HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Street Hockey Drama

Old
05-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Spalfredsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperkookeez View Post
tsunami is when you take a garbage can and fill it with bodily fluids, water, pretty much anything that will stain easily or has a really bad stench

then carefully and strategically lean it against the door. ring the bell and run

even if the person looks through their front window first and sees the can before opening the door, they still have the displeasure of removing the can from their door/front porch

it can be incredible lethal though
Why, My good sir, This is truly epic.

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_88888888 View Post
play on. until somebody starts enforcing the bylaw, the street's your playground. and if it does get enforced, bug your councilors to build parks/playgrounds where you can set up nets and play.
i just can't believe there are so many people in this world who don't want kids to play any sport in the neighborhood, let alone their own backyards whether it's street hockey, basketball, or even catch. wonder if their parents were the types that strapped them down at their desk and made them stare at a book all day or if they were just the bitter people that got picked last all the time in gym.
1) Have all the kids stop playing hockey and pick join gangs, pick up vandalizing, selling drugs, and skateboarding.
2) Explain to the woman what good kids they were until they no longer had an outlet for their energy, and now they have taken up these activities.
3) Point out how the neighborhood has really gone to pot now (figuratively and literally) and how home prices will go down now.

If you did this, I think she would listen to the suggestion that maybe if they had another outlet, like street hockey, all of this would change.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
EmptyNetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
Get a petition going to tell the old hag to move to Florida.
That reminds me. Back in high school I had a friend who, under cover of night, would steal real estate "FOR SALE" signs and put them on other people's lawns. Add, "Call for an appointment" with your neighbor's phone number for maximum annoyance.

Could also post a note at the local hockey rink --

Quote:
STREET HOCKEY PICKUP GAME --
Call to Register OLD-BAT'S-PHONE#
Cleaner options than "tsunami". My rule of thumb is, "Anything that requires a HAZMAT team to clean up is off limits."

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
1) Have all the kids stop playing hockey and pick join gangs, pick up vandalizing, selling drugs, and skateboarding.
2) Explain to the woman what good kids they were until they no longer had an outlet for their energy, and now they have taken up these activities.
3) Point out how the neighborhood has really gone to pot now (figuratively and literally) and how home prices will go down now.

If you did this, I think she would listen to the suggestion that maybe if they had another outlet, like street hockey, all of this would change.
Skateboarding? lol how is that such a bad thing

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Dr Acula

She's a joyless old hag remember? If she hates hockey, she will really hate skateboarding.

Dr Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Green13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
If this were an after school special you would finally invite the old woman to play with you guys and would learn that she's got a wicked slap shot from the point.
I signed in to say:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Green13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Grittzkey
Foreplay Guru

Get them a real roller ball instead of a tennis ball?

Grittzkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:26 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Depending on the age of the kids, there's a good chance that she could land herself in some hot water for photographing them without their parents' consent, assuming they're not on her property.
I don't know about Canada, but in the US there would be no risk of legal trouble at all. It's legal to photograph anything on public property, which a street is. Including people and children of any age.

Honestly, I like the getting the media involved idea. And the neighborhood asking the cops to talk to the women idea.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote