HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders Prospects