HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we reunite Wheeler/Krejci/Ryder for Canes series??

Old
04-30-2009, 07:36 AM
DarrenBanks56

vCash: 500
Should we reunite Wheeler/Krejci/Ryder for Canes series??

Those 3 couldnt be contained by them during the season. I hope theyre back together for game 1. Put Looch back on the 1st line.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Nope,everything worked out well in the first series and having Axe on the 1st line will be important cause IMO Staal is a much better player then any Montreal Canadien so leave it the way it is and on the pp you change things and move Wheeler up

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Nope,everything worked out well in the first series and having Axe on the 1st line will be important cause IMO Staal is a much better player then any Montreal Canadien so leave it the way it is and on the pp you change things and move Wheeler up
Agreed. I think we go with the lines that carried us in round one, with some contingency plans in case there's a matchup problem.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 11:38 PM
DarrenBanks56

well- it was good to see them reunited and looch back on the first line.
It took all of 20 minutes. Hopfully it stays this way.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

yup

and Julien did which brought immediate success especially to the Savard line

having Axe on the first line actually seems to cause them to spend more time in their own end...

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Colt.45Orr

The fourth looked really good with Axe back on it.

We need to get Wheeler going as a weapon if we are going to win the Cup. Wheel's being eased into the playoffs, but if Lucic is going 1st line than Wheeler needs to go with Krejci. The only time that Krejci didn't produce this year was when Axe was on his wing.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Mount KilimanChara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
The fourth looked really good with Axe back on it.

We need to get Wheeler going as a weapon if we are going to win the Cup. Wheel's being eased into the playoffs, but if Lucic is going 1st line than Wheeler needs to go with Krejci. The only time that Krejci didn't produce this year was when Axe was on his wing.
Not that you should be surprised. 'Twas easy to see, despite the mid season fanfare that our fourth line "suffered" with Axe on it. Hardly ever true. Agree that Wheeler needs to get going if we are to win the Cup, but Julien seems to have promoted him at the right time. He'll score some goals in this series.

I'm more interested in Axe "winning" you over, though, Mr.45. If he builds some points in the later (meaningful) rounds will you give him his propers? Man he missed a golden opportunity while Savvy was playing Gretz but my contention has always been that he'll get that elusive (for him) playoff goal if the Bruins advanced to later rounds. We're there now, and I'm expecting a key goal from the Bruin veteran. You?

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe11sson View Post
Not that you should be surprised. 'Twas easy to see, despite the mid season fanfare that our fourth line "suffered" with Axe on it. Hardly ever true. Agree that Wheeler needs to get going if we are to win the Cup, but Julien seems to have promoted him at the right time. He'll score some goals in this series.

I'm more interested in Axe "winning" you over, though, Mr.45. If he builds some points in the later (meaningful) rounds will you give him his propers? Man he missed a golden opportunity while Savvy was playing Gretz but my contention has always been that he'll get that elusive (for him) playoff goal if the Bruins advanced to later rounds. We're there now, and I'm expecting a key goal from the Bruin veteran. You?
Well, I wouldn't put him in my hockey pool but I hope he can get some points. It isn't that he has to "win me over" it is just that I don't want to see him over-used. He reminds me -at times- of Sean O'Donnell who was a 5/6 before he came here... was our #1 at times and people started to hate him. Then he goes back to a diminished role (with more support) in Anaheim and people are lamenting that we let him go. If he can continue to be a positive force on the PK and 4th line I will love him. If he goes back to playing the PP or Krejci's line it will grate on my last nerve and I'll say a few things about him that are not actually his fault.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 10:24 AM
TimmyVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe11sson View Post

You're just trying to justify having Axe11sson as your screen name,arent you? J/K

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote