HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

I'll tell you what pisses me off!

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2004, 10:30 AM
mr gib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Geeezz,i wonder why they were offering 3 mill,i'm talking about the retarded contracts 2 years before that..Lindros,Kariya,Sundin,Jagr and Sakic's contracts come to mind. I forget who started it but theres no way in hell Jagr would get 11 mill unless Sundin was getting 8-9 at the time,its crap and it snowballed after that, those type contracts ruined the CBA, not a bidding war over Lapoint or Rolston
teddy aol dood was flush with soon to be gone .sclong money and wanted the number 1 toy in the league at the time

Old
09-23-2004, 10:36 AM
mr gib

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurCHAOS
It's funny to see people who probably doesn't make the 10th or even the 100th, probably never won't, defending those half brains. ******* wake up ! Poor poooooooooooor players , if their salaries drop by half, they won't be able to have their new Ferrari eh ? Yeah right... :lol

They're a bunch of morons trying to make fans complain for them... but hey, fortunately, some fans are just more intelligent than 'em... in fact, most of the fans... hum, perhaps... am I right or... ?

BUT at the same time, do we really need to be on owner's side ?? I mean, for most of these owners, their teams are just pricey toys. They have other occupations to gain enough money to feed their greedy ***. They must still pay the price for the greed they displayed... But do we need to always live in the past ? They made errors... can't they at least try to heal the wounds ??

You know what ? At the beginning of this conflict, neither sides interested me, cause they both seemed like a greedy bunch of ********. My opinion has changed. I listened to Bettman and Goodenow answering the fans, and although I never liked Bettman, I can say I HATE Goodenow... he's a real political worm who don't even care about US, the fans who PAYS for them. We won't accept a salary cap, cause it's evil, the NHL are terrorists who tries to prey on us... I saw that somewhere... anyway ! Even if their salaries are cut in half, they'll still make more than any of us can dream of.

Is it logic that these muscle-bound-pea-brained-miracle-on-ice-dancers make that much for, well, PLAYING hockey ? Hum...
thats funny - i had to admit i was mildly disgusted to see anson carter's custom mercedes - on tv

Old
09-24-2004, 03:36 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr gib
however tv ratings continue to decline for the big three - i think the retard lives in wisconsin - ( bud selig )
Not sure about the NBA but the NFL broke an 11 year record last year for TV ratings!

Closed Thread