HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

GDT 5/4 • Canada 3, Finland 4 (SO)

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
I hope you canadians can single out the rotten eggs in the pack yourselves and that you don't think that all of us finns (or europeans in general) are as bad as some of the guys who have posted here.

If you see a guy writing extremely biased things once, just ignore it. If you see it twice from the same poster, press ignore.

Old
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
And it counted against Roloson in his stats as 1 goal against and 1 shot against - reducing his sv% from .943 to .926 on the game

To those of you that thought Roloson looked 'shakey', now that I've watched the game...he was fine in my opinion and got better as the game wore on. It will be a difficult decision for the coaching staff as compared to this game Mason hasn't really been tested like Roli has. But overall, I don't think Canada will have a problem with goaltending no matter which guy gets the nod.
yea the fact rolli stopped 51 shots goes to show you our d-man weren't exactly shutting anyone down

Old
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
yea the fact rolli stopped 51 shots goes to show you our d-man weren't exactly shutting anyone down
Well. Finnish world champs teams nowadays seem to average 35ish shots a game, no matter the opposition. But quite a few of them are shots from the outside and from just in the zone.

When a team allows 51 shots from Finland, I would watch the game again and see if it isn't the forwards who are a bit lazy when backchecking.

Old
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
lots of shots from the outside (cause of lots of PP time for them)

and bigger ice surface = more shooting lanes

Closed Thread