Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Power Play - Bergeron

Old
05-02-2009, 08:51 AM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Power Play - Bergeron

Anyone have any concerns about having Bergeron finish power plays and possibly getting caught at defense when the opposition comes back to full strength?
Anybody think we should start with Kessel and Krejci up front and Bergeron and whomever on D? Then finsih with 2 Dmen so when opponents come to full strength if we dont score we have two dmen on the ice?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

We can't wrap Bergeron in gauze and hide him from any form of danger forever. He seems healthy now. Let him play.

Bergeron is a good defensive player. I'm not that worried if it's Bergeron racing back on the shorthanded attempt.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 09:07 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
We can't wrap Bergeron in gauze and hide him from any form of danger forever. He seems healthy now. Let him play.

Bergeron is a good defensive player. I'm not that worried if it's Bergeron racing back on the shorthanded attempt.
Right, Bergy is fine. I'm more worried with Ference on the PP since his shot is aweful.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 09:56 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post

Thats not my point. My point is having a forward being forced to play d when the other team comes back to full-strength, not having to defend any shorthanded forays. During second period PP the bench is at the other end of the ice and I do have concerns he could easily get caught in his own end trying to play a dman which he is not.

Old
05-02-2009, 10:02 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Anyone have any concerns about having Bergeron finish power plays and possibly getting caught at defense when the opposition comes back to full strength?
Anybody think we should start with Kessel and Krejci up front and Bergeron and whomever on D? Then finsih with 2 Dmen so when opponents come to full strength if we dont score we have two dmen on the ice?
It's a good point. Although I have seen Bergeron play a little D (while shorthanded), and do a decent job. So I'd expect he'd survive a few seconds of 5/5 play if he had to.

I think they do it, the way they do it, because they believe the Savard unit is better than the Krejci one, and the unit that comes out first, usually gets more PP time because they don't have to interrupt the flow of play to change up. The second unit seems to be pretty mindful of the clock, and gets off ever before the PP expires.

It looks like the 1st unit gets about 1:10, the 2nd gets 30-40 seconds, and then, if possible, Julien puts the Yelle line out in the closing seconds.

My biggest concern right now, regarding the PP is, how much willl they miss Hunwick?

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
I have concerns about Bergeron on the point on the PP period. I think its always risky having a forward play the point and this team is good enough that they don't need to be risky.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Frankie Spankie

I'm not sure if this is true but I could have sworn I remember reading somewhere that Bergeron was actually a defenseman until he was like 14-15 where the coach made him play up because of his speed. If that's the case, he's the one forward aside from Axe that I would want to be the one on the point.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejci46 View Post
I'm not sure if this is true but I could have sworn I remember reading somewhere that Bergeron was actually a defenseman until he was like 14-15 where the coach made him play up because of his speed. If that's the case, he's the one forward aside from Axe that I would want to be the one on the point.
I don't doubt you, but I feel a whole lot better if he had been a dman beyond Bantam level hockey.

Old
05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
DOGSTARMAN

>>We can't wrap Bergeron in gauze and hide him from any form of danger forever. He seems healthy now. Let him play.

I don't think he's talking about his health, I think he's talking about him being a defensive liability when playing the point.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

One thing I noticed about Carolina is that they love to take away time and space on the PK. They chase the puck and really put pressure on the point men.

In this case, I'd rather have Bergeron holding the line then a guy like Stuart or Ward. While they aren't inept, Bergeron is just that much more skilled when it comes to controlling the puck under pressure.

All in all, I don't think our PP will be winning us this series, but if we start taking stupid penalties our PK could very well hurt us. Carolina is lethal from the point the and Boston tends to give up those shots.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 12:06 PM
FutureConsiderations

Bergeron is probably the second-best defensive forward on the team, third best on the ice (Brind'amour). I wouldn't worry about him being forced to play D once in a blue moon if it means a good point man on the PP.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 12:06 PM
hoss75

I'm more concerned with the fact that our power play has been sucking.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I'm more concerned with the fact that our power play has been sucking.
In one game, after a 9 day layoff. They just missed a few chances to burn em. The PP is fine and tore Montreal to pieces last series.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Bruwinz37

I cant seem to come up with any complaints about much of anything.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote