HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky

Old
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Although unrealistic, I would probably do something like this...

To Edmonton:

Heatley
Smith
Kelly

To Ottawa:

Hemsky
Cogliano
Gilbert
2nd rd pick
Edmonton takes back 2 salaries that they want to drop and we give them 3 players that will help them out now and for the next 8 years plus a 2nd. Is this ever a homer deal.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
AND YOUR A SENS FAN!!!

SHAMME SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!
If you took off your homer glasses you'd realize we fill alot of holes with that trade and get rid of some very bad contracts that otherwise would be immovable.

It's by no means the best trade for the sens, or oilers for that matter. But definitely not freakout worthy.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:25 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Edmonton takes back 2 salaries that they want to drop and we give them 3 players that will help them out now and for the next 8 years plus a 2nd. Is this ever a homer deal.
Heatley is a legit top 10 player in the game. You're gonna have to give to get.
Just out of curiosity, what would you give up for Heatley?

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
To EDM: Dubinsky, Zherdev's rights, Del Zotto, 1st
To NYR: Hemsky

enough?
I don't like the idea of Zherdev as an RFA. He'll bolt to mother Russia the first chance he gets
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Although unrealistic, I would probably do something like this...

To Edmonton:

Heatley
Smith
Kelly

To Ottawa:

Hemsky
Cogliano
Gilbert
2nd rd pick
Over payment from Edmonton.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
The Boston deal is ridiculous.

Being realistic the Kreici and Kessel are probably similar value to Hemsky because they are RFA and could be very expensive. Hemsky has a very attractive cap hit and has a higher top end than either of those 2 players if he can ever find it. There is no way you could get either of these 2 players and something else for Hemsky let alone Lucic and Wheeler.
Based on what?

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
danyhabsfan

Give us Hemsky and well take Horcoff contract

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:15 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1235c View Post
Pens

Jordan Staal

Oilers

Ales Hemsky

This giving the Oilers a good young center to play with the young talent in Edmonton. For the Pens side of the trade, asuming the rumor is true that Jagr wants to play with Hemsky, the pens first line could be Hemsky Crosby Jagr, that could be fun to watch. Also putting Kunitz with Malkin and either Sykora if resigned, Kennedy or an FA. Not sure if the value is there or do the pens need to add more or visa-versa.
Please... the idea of this thread is for you to give an offer you think would realistically get the job done. Given Hemsky's contract status do you really think a ? in Staal is going to get it done? There are better offers in this thread.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So what your comparing one year where Hemsky was playing on a terrible team with no help and Bostons rookies were having breakout years and inflating their stats against basement dwellers?

Watch a couple games and then we can talk, stats like that are meaningless.
I've watched more than a couple of games. I wouldn't trade you Kessel or Krejci for Hemsky straight up sorry. This year, next year, 2010... it doesn't matter. Kessel is a better goal scorer than Hemsky and always will be. The Bruins already have 2 play makers as good (if not better) than Hemsky. Trading a sniper for him makes 0 sense. As for Krejci, he's at least equal as a play maker and better defensively. If you disagree with me try watching a couple of games and then we can talk.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
I know everyone here poo-poo's "what-if" scenarios and unproven estimations, but.... What sort of points do you think Hemsky would put up if he were on Boston in place of a Wheeler or a Krejci or one of these guys?

Does anyone REALLY believe that Hemsky wouldn't have significantly improved numbers if he were playing on Boston instead of Edmonton this year? Just curious.
He would easily put up more points than Wheeler this year. Whether or not he'd put up more than Krejci is an argument we could have. But does anyone REALLY believe that Krejci and Wheeler won't be better 3 years from now when they are Hemsky's age than they are now?

Old
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Giggli G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
He would easily put up more points than Wheeler this year. Whether or not he'd put up more than Krejci is an argument we could have. But does anyone REALLY believe that Krejci and Wheeler won't be better 3 years from now when they are Hemsky's age than they are now?
Yes. Wheeler will not be better than Hemsky in three years. Having a good rookie year on the best team in a conference is not particularly impressive. Trust me, we had a lot of sophomore slumps this year.

Giggli G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
caley

I love how in the linked article, Mathieson suggests dealing Hemsky for Dustin Brown and Matt Greene. I'm a huge Oilers fan, huge Hemsky fan, and would never do that deal from LA's POV.

I really wish Oilers fans would stop starting threads about Hemsky's value, because they all end up the same. Non-Oiler fans who haven't seen Hemsky play, don't take into account his playing in the West with inferior talent, all severely underrate him. Oiler fans severely overrate him. Please, just leave it alone until it's actually a done deal.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
To EDM:

Gomez (7.357)
Brandon Dubinsky
Bobby Sanguinetti
2nd in '09

To NYR:
Hemsky (4.1)
Schremp

Bring on the Gomez haters.
Yea, no..

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1235c View Post
Pens

Jordan Staal

Oilers

Ales Hemsky

This giving the Oilers a good young center to play with the young talent in Edmonton. For the Pens side of the trade, asuming the rumor is true that Jagr wants to play with Hemsky, the pens first line could be Hemsky Crosby Jagr, that could be fun to watch. Also putting Kunitz with Malkin and either Sykora if resigned, Kennedy or an FA. Not sure if the value is there or do the pens need to add more or visa-versa.
I lol'd hard at this one!

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I've watched more than a couple of games. I wouldn't trade you Kessel or Krejci for Hemsky straight up sorry. This year, next year, 2010... it doesn't matter. Kessel is a better goal scorer than Hemsky and always will be. The Bruins already have 2 play makers as good (if not better) than Hemsky. Trading a sniper for him makes 0 sense. As for Krejci, he's at least equal as a play maker and better defensively. If you disagree with me try watching a couple of games and then we can talk.
You don't have to worry about that because the oilers would laugh in your face if you offered a one for one trade.

Take off the homer glasses and realize your players are over achieving this year, until that happens you have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
You don't have to worry about that because the oilers would laugh in your face if you offered a one for one trade.

Take off the homer glasses and realize your players are over achieving this year, until that happens you have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion.
I'd rather have 2 players that have proven to "over achieve" then one that everyone is still waiting to "put it all together". Hemsky is one of the most over rated people on here. Edmonton fans are desperate for a star so they prop up a good 2nd line player to stardom.

You do realize Kessel had 13 more goals this year, at the age of 21 the Hemsky has ever had in his entire life.

Oh Hemsky is a pass first player? So is Krejci who scored 22 goals, 1 less then Hemsky's career high, and 73 points, 4 less then Hemsky's career high. All while playing 3rd line minutes in his first full season.

But both of these players are "over achieving"? Come see me in 1 year when Kessel doesn't get mono and puts up 40 goals and Krejci is over a PPG.
I like the Oilers. Read and post on the Oiler board a fair amount, but there is not another fan base that overrates a single player like Hemsky.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I'd rather have 2 players that have proven to "over achieve" then one that everyone is still waiting to "put it all together". Hemsky is one of the most over rated people on here. Edmonton fans are desperate for a star so they prop up a good 2nd line player to stardom.

You do realize Kessel had 13 more goals this year, at the age of 21 the Hemsky has ever had in his entire life.

Oh Hemsky is a pass first player? So is Krejci who scored 22 goals, 1 less then Hemsky's career high, and 73 points, 4 less then Hemsky's career high. All while playing 3rd line minutes in his first full season.

But both of these players are "over achieving"? Come see me in 1 year when Kessel doesn't get mono and puts up 40 goals and Krejci is over a PPG.
I like the Oilers. Read and post on the Oiler board a fair amount, but there is not another fan base that overrates a single player like Hemsky.
Wait a second. You think Hemsky is a good second line player??

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:

Dustin Penner and Shawn Horcoff<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Michael Ryder/Phil Kessel/David Krejci/Milan Lucic/Patrice Bergeron. (At least 2 of those, I dont know Bostons lines)

Thanks.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Wait a second. You think Hemsky is a good second line player??
compared to Krejci and Kessel? damn straight he is. he wouldnt be first line in boston. hes only first line in edmonton by default

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:58 AM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
compared to Krejci and Kessel? damn straight he is. he wouldnt be first line in boston. hes only first line in edmonton by default
What are you smoking. He is a legit first line forward there is no need to argue other wise unless you like being thought of as dim.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Based on what?
Based on the fact that they will get more money because of the season they had. If you add to that the fact that Hemsky has a proven track record and Kreici and Kessel are limited to a one season track record.

I watch both of these teams and Kessel and Kreici are amazing players, but if you watch a lot of Hemsky you will see he has a much higher ceiling. In edmonton he has no support for offense at all. Horcoff and Penner kill his creativity and are not skilled enough to take advantage of his superior passing skills. If He had a linemate he clicked with he could be magic, but the oilers have not had a sniper during his entire tenure with the team. The last player the oilers have had who had any chemistry with Hemsky was Smyth and he's been gone 2+ years now.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
What are you smoking. He is a legit first line forward there is no need to argue other wise unless you like being thought of as dim.
no I'll leave the dim Part to you, you've got that covered

the fact is that Edmonton like my own Islanders, doesnt have any legit 1st line forwards yet, Gagner and Hemsky and my own Okposo may grow into the role one day, but right now they are given first line roles by default because we have no one better or are you telling me that if Gretzky, Anderson and Kurri were still oilers that Hemsky would be a 1st liner?

Krejci and Kessel are legit because their playing lead roles on a leading stanley cup contender, a team that missed the presidents trophy by a point, Let Hemsky build a resume of success before annointing him. Krejci may be young but he's doing the job so you cant question him yet

Old
05-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Based on the fact that they will get more money because of the season they had. If you add to that the fact that Hemsky has a proven track record and Kreici and Kessel are limited to a one season track record.

I watch both of these teams and Kessel and Kreici are amazing players, but if you watch a lot of Hemsky you will see he has a much higher ceiling. In edmonton he has no support for offense at all. Horcoff and Penner kill his creativity and are not skilled enough to take advantage of his superior passing skills. If He had a linemate he clicked with he could be magic, but the oilers have not had a sniper during his entire tenure with the team. The last player the oilers have had who had any chemistry with Hemsky was Smyth and he's been gone 2+ years now.
Chayos, no one is questioning his ability, but until he does it, its all potential, Penner had 29 goals as a duck one year, if Hemsky was so good why isnt Penner doing anything?

the fact is Hemsky isnt there yet, he's talented sure but he's not legit 1st line yet

Old
05-05-2009, 02:41 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Only 10 RW in the league had more points than Hemsky last year.

If Hemsky is only a 1st liner by default... how many "real" 1st liners are there?

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
habs4eva

Since no one put out an offer from the Habs....I will go ahead and do that.

Andrei Kost + Sergei Kost + Matt D'Agostini + Halak + 1st Pd Pick

for

Hemsky + Gilbert

habs4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
Only 10 RW in the league had more points than Hemsky last year.

If Hemsky is only a 1st liner by default... how many "real" 1st liners are there?
just because there are 30 teams do you honestly think there are 30 legit 1st line RW?

therein lies your problem just because you play on the 1st line doesnt mean youre as good as an Iginla or a Heatley, or a Hossa

Old
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

The Oilers would be laughing at empty space because my face would never offer them that trade to begin with. Especially since I don't work in the Bruins front office.

As for eyesight references, you are overdue for a check up if you think that Phil Kessel "overachieved" this year. He's 21 years old and just put up a 30+ goal season, something that Hemsky has never done. If you want to suggest that Kessel "overachieved" this year and won't be a consistent 30+ goal scorer then I suggest that you really aren't a good judge of hockey talent.

As for Krejci... he was the same age this year that Hemsky was in his breakout season, and put up very similar numbers to Hemsky, only Krejci is much better defensively. Of course, Hemsky overachieved that year and hasn't been able to match or surpass that year since.

We'll see if Krejci is able to grow more than Hemsky has been able to.

I'm willing to bet that Krejci's numbers increase next year.