HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

just got new XXXX's

Old
05-06-2009, 12:00 AM
hubby1746

vCash: 500
just got new XXXX's

Just got new NBV XXXX skates (i ordered XXV's but a mix up online got me upgraded for free), I was wondering if I should avoid wearing them around the house till i get them heat molded. Does it matter? I probably wont get to the LHS til this weekend but I wanna wear them all the time when im at home cuz they're so nice. Would wearing them around the house for 3 days help or hurt the heat molding process?

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

no, it wont

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Heat McManus

skates aren't meant to be walked in, they're meant to be skated in!!! hehe

it really won't matter as it pertains to the molding process.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
jminor

I got a pair of vapor shifts, I think they are the canadian version of the XXV and I must say they are a huge upgrade over my Mission Fuel XP 95's! It took some getting used to how roomy they are but after about 4 skates they are unbelievably comfortable. I also use superfeet in mine. I had to get my fuels contoured for a forward and move the blade in the holder but with these vapors I am thinking about not even getting them cut. Even my old CCM tacks I had cut. Does anyone know if these are alot more forward sitting skate? Sorry for the hijack..

jminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubby1746 View Post
Just got new NBV XXXX skates (i ordered XXV's but a mix up online got me upgraded for free), I was wondering if I should avoid wearing them around the house till i get them heat molded. Does it matter? I probably wont get to the LHS til this weekend but I wanna wear them all the time when im at home cuz they're so nice. Would wearing them around the house for 3 days help or hurt the heat molding process?
Just make sure that if you wear them to bed at night that you use the blade protectors so you don't cut up the bed sheets and stuff.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote