HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trading the Top 11 Immovable Contracts

Old
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
twenty2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
You clearly have not watched 1 Bruins game for the past 3 months.
That's absolute bull. I've seen plenty of Boston games. Probably the 3rd most games I've watched this season as far as teams go.

Bergeron would be behind Richards, Carter, Briere, and Giroux on the Flyers depth chart. Thinking anything different is just overvaluing Bergeron IMMENSELY.

Quote:
The guy hadn't played in almost a year... It takes some time to get back in the swing of things. I was figuring it was going to take 50 games.
Gagne had the same injury, came back, and scored goals in like the first 6 games after missing nearly the entire season.

Quote:
Briere or Gagne missed almost a complete season. Gagne's situation is close to Patrice's (close, not the same). Bergeron played the 1st 10 games of the season, then was physically unable to work-out until close to the end of the season. He wasn't even riding a bike for most of the season due to the pain it caused. Gagne wasn't even lost for the 2007-08 season until February 12, 2008. He was still able to work out and stay in shape. Two completely different situations.
You're right. Gagne's situation was different. He was injured early in the season. Missed a bunch of games, came back, and suffered a relapse immediately. Most of his 25 games were played WITH a concussion.

Briere also missed a significant chunk of this season and came back effectively after a week or two.

Gagne was physically unable to work out until the summer. Likely the same situation with Bergeron.

I would go ahead and claim that you obviously don't watch Flyers games, and while I would be right saying something like that is a complete cop out.

You made decent claims at first, but now you're just being a homer.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 02:02 PM
twenty2

Quote:
If you have not watched him the past 3 months, and are going just on numbers, sure. If you have actually watched a Bruins game since the trade deadline you would not have this opinion. He was Boston's (#1 team in the east, #1 in goals against, #2 in goals scored) best forward for their final 20 games, and the 1st round of the playoffs.

Yea, his 8 goals, 39 points in 64 games is not all that impressive unless you watched him all year. He was pretty awful for the first chunk of the year, was finally starting to play well, then got injured again, and thankfully didn't regress when he came back.
Yawn. This is getting old.

Do you honestly believe if he was on the Philadelphia roster now he'd be playing center over any of the following: Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux? If you do then I don't know what to tell you.

Old
05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Yawn. This is getting old.

Do you honestly believe if he was on the Philadelphia roster now he'd be playing center over any of the following: Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux? If you do then I don't know what to tell you.
He would be playing the same role he's playing in Boston, and Philadelphia would still be in the playoffs.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
twenty2

Quote:
He would be playing the same role he's playing in Boston, and Philadelphia would still be in the playoffs.
Unless Bergeron is going to play between the pipes then no...

Old
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Caseman

How is Brad Richards an "immovable" contract if he was traded just a season and a half ago?

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Pfft. In what ****ing fantasy world is Marc Savard in the same stratosphere as Crosby, Malkin, and Horcoff?
I hope you just forgot to put the next to Horcoff

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:43 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
This list is complete ********. Where is Marc Savard? 40 goals in 156 games equals a goal every 3.9 games, and he's been a 1.06 ppg player the past 2 years.
What you have to appreciate is how finely tuned these statistics are. It takes really precise mathematics to find a way to put Horcoff on the same lists as Malkin and Datsyuk and Thornton.

Does Marc Savard average over 0.8 EFTZOI against players whose APPEOI is over 0.9? No? Then he's disqualified from the list. That's as simple as I can make it. oilerbear can explain it better than that, but basically it's all about the EFTZOI. You can't really appreciate how great Horcoff is without looking at the EFTZOI and PPTCK% stats.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
What you have to appreciate is how finely tuned these statistics are. It takes really precise mathematics to find a way to put Horcoff on the same lists as Malkin and Datsyuk and Thornton.

Does Marc Savard average over 0.8 EFTZOI against players whose APPEOI is over 0.9? No? Then he's disqualified from the list. That's as simple as I can make it. oilerbear can explain it better than that, but basically it's all about the EFTZOI. You can't really appreciate how great Horcoff is without looking at the EFTZOI and PPTCK% stats.
This board definitely needs a Wall of Fame for posts like this. Great stuff!

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Mason530

Some are just long like Vinny..........He performs, just his team doesn't want to burden the payroll. So, your title isn't exactly right.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:09 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Did you forget Horcoff?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
I hope you just forgot to put the next to Horcoff
He was being ironical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post

That's classic dude! I'm seriously considering the 12 bucks to get that full sentence as my sig.

FYI: I can only imagine the pain you go through everyday with the following that behindthenet has on the Edm board.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Oh look, former Sabres that were overpaid to leave them.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post

That's classic dude! I'm seriously considering the 12 bucks to get that full sentence as my sig.
Boo at a Mod not being a sponsor.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I'd say Blakes contract is worse than Fingers, if only for term. We are paying Blake well past his prime.
fixed

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:32 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Finally, another trade proposal that features two Immovable List members and one nominee:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damicius View Post
Gomez+Sjostrom for Horcoff+Penner

Sjostrom is good 3rd line player, who cant get the chance in NY, Voros can play the 4th line with Betts and Orr.

Horcoff needs new challenge, Penner is overpaid, so he will fit in Rangers team.

Gomez has 7,35 caphit vs. Horcoff 5,5 +Penner 4,25
Rangers can afford it.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...4#post19512294

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Rozsival should be on that list. I just double checked his contract (to make sure the length was enough to garner mention here) and actually laughed out loud.

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:46 AM
Someone

Lecavalier, Richards, Jovanovski, Bergeron and Dumont could all probably be moved fairly easy, and I'm sure I'm missing a few from that list. There are plenty of teams that would love to add Lecavalier and Bergeron, and unless I'm missing something, 3 years at $4 for a first line winger in Dumont is good value. Richards and Jovo are overpaid, but their contracts are almost finished, and there are certainly teams that are after similar players, and would probably be willing to pay the money to better their teams.

Hell, guys like Gomez, Briere, Campbell, Smyth and Dipietro could probably be moved. It might mean taking back another big contract, but there were other teams bidding on these guys in free agency, they probably would still be willing to take them if they could offload another bad contract and don't have to give up anything significant. In Dipietro's case, the guy has proven he's worth the coin, providing he can stay healthy. There could very well be teams out there that feel he's worth the risk.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 07:09 PM
fallout

horces isent that bad

fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
smokes lets go

what is it going to take Chicago to move Campbell's and Huet's contracts?

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
crucifux

Brett Clark at 3.5 is pretty brutal.

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodILoveHockey View Post
Rozsival should be on that list. I just double checked his contract (to make sure the length was enough to garner mention here) and actually laughed out loud.
3 more years is certainly a monstrosity

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Deigler

add Lalongo to the list

Deigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 02:09 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
McKee could be a highly attractive deadline trade even if the Blues are headed toward the playoffs, but only if they're healthy on D and Alex Pietrangelo is contributing and Brewer's healthy.

McKee -- deservedly -- has a playoff reputation, and at the deadline he's a ~1M rental. That's enough where the Blues could expect a legitimate return (maybe a 2d/3d or a prospect).

All in all, nice to have him as the only Blue who should be on this list. Things are looking up in St. Louis with mostly good contracts, the ones that are bad coming off in a season, and the prospect pipeline.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Just ran accross this gem of an intra-immovable-contracts trade proposal in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadsweat View Post
...if I had a choice I would just offer [TOR] Blake and Finger for [NYR] Gomez, but I would be flamed to death...

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote