HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trading the Top 11 Immovable Contracts

Old
05-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
how about Penner??

...I'll say this player is VERY tradeable, but Jordan Staal is overpaid!
Talk about overpaid!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:37 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Can you name the 9 centers who face the other teams best and outscore them at an elite 1 goal every 9 games. Plus had .75 points per game or better the last two years. What do they make for the next 6 years.

Datsyuk---1.19PPG---6.7M---5years then UFA
S. Crosby---1.35PPG---8.6M---4years then UFA
E. Malkin---1.35PPG---8.7M---5Years Then UFA
J. Thorton---1.11PPG---7.2M---2Years then UFA
M. Richards---1.02---6.7M---6years still under contract.
E. Stall---.96---8.1M---6years then one more year at 9.5M
H. Sedin---.96---To be asking 6.5-7M next year.
J. carter---.84---5.25M next two years then RFA. Cha Ching
S. Horcoff---.78---5.5M next 6Years then UFA.

While most people do not apprecite horcoffs defensive intangibles these 9 centers beat the best.

There is a young man that will be part of the group next year.
Travis Zajac NJ RFA .76PPG Does jersey have 5M for him.
This list is complete ********. Where is Marc Savard? 40 goals in 156 games equals a goal every 3.9 games, and he's been a 1.06 ppg player the past 2 years.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
This list is complete ********. Where is Marc Savard? 40 goals in 156 games equals a goal every 3.9 games, and he's been a 1.06 ppg player the past 2 years.
Pfft. In what ****ing fantasy world is Marc Savard in the same stratosphere as Crosby, Malkin, and Horcoff?

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:42 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Pfft. In what ****ing fantasy world is Marc Savard in the same stratosphere as Crosby, Malkin, and Horcoff?

Old
05-04-2009, 08:45 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
AlMo

Quote:
See post #64. It will help you with your lack of understanding how to beat the other teams.
Glad you're happy with it, I wouldn't touch that contract.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 09:00 AM
AlMo

I know some people here are defending certain players on their team but the point is how attractive their contracts are. Yes Briere may be a productive center but there are not many teams that are going to take that contract because of the term. In some instances, certain players have much more value to their team than they do around the league.

I have no doubt that playes like Richards or Dumont contribute to their teams and aren't heading anywhere but the question was regarding unmoveable contracts. I'm sure these players would get some interest around the league but that interest might be very minimal.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

briere to atl for pavelec and a pick is what will happen imo.

maybe some spare parts going each way as well

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 10:26 AM
me123456789

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
What about something like this?

Rozsival to Dallas for a 2nd 09 and 3rd '10

Gomez+Byers+3rd'10(Dallas) for Souray and Penner

Edmonton would save some cap space and the Rangers add some size and a point shot to replace Rozsival.
A big no from Edmonton's standpoint. We give up our PP quarterback, who was also tied for 2nd in points with Horc. With Gomez and Horcoff we would have 2 Center's on our team who together would take up 13 million dollars in cap space and who scored a combined 111 points last season.

me123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:00 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
vanek? haha....way to go..lowe!

Not that he isn't a perennial 40 scorer or anything....but...huge contract. Seems to be working out though.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I don't think Bergeron has that bad of a contract
Agreed. Also I am not a big pens fan but would like to see what him and crosby can do in the nhl together.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:31 PM
dlaf87

Quote:
Can you name the 9 centers who face the other teams best and outscore them at an elite 1 goal every 9 games. Plus had .75 points per game or better the last two years. What do they make for the next 6 years.

Datsyuk---1.19PPG---6.7M---5years then UFA
S. Crosby---1.35PPG---8.6M---4years then UFA
E. Malkin---1.35PPG---8.7M---5Years Then UFA
J. Thorton---1.11PPG---7.2M---2Years then UFA
M. Richards---1.02---6.7M---6years still under contract.
E. Stall---.96---8.1M---6years then one more year at 9.5M
H. Sedin---.96---To be asking 6.5-7M next year.
J. carter---.84---5.25M next two years then RFA. Cha Ching
S. Horcoff---.78---5.5M next 6Years then UFA.

