Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

From NHL.com

Old
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
From NHL.com

I found this to be an interesting read, especially Mike Cammalleri's comments.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420536

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Man i hope he stays, if only for a one year discount ala Hossa.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Complacent Iggy

vCash: 500
Of course he'll stay and re sign with the Flames at a hometown discount. You're forgetting that hockey players throughout the world would jump at the chance to play alongside the greatest captains in the history of the universe.

I was just glad to see Mike didn't get hurt in the playoffs, if he did it would've been a serious blow to his market value in free agency.

Complacent Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:31 AM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Man i hope he stays, if only for a one year discount ala Hossa.
Hossa went to perennial contender for "cheapish".

--

It would be much smarter to deal Jokinen and keep Cammi.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Pacem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkipper View Post
Of course he'll stay and re sign with the Flames at a hometown discount. You're forgetting that hockey players throughout the world would jump at the chance to play alongside the greatest captains in the history of the universe.

I was just glad to see Mike didn't get hurt in the playoffs, if he did it would've been a serious blow to his market value in free agency.
Just make the poll, friend.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Complacent Iggy

Never, Pacem if you're curious to find out with a poll make it yourself.

Wayne Gretzky was traded twice in his career and believe me Wayne is no Iginla! Iggy to me is a mixture of Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, Napolean and Ghandi. The man is a champion, has the heart of a lion, a bona fide leader, and the greatest captain in the history of the universe. Again if you don't believe me ask anyone in the media, they will tell you so.

Remember in game 5 in Chicago as Iggy was skating past the Hawks bench, the opposition couldn't help themselves and praise him. No doubt complimenting him on his heroic, superhuman, warrior like play. With him leading an elite core of Kipper, Phaneuf, Langkow they will be cup champions soon, it's only a matter of time.

Old
04-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Pacem

Quote:
Never, Pacem if you're curious to find out with a poll make it yourself.

Wayne Gretzky was traded twice in his career and believe me Wayne is no Iginla! Iggy to me is a mixture of Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, Napolean and Ghandi. The man is a champion, has the heart of a lion, a bona fide leader, and the greatest captain in the history of the universe. Again if you don't believe me ask anyone in the media, they will tell you so.

Remember in game 5 in Chicago as Iggy was skating past the Hawks bench, the opposition couldn't help themselves and praise him. No doubt complimenting him on his heroic, superhuman, warrior like play. With him leading an elite core of Kipper, Phaneuf, Langkow they will be cup champions soon, it's only a matter of time.

Just make the poll

Old
04-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Complacent Iggy

No, Pacem you're also forgetting the fact that he loves his mother very much, is a well respected member of the community and represents the city of Calgary in a very classy manner. The likes of which has never been seen before in any professional sport.

That being said if he were to be traded to another team the entire city would be affected. The economy is in bad shape as is, could you imagine what would happen to Calgary if he left? Consumer confidence would be at an all time low, people would become severely depressed, a mass exodus to the city he would be traded to would follow, less spending, jobs would be lost, industries would likely fall. I would think Bronco and Stelmach would step in to make sure that this wouldn't happen, they'd have no choice.

Old
04-29-2009, 01:56 AM
Pacem

Quote:
No, Pacem you're also forgetting the fact that he loves his mother very much, is a well respected member of the community and represents the city of Calgary in a very classy manner. The likes of which has never been seen before in any professional sport.

That being said if he were to be traded to another team the entire city would be affected. The economy is in bad shape as is, could you imagine what would happen to Calgary if he left? Consumer confidence would be at an all time low, people would become severely depressed, a mass exodus to the city he would be traded to would follow, less spending, jobs would be lost, industries would likely fall. I would think Bronco and Stelmach would step in to make sure that this wouldn't happen, they'd have no choice.
Just make the poll....

I'm really interested in how much more crap you can spew about nothing, its been quite entertaining. Keep going. You've already done Obama, Swine Flu among others.... maybe you can hit child labour or pollution issues and relate them to Iginla. Think you could do that for me?

Old
04-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Timeless Enigma

I just hope the changes aren't too drastic. I think people saying they should deal Kiprusoff aren't being realistic. The way the Calgary defense is, it's basically Kipper or bust because scoring a better goalie isn't too likely.

It's going to be tough seeing Cammalleri go, I love his attitude and his play is great. He's a small guy who isn't afraid of the physical game.

I don't know whether I'd trade Jokinen and sign Cammalleri, or keep Jokinen and let Cammalleri walk. Jokinen and Iginla didn't show too much chemistry, so they'd probably be on separate lines, but Cammalleri fed off Iginla very well and Iginla became more of the setup man.

I don't think Cammalleri will take a discount though. Sure he likes playing in Calgary but remember he got screwed in arbitration and is still looking for his first big payday.

Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:59 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
Hossa went to perennial contender for "cheapish".

--

It would be much smarter to deal Jokinen and keep Cammi.
Thats my hope, but unlikely to happen.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Flames92

o ya this guys really gonna help us get past the first round

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote