Injuries? What blame the playoff losses on Hatcher and Cote????

Please
So...

As I was saying.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
TheKingPin

This was coming sooner or later. I mean why cant Malkin and Crosby, or Fluery get a seperated shoulder and a torn labrum. **** these injuries. I mean if ONE of Malkin, Crosby, or Fluery gets injured INSTEAD of Carter and Richards we sweep the series at that point.

****!

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
So...

As I was saying.
haha, you couldnt wait for this news to come out you saved this from another thread...classic.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
haha, you couldnt wait for this news to come out you saved this from another thread...classic.
We're not done with the injury news either, there's more on the way.

Last edited by Opus: 05-01-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
We're done with the injury news either, there's more on the way.
Timonen some kind of lower body injury? If that were the case you just hit our three best players lol. FML.

Old
04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Timonen some kind of lower body injury? If that were the case you just hit our three best players lol. FML.
Jones had a concussion that made him forget how to play defense.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
sg12lw

this is just a bs excuse that will give carter a pass that he doesnt deserve...i have played with a separated shoulder and yeah it hurts like a ***** but it doesnt affect play very much at all...he showed me very little this post season, which in turn showed me a lot about him

call me an idiot, and im sure you will, but i feel like carter is the guy who will come up short every year but will always have that very "convenient" excuse - just my opinon, i get that feeling from jeff, and believe me i hope i am 100% wrong

ps this is my last post for the summer possibly ever so it was nice talking hockey with you all and i enjoyed reading this board for the last few years...thanks for making it fun! .....getting out just before i get grilled for ripping jeff

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gambini View Post
this is just a bs excuse that will give carter a pass that he doesnt deserve...i have played with a separated shoulder and yeah it hurts like a ***** but it doesnt affect play very much at all...he showed me very little this post season, which in turn showed me a lot about him

call me an idiot, and im sure you will, but i feel like carter is the guy who will come up short every year but will always have that very "convenient" excuse - just my opinon, i get that feeling from jeff, and believe me i hope i am 100% wrong

ps this is my last post for the summer possibly ever so it was nice talking hockey with you all and i enjoyed reading this board for the last few years...thanks for making it fun! .....getting out just before i get grilled for ripping jeff

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!
You're an idiot.

Old
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
mm6492

Quote:

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!
Your an idiot

No, but honestly, yopu sound exactly like my dad, who all season was ike "O, Carter has 45, well, at least we know he will have none in the playoffs" or "theres the best regular season hockey player in the league"

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!
I hope I'm the first person that gets to call you an idiot.

A separated shoulder is different every time. I've had shoulder problems in the past and some are much worse than others. Thinking a separated shoulder is the same every time and that you played through it so he should have is the same as you saying "I've had a concussion before and I was out a week, Gagne is a p***y!"

You say you played through a separated shoulder? Were you playing against 230 pound defenders? Were you playing every other night in the most intense atmosphere imaginable? I'm sure you college club team/men's league is very intense but not nearly what he was playing through.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:24 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!
Quote:
You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Your an idiot

No, but honestly, yopu sound exactly like my dad, who all season was ike "O, Carter has 45, well, at least we know he will have none in the playoffs" or "theres the best regular season hockey player in the league"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I hope I'm the first person that gets to call you an idiot.

A separated shoulder is different every time. I've had shoulder problems in the past and some are much worse than others. Thinking a separated shoulder is the same every time and that you played through it so he should have is the same as you saying "I've had a concussion before and I was out a week, Gagne is a p***y!"

You say you played through a separated shoulder? Were you playing against 230 pound defenders? Were you playing every other night in the most intense atmosphere imaginable? I'm sure you college club team/men's league is very intense but not nearly what he was playing through.
lol. I was bashing Carter after Game 6. But its nice to see this support for him.

Old
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

well, now we know why our two star centers were invisible

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
So our top 2 centers had 1 working shoulder total? No wonder the faceoffs sort of sucked.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
well, now we know why our two star centers were invisible
I don't get this attitude at all. Richards had two busted shoulders but played with all the heart and desire he usually does. He was a physical force and the leading scorer (tied). Carter was playing with a busted shoulder for 3.5 out of 6 games, yet was invisible for all of them, on top of playing like a giant vagina. Richards was highly visible, but maybe not as effective as he can be; Carter was just plain invisible.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I don't get this attitude at all. Richards had two busted shoulders but played with all the heart and desire he usually does. He was a physical force and the leading scorer (tied). Carter was playing with a busted shoulder for 3.5 out of 6 games, yet was invisible for all of them, on top of playing like a giant vagina. Richards was highly visible, but maybe not as effective as he can be; Carter was just plain invisible.
I'm kinda with you. The look on Carter's face all series just screamed soulless. I don't think his invisibility had more to do with being injured than anything else (which we'll probably never hear about).

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Orange Crush 89

Good to know he had a shoulder injury, now I can TOTALLY understand why he didn't SKATE after putting the puck on Crosby's stick to finish us off...

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
UseYourAllusion

This does not excuse Carter.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
This.

I completely agree.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Good to know he had a shoulder injury, now I can TOTALLY understand why he didn't SKATE after putting the puck on Crosby's stick to finish us off...

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I saw somewhere on the boards that something i Finland was released saying Timonen was playing with a concussion? I believe it was a Flyers fan who said it.

Edit 2: Here is the original post where I heard about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADger View Post
Finnish news tell that Kimmo Timonen played the Pittsburgh series eventhough he had a mild concussion, and therefore he aint gonna play for team Finland in Wc..

link: http://yle.fi/urheilu/tapahtumat/jaa...in_144647.html

Kinda thought something like this, eventhough he was definetly our best dman he didnt look exactly himself at the last couple of games.

Edit 1:
Google Translation

Published: 26.04. at 13:15

NHL's games in the drop down fallen Philadelphia Star defenseman Kimmo Timonen will not arrive to strengthen the lion rear lines of the Swiss World Cup. He received a mild aivotärähdyksen Pittsburgh-match series, and suffers from post-trauma symptoms. Philadelphia rear lines of another Finnish kit Lasse Kukkonen in the World Cup is still open.
The lion's share valmennusjohto also informed the team to continue the current maalivahtikolmikollaan. Thus, the Philadelphia Antero Niittymäki does not attend the World Cup.

aivotärähdyksen=Aivotärähdys = concussion according to a online Finnish-English dictionary

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 04-30-2009 at 10:15 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
yep. i thought carter was pretty damn good for the first two games (that empty net miss sucked), but damn, he wasn't there at all after that. jxc has also hit on this - how disturbing it was that he played like a loser at times, especially at the end of game 6. never want to admit one of your best players is like that, but i gotta agree.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:

GO FLYERS
**** PITTSBURGH!!!
Damn man, I messed up my shoulder a few times and could barely make a decent pass. Much respect to you for playing through it

TheSkatingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote