Notices

Pre-game festivities.......

Old
05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
PandaBonJovi

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PandaBonJovi
Pre-game festivities.......

any special pre-game festivities like block parties, etc......going on before the game on Sunday Night???

PandaBonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Loocheech

Not sure, me and my brother will be there though

Loocheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 08:30 PM
eman1966
Rookie User

Send a message via AIM to eman1966
We're all coming to your house, Panda.

eman1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Just found out I'm going to game 2! Hope there's something fun going on beforehand because I plan on going early!

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Whatever you do, you'll have fun.

This was my friend, a Habs fan, before game 1. Pretty tame here, but things got crazy after a few more drinks.

Also, there is some adult language in the video...

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 08:34 AM
ChrisF

Wow, that vid almost makes me feel sorry for him and other Habs fans. I had the same look of fear and despair in my eyes as a Red Sox fan going to school in The Bronx (Fordham University) during the Yankees late 90's, early 00's run. I spent nearly every Yankee Red Sox game (sans Sox hat) in the stadium Bleachers and having a bunch of New York goons shout 'Boston Sucks' and '1918' around me made wish I had chosen BC or Holy Cross. Since Habs fans overran Causeway St last year, I'm glad we're not letting them get too comfy in Boston... as long as things stay somewhat civil.

ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Wow, that vid almost makes me feel sorry for him and other Habs fans. I had the same look of fear and despair in my eyes as a Red Sox fan going to school in The Bronx (Fordham University) during the Yankees late 90's, early 00's run. I spent nearly every Yankee Red Sox game (sans Sox hat) in the stadium Bleachers and having a bunch of New York goons shout 'Boston Sucks' and '1918' around me made wish I had chosen BC or Holy Cross. Since Habs fans overran Causeway St last year, I'm glad we're not letting them get too comfy in Boston... as long as things stay somewhat civil.
Chris my gf is a Fordham grad as well. During the 04 series the school actually sent out an email to students warning them not to wear Boston gear on the streets!

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Anybody got any suggestions of what to do/where to go pre-game? I know that question has been asked here so much it's been beaten into the ground sorry but I'm just trying to figure out what to do because I plan on getting into Boston around 5:30

Old
05-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Anybody got any suggestions of what to do/where to go pre-game? I know that question has been asked here so much it's been beaten into the ground sorry but I'm just trying to figure out what to do because I plan on getting into Boston around 5:30
I'm a Hurricane O'Reilly's proponent, usually easy to get a table or room to move, good food and $2.25 miller hi lifes

Beer Works is pretty sterile. Great beer obviously, but IMO the food and service sucks. Had some horrible experiences.

The Fours is great if you can get in and move.

Sports Grille has an awesome beer selection and the food is good. They have a ton of TV's and no space for human beings to move. It's like pregaming in solitary confinement.

Sullivan's Tap is a classic. Like walking around in 1983, smells horribly, endearingly terrible service. Cheap beer.

Penalty Box. Also a classic. Always smells like paint for some reason.

1/2 Time Pizza. Gigantic beers for just $8. Pizza's OK. Room to move in the back, plus there's the "secret" side entrance.

Old
05-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post
I'm a Hurricane O'Reilly's proponent, usually easy to get a table or room to move, good food and $2.25 miller hi lifes

Beer Works is pretty sterile. Great beer obviously, but IMO the food and service sucks. Had some horrible experiences.

The Fours is great if you can get in and move.

Sports Grille has an awesome beer selection and the food is good. They have a ton of TV's and no space for human beings to move. It's like pregaming in solitary confinement.

Sullivan's Tap is a classic. Like walking around in 1983, smells horribly, endearingly terrible service. Cheap beer.

Penalty Box. Also a classic. Always smells like paint for some reason.

1/2 Time Pizza. Gigantic beers for just $8. Pizza's OK. Room to move in the back, plus there's the "secret" side entrance.

Still have another year to go for the beer
Unless Mass suddenly became not so strict with ID's
I was more or less asking for food, crowds, and a time-killer.

But Hurricane O'Reillys sounds like a good idea for the food. Is it close to the Garden (I know where the sports grille is because I found it by accident, but other than that I'm not familiar with Boston at all)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old
05-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Still have another year to go for the beer
Unless Mass suddenly became not so strict with ID's
I was more or less asking for food, crowds, and a time-killer.

But Hurricane O'Reillys sounds like a good idea for the food. Is it close to the Garden (I know where the sports grille is because I found it by accident, but other than that I'm not familiar with Boston at all)

Thanks for the suggestions.
Gotcha... Hurricanes is right on Canal Street with all of the aformentioned bars.

The Fours does have really good food if you can get a spot (also on that same strip)