While most people do not apprecite horcoffs defensive intangibles these 9 centers beat the best.

There is a young man that will be part of the group next year.
Travis Zajac NJ RFA .76PPG Does jersey have 5M for him.
I know not everybody believes he is "elite" but Jason Spezza deserves to be on this list or any list regarding top centermen.

Spezza---1.04 PPG---0.41 GPG---7M---6years.

Also, I believe Ryan Getzlaf deserves some recognition.

Getzlaf---1.09 PPG---0.31 GPG---5.3M---4years.

There you have too players who are far better than Horcoff by no streach of the imagination.

Also, on a side note, isn't it interesting to see that most of these players are canadian. Which leads me to think that there will be a bunch of great players not on team Canada in Vancouver.

dlaf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by me123456789 View Post
A big no from Edmonton's standpoint. We give up our PP quarterback, who was also tied for 2nd in points with Horc. With Gomez and Horcoff we would have 2 Center's on our team who together would take up 13 million dollars in cap space and who scored a combined 111 points last season.
But Edmonton would actually be saving money in the deal. I read somewhere Souray wanted out of Edmonton. If that is incorrect then I cant see this happening.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I would rather have Fisher, Nylander or Bergeron's contracts than Lupul's or Penner's contracts.
i agree with this

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
itstheroc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
briere to atl for pavelec and a pick is what will happen imo.

maybe some spare parts going each way as well
briere's NMC says hi.

itstheroc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i agree with this
Why?

Lupul is better than Fisher and cheaper.

He's younger than Nylander and currently better than him...and cheaper.

Bergeron was better pre-concussion, but had 17 less goals than Lupul this season...and if he doesn't get his game back he may cost Boston quite a bit if they risk it and keep him.

That comment was just a blind theory that has nothing to do with reality.

Old
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Why?

Lupul is better than Fisher and cheaper.

He's younger than Nylander and currently better than him...and cheaper.

Bergeron was better pre-concussion, but had 17 less goals than Lupul this season...and if he doesn't get his game back he may cost Boston quite a bit if they risk it and keep him.

That comment was just a blind theory that has nothing to do with reality.
I hope that was a joke, or I will question you even know what you're talking about.

Old
05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
twenty2

Quote:
I hope that was a joke, or I will question you even know what you're talking about.
How is Bergeron flat-out better than Lupul post-concussion? He does a lot more on the ice than Lupul who looks like he floats from time to time. Bergeron's also better both ways. Still Lupul put up quite a few more points than him.

I'm not saying I personally wouldn't take Bergeron over Lupul. I'm saying it's a lot closer than the comment that was made, and I certainly would take Lupul over Nylander and Fisher.

And yes, Bergeron's contract could cost you if you stick with him and he doesn't produce more. Kessel and Krejci need new contracts. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose them because of Bergeron, but something's gotta give.

Old
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

There is a reason Penner is not on that list....

He had the best +/- on the Oilers, put up decent numbers at even strength, and played on the 3rd/4th line most the year because MacTavish is an idiot. He doesn't have a ton of years left, and is still pretty young.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
How is Bergeron flat-out better than Lupul post-concussion? He does a lot more on the ice than Lupul who looks like he floats from time to time. Bergeron's also better both ways. Still Lupul put up quite a few more points than him.
Bergeron was not in game-shape for the first 20 games. He needed to get his full legs under him, by that time he was bumped to full-time 3rd line roll and linemates. Instead of putting up a fight, he enbraced the role.
The Patrice Boston fans loved (pre-concussion) finally returned shorty after the trade dealine when he started playing with Recchi and Kobasew. Go look at his numbers or watch a game of his. He's 95% back to form.
Quote:
And yes, Bergeron's contract could cost you if you stick with him and he doesn't produce more. Kessel and Krejci need new contracts. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose them because of Bergeron, but something's gotta give.
Look through this thread, their are 15+ clubs that would take him in a heart beat. The 4 other clubs in the Northeast alone would love to have him. He would be the 1st line center on 3 of those clubs.

