HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

So, Whose Side Are You On Anyway?

View Poll Results: Whose Side Are You On?
Owners 31 73.81%
NHLPA 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Mxpunk

vCash: 500
I'm really on the owner's side. When 75 cents of every hockey dollar goes to the players, and the NHL is losing money every year, they really have to make some changes. The NBA and NFL have salary caps, and things seem to be going really well. In fact, the NFL has become extremely competitive. If these two popular sports in America are flourishing under the cap, the NHLPA must realize they need to do the same since hockey's popularity in the US is seriously low! The players don't realize how good they have it now for an unpopular sport.

Old
09-20-2004, 04:44 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I'm on the player's side. To me, they are making more steps to getting things going and so we all have hockey. Owners, at this point, aren't negotiating in any way whatsoever unless there's a hard cap.

I can appreciate the owners wanting cost certainty, but if they refuse to go on with the show unless they get a hard cap, I can't side with them. Do they need their hands held to cross the street, too? The luxury tax provides a good enough guideline to tell them what not to spend. If the owners STILL cnnot comply with this guideline, then they aren't very good businessmen worthy of owning a business or a franchise anyhow.

The NHLPA has said what they don't want.
The owners have said what they DO want, which at this point is more restrictive to the game.

Once the NHLPA has more demands than the owners, which is slowing down the game, then I will change sides to the one that appears to be doing more to try to get the game goin.

Old
09-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
:mad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
honestly, i dont know why bettman and goodenow can't get it through their heads. Fans don't really care about their views or the other's views, we just want a damn solution. Why are they not meeting everyday? Why are they not locked in a room for 8 hours until they come up with something? If they have nothing to say then sit there next to each other until you do. I'm so tired of this "i'm trying but they're not doing anything" *****ing and moaning they both keep doing.
EXACTLY!! How do they expect to solve anything if they dont even meet!? Lock them into a room until they get some kind of understanding. I dont expect anything to get solved in a couple more meetings but I know nothing is going to get solved if their sitting on their a$$e$

Old
09-24-2004, 12:48 PM
SuxBeingU

I think if you would of added a 3rd option of Neither it would be winning.

I am on the fans side, the common arena worker, the hotels, restuarants, transportation workers and every "common joe" who will be adversly affected by the lockout. The owners and players can weather a 1-2 years lockout w/o much financial impact. The common man will lose his job, his home, his kids will suffer, the local economies will suffer. Most importantly the fans who gives these teams and owners their heart and souls will suffer. Which side truly cares about these people, thats who I support.

Old
09-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuxBeingU
I think if you would of added a 3rd option of Neither it would be winning.

I am on the fans side, the common arena worker, the hotels, restuarants, transportation workers and every "common joe" who will be adversly affected by the lockout. The owners and players can weather a 1-2 years lockout w/o much financial impact. The common man will lose his job, his home, his kids will suffer, the local economies will suffer. Most importantly the fans who gives these teams and owners their heart and souls will suffer. Which side truly cares about these people, thats who I support.
Well put... And if outside of the immediate hockey world one person gets laid off over this, it's truly a tragedy (I say outside because if you work for the NHL and/or an NHL team, you should have seen the writing on the wall a year and a half ago and should have started making alternative plans, although, having said that I do feel sympathy for them as well).

But the league would have likely folded at the rate it was going in a few years. Any good business man would have done what the NHL did.

Closed Thread