HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

vapor vs supreme skates

Old
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM
joeydzzle

vCash: 500
yeah... i still have no idea whats wrong so different between my old skates and my new ones. one of the differences i noticed is that my old skates were SOOOOO dull compared to my new ones. but i still feel that there is a HUGE difference between the leans in my old ones and new ones.

I thik i'll just take them to my local skate store and ask them whats up.

joeydzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydzzle View Post
yeah... i still have no idea whats wrong so different between my old skates and my new ones. one of the differences i noticed is that my old skates were SOOOOO dull compared to my new ones. but i still feel that there is a HUGE difference between the leans in my old ones and new ones.

I thik i'll just take them to my local skate store and ask them whats up.
what model were the supremes you used? the pitch shouldnt be that much different. not enough to make you not be able to skate on them

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post
Vapor6s for 99?

You are being ripped off. Period.

If they've had a skate for 7 years, you should be able to get it (top of the line, mind you) for no more than $100. And those aren't top of the line skates.

My buddy got into hockey in 2006 and bought Vapor6s for $140, new. Seriously that is expensive for those skates. You shoudn't be paying more than $50 for those new skates. And IIRC, those skates suck, too. Im pretty sure the steel doesn't come out, and it overall was pretty cheap. He quit hockey 6 months later stating he hated his equipment, but didn't want to spend another 500 to get better equipment.

I really do not recommend getting those, unless you totally can get them for like $40.
I've already been using them for 6 years and wish to have another pair of exactly the same thing because they're awesome.

$99 is still a good price ... post a link with some exacts and I'll buy those at your lower price you claimed I should be able to.

I can't find any so your help would be appreciated. If you cannot then I am getting these from that site. I still say there are not any for any cheaper. I paid close to $300 ($270+ tax or some crap, I forgets now) in 2002 for the ones I own already and thay have been absolutely super.

Also they have the Custom+ Tuuk holders and runners.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I've already been using them for 6 years and wish to have another pair of exactly the same thing because they're awesome.

$99 is still a good price ... post a link with some exacts and I'll buy those at your lower price you claimed I should be able to.

I can't find any so your help would be appreciated. If you cannot then I am getting these from that site. I still say there are not any for any cheaper. I paid close to $300 ($270+ tax or some crap, I forgets now) in 2002 for the ones I own already and thay have been absolutely super.

i have capor 10s that have the custom+. i also have a pair of supreme 2000s that have custom+. custom+ holders and runners are great

Old
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
raganblink

Quote:

300$ really? I hope this is Canadian money during 02 and not USD. You got ripped off. I don't know anywhere that would have that old of a vapor6. Hell if your looking to buy some my buddy still has his pair and would sell them for 20USD + shipping.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post
300$ really? I hope this is Canadian money during 02 and not USD. You got ripped off. I don't know anywhere that would have that old of a vapor6. Hell if your looking to buy some my buddy still has his pair and would sell them for 20USD + shipping.
Thanks for the links to all the incredible bargains YOU were bragging about for the same skate at $40.

The price for the Vapor 6s in 2002 were $269.99 plus tax comes to "around" $300 in the US. I didn't get ripped off, the 6s were the second to top of the line skate. For $99 an incredible bargain.

Whatev ... thanks.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 05-05-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old
05-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Parisex9

Send a message via AIM to Parisex9
Quote:
Thanks for the links to all the incredible bargains YOU were bragging about for the same skate at $40.

The price for the Vapor 6s in 2002 were $269.99 plus tax comes to "around" $300 in the US. I didn't get ripped off, the 6s were the second to top of the line skate. For $99 an incredible bargain.

Whatev ... thanks.

im new to hockey and i bought these http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nbh-hock...por-ix-sr.htmlfor 50$ (vapor 9's) are they any good?

Parisex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisex9 View Post
im new to hockey and i bought these http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nbh-hock...por-ix-sr.htmlfor 50$ (vapor 9's) are they any good?
for recreation, maybe not but i would get a new pair if you are going to play in any kind of league

Old
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisex9 View Post
Being new to hockey they would probably be good for you for what you are going to do with them.

never owning any I cannot comment too much but can tell you usually the cheaper skates are not as well built with regards to protection, stability and materials. usually also the blade holder and runner are okay but not top nothc and will get duller faster but will work like a blade should on a skate at least.

Hey for the money $50 is good for these for what you will be using them for. I am sure some putz will answer your post with "You wasted your money blah blah blah, that is garbage blah blah blah" but some people just like to pull the wings off of flies and burn ants with a magnifying glass.

For what YOU are going to be doing these are fine. If you decide to take hockey more seriously and play on a team after getting better at playing you should consider better skates but that won't be for a couple of years from now anyway.

Enjoy what you bought and have fun with them

Old
05-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmb View Post
your welcome
Wanted to say thanks again for the link, I bought a pair and am waiting for them. This forum is a good one and lots of people are helpful.

The rest of the negative ninnies can go choke to death on a chicken bone ... you know who you are.