HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carter has a separated right shoulder; no surgery needed

Old
05-01-2009, 02:12 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox_2000_22 View Post
I love how everyone forgets how he played last year in the playoffs, would of been out first round not for him....****ing homo's, try shooting lasers with one arm thats his game....love the beer league comments though haha played through a seperated shoulder haha why are you not under contract then dumbass?
oh come on dont you know playing in a rec league, or a beer league or with your college buddies is the same as playing against some of the best hockey players in the world?

GoneFullHolmgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I just don't see it like that at all. Aside from the 2nd half of that awful game 6, the team competed very well and was literally inches from going into game 6 with a 3-2 lead. It's hockey, and when you are playing a team as good as the Penguins, it's not always all in your control. We could have won if some more things were done right, but we also could have won if just a few things bounced a different way. That's hockey. I didn't see heartless play in the least

And yeah. If the team, you know, not one or two guys, but everyone comes out like they did in that game 6 collapse, maybe we should be looking at the guy in charge, not Carter.
Which is why I said most of the blame should go on Stevens. But I would NOT go so far as to say this team competed very well. The Penguins were not at the top of their game that series, and the Flyers should have won. Like I said before, I'm not putting this all on Carter, but I can't believe how quickly some people here jump to exonerate him.

He did NOT have a good series! His injuries do not exempt him from blame! If his shoulder was really affecting his play that much, then he shouldn't have been playing! I don't care how tough you want to be, if your a guy like Jeff Carter who is going to be getting top minutes, then your "tough guy" attitude is just going to hurt the team. I don't understand how everyone here keeps posting about players injuries like that somehow excuses this team from losing!

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

more of the same

Its the playoffs, every body is hurt. Some people more than others, yes. But no one, after an 82 game season is 100% at this time of the year. This is what makes the NHL playoffs so incredible and winning the Stanley Cup such an accomplishment because of the amount of pain that these people must endure to achieve the ultimate goal. Football is similar in that regard that, after 16 games of pounding each other not all of the teams have enough luck to overcome or avoid injuries either... Part of winning a cup is playing through the pain and suffering because you want it more than the other team. Having elite talent sure helps, as it did Pitt this year, because even if they don't play their best game as a team, their superstars can still hang them on their backs and win it. We don't have superstars and to win the team has to play as one (coaching) and the players have to have a gut check and make the other team not want it. Simply put, they didn't want it as bad, as much as we love, and hate some of the players, they didn't get the job done. I hope JC and Richie all the best in their respective recoveries, but at the end of the day they earned themselves a 1st round exit, and that wasn't just from the 6 games played in the post season either. This started down the stretch when the going got tough, and ended with a blown lead in the biggest game of the season at home.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
turkinaa

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._injuries.html

Quote:
Richards will have his first surgery today, and on Monday, four Flyers will travel to Nashville to have hip injuries examined - Simon Gagne, Darroll Powe, Antero Niittymaki and Randy Jones. Powe has a torn labrum. It is not known if the others will require surgery.
No surprises there except for maybe Powe. Nitty has to have hip issues and off season surgery, it is in his contract. Gagne looked like he slowed down at the end of the season (plus he has had injuries like that in the past, mostly groin and shoulder). We all knew that Jones was having issues all year as well.

I'm also liking the fact Carter will rehab over surgery, his injury isn't something you should go under the knife for when you can try to rehab it during the off season.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Which is why I said most of the blame should go on Stevens. But I would NOT go so far as to say this team competed very well. The Penguins were not at the top of their game that series, and the Flyers should have won. Like I said before, I'm not putting this all on Carter, but I can't believe how quickly some people here jump to exonerate him.

He did NOT have a good series! His injuries do not exempt him from blame! If his shoulder was really affecting his play that much, then he shouldn't have been playing! I don't care how tough you want to be, if your a guy like Jeff Carter who is going to be getting top minutes, then your "tough guy" attitude is just going to hurt the team. I don't understand how everyone here keeps posting about players injuries like that somehow excuses this team from losing!
But they didn't win, and it wasn't like this team was playing well going into the playoffs. This team was struggling to score goals going in and they continued it against the Penguins. Just about every player is banged up going into the playoffs so most of them are playing hurt.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote