HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is Dave Inman?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
  #1
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Where is Dave Inman?

His #'s last year between Charlotte and the AHL weren't that bad, is he signed? If so does he have a future in our organization?

icthelight is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
  #2
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
His #'s last year between Charlotte and the AHL weren't that bad, is he signed? If so does he have a future in our organization?
He is not Rangers property any more, I know Lowell signed him to an AHL contract last year, but don't know if he's back again this year for them, but he is on their roster. I talked briefly with Don MacAdam, the coach of the Checkers last season and he was quite high on Inman...

Fish is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
  #3
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
He is not Rangers property any more, I know Lowell signed him to an AHL contract last year, but don't know if he's back again this year for them, but he is on their roster. I talked briefly with Don MacAdam, the coach of the Checkers last season and he was quite high on Inman...

Then I guessed we botched that one and thanks for the insight fish.

icthelight is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
  #4
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Can I see a profile of him....?

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 05:56 PM
  #5
Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
Then I guessed we botched that one and thanks for the insight fish.
Not necessarily...he was a bit of an up and down performer with Notre Dame and though I like what I saw of him in the pre-season a couple of years back, I thought he might have some trouble finishing at the NHL level. He did seem to struggle with the Pack last year from what I've heard...

Fish is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 06:12 PM
  #6
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Not necessarily...he was a bit of an up and down performer with Notre Dame and though I like what I saw of him in the pre-season a couple of years back, I thought he might have some trouble finishing at the NHL level. He did seem to struggle with the Pack last year from what I've heard...

To my knowledge he didn't play for Hartford last year, he started at Charlotte and then was loaned to Lowell. I can't get his stats for some reason, but i do recall that he had about 12 goals in 30 or so games(not positive, but i did follow him after he left Charlotte).

icthelight is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 06:48 PM
  #7
Kubera55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Inman's undersized, 24, and scores about 0.5 PPG at the AHL level with no particular defensive of physical dimension to his style of play. Put simply, he's a scorer who can't score.

Imagine Garth Murray without the grit.
Imagine Jed Ortmeyer without the hitting, defense, and effort.
Imagine Dominic Moore, slower, less physical, less defensively responsible, and not as good a scorer even though he's two years older.

I'm not exactly crying over him . . .

Kubera55 is offline  
Old
09-21-2004, 08:31 PM
  #8
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Probably one of the most skilled forwards I've seen come out of the OHA in recent years. But man his hockey sense is non-existent.

I'll be shocked if the guy ever becomes more than TOPS a mediocre AHL scorer.

Edge is offline  
Old
09-22-2004, 07:21 AM
  #9
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
To my knowledge he didn't play for Hartford last year, he started at Charlotte and then was loaned to Lowell. I can't get his stats for some reason, but i do recall that he had about 12 goals in 30 or so games(not positive, but i did follow him after he left Charlotte).
Here are the stats from Hockeydb.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=45001

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
09-22-2004, 08:09 AM
  #10
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 78,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
Can I see a profile of him....?
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=4975

Thats mine from a while ago when he was first comming out of school.

ECL is online now  
Old
09-22-2004, 08:11 AM
  #11
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,215
vCash: 500
I saw Dave Inman recently...

He was bagging Groceries at Super Stop and Shop.

:lol :lol

pld459666 is offline  
Old
09-22-2004, 08:12 AM
  #12
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 78,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Probably one of the most skilled forwards I've seen come out of the OHA in recent years. But man his hockey sense is non-existent.

I'll be shocked if the guy ever becomes more than TOPS a mediocre AHL scorer.
It's a shame he doesn't have the hockey smarts. I mean, the kid seemed to be a decent kid who knew he had to improve in order to make it. I think he was one of the most naturally skilled guys I've seen play out of college in a while. He's just dumber on the ice than Rico Fata. I think Inman's problem is he doesn't have the blazing speed Fata did - THAN he'd be in the NHL. But he's just an above average skater, really.

I don't know. There's still hope, even for him, but it's slim right now.

ECL is online now  
Old
09-22-2004, 08:15 PM
  #13
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
See now I always personally liked Fata but felt scenarios werent right.

In Juniors a lot of pressure was put on him to be the next one and he simply wasn't going to be that. Even in juniors I thought he was a better winger than center. Add to that Calgary rushing him and you have a player who just needed time to develop. Fata regardless of not being a GREAT player is still a good one. Now at 24 he's primed to be a solid 20-25 goal scorer for the next 10 years or so.

Inman was just lost out there and didn't have anything backing him up. He didn't have Fata's speed or even the same edge Fata has shown when provoked.

I think the thing with Inman also was that he just didn't learn to improve. Fata advanced because he learned to better harness his speed and round out his game a little.

Edge is offline  
Old
09-23-2004, 12:15 AM
  #14
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 78,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
The thing with Inman is he had Fata's smarts and more tools (minus the speed). And without that speed, he's nothing.

ECL is online now  
Old
09-23-2004, 02:49 PM
  #15
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
man that 99' entry draft was weak.

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
  #16
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
The thing with Inman is he had Fata's smarts and more tools (minus the speed). And without that speed, he's nothing.
See i think Fata's skills have been underrated. I've seen plenty of guys over the years who could fly and can't score. I mean 20-25 goals in today's NHL ain't too shabby.

Edge is offline  
Old
09-23-2004, 07:34 PM
  #17
icthelight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
See i think Fata's skills have been underrated. I've seen plenty of guys over the years who could fly and can't score. I mean 20-25 goals in today's NHL ain't too shabby.

I completely agree, when Fata was with the Rangers I saw potential in him because of his amazing speed and work ethic. Too bad we had to package him for that schlub Kovalev.

icthelight is offline  
Old
09-23-2004, 08:16 PM
  #18
bmoak
Registered User
 
bmoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
man that 99' entry draft was weak.
Look at '96 if you want to see a bad draft.

bmoak is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.