Old
05-04-2009, 01:24 PM
twenty2

Well he would likely be the 5th best center on the Flyers. We aren't interested.

That being said Bergeron has been my favorite player on the Bruins for a while now. It sucked when it was one of us who gave him that concussion. And if you say it's all about being in game shape then I guess I'll take your word for it.

Just a note it didn't take months for Briere, Gagne, or any other players coming back from severe injury on the Flyers to get back into game shape...just saying.

Old
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Well he would likely be the 5th best center on the Flyers. We aren't interested.
You clearly have not watched 1 Bruins game for the past 3 months.
Quote:
And if you say it's all about being in game shape then I guess I'll take your word for it.
The guy hadn't played in almost a year... It takes some time to get back in the swing of things. I was figuring it was going to take 50 games.
Quote:
Just a note it didn't take months for Briere, Gagne, or any other players coming back from severe injury on the Flyers to get back into game shape...just saying.
Neither Briere or Gagne missed almost a complete season. Gagne's situation is close to Patrice's (close, not the same). Bergeron played the 1st 10 games of the season, then was physically unable to work-out until close to the end of the season. He wasn't even riding a bike for most of the season due to the pain it caused. Gagne wasn't even lost for the 2007-08 season until February 12, 2008. He was still able to work out and stay in shape. Two completely different situations.

Old
05-04-2009, 01:49 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
You clearly have not watched 1 Bruins game for the past 3 months.
The guy hadn't played in almost a year... It takes some time to get back in the swing of things. I was figuring it was going to take 50 games.

Neither Briere or Gagne missed almost a complete season. Gagne's situation is close to Patrice's (close, not the same). Bergeron played the 1st 10 games of the season, then was physically unable to work-out until close to the end of the season. He wasn't even riding a bike for most of the season due to the pain it caused. Gagne wasn't even lost for the 2007-08 season until February 12, 2008. He was still able to work out and stay in shape. Two completely different situations.
Is not beyond the realm of possibility for a Flyers fan, or anyone else for that matter, to prefer Carter, Richards, Briere and Giroux and say that Bergeron would be the 5th best center on the Flyers. Giroux is the questin-mark right now, but he has looked very, very impressive thus far.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 01:56 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:

I'm not saying I personally wouldn't take Bergeron over Lupul. I'm saying it's a lot closer than the comment that was made, and I certainly would take Lupul over Nylander and Fisher.

Post lockout:
Lupul = 297-89-88-177... lazy pansey
Fisher = 293-80-91-171... one of the better hitters in the NHL with a recent Selke nomination under his belt who always gives maximum effort.
I can see how 6 points over 4 years would confuse you.

Nylander... despite Washington not really having a place for him this season, has average 20 more points per 82 games post lockout than Lupul. This seasons decline wasn't due to age and he'd still be the #1 center on at least 10 teams in the NHL.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
Is not beyond the realm of possibility for a Flyers fan, or anyone else for that matter, to prefer Carter, Richards, Briere and Giroux and say that Bergeron would be the 5th best center on the Flyers. Giroux is the questin-mark right now, but he has looked very, very impressive thus far.
If you have not watched him the past 3 months, and are going just on numbers, sure. If you have actually watched a Bruins game since the trade deadline you would not have this opinion. He was Boston's (#1 team in the east, #1 in goals against, #2 in goals scored) best forward for their final 20 games, and the 1st round of the playoffs.

Yea, his 8 goals, 39 points in 64 games is not all that impressive unless you watched him all year. He was pretty awful for the first chunk of the year, was finally starting to play well, then got injured again, and thankfully didn't regress when he came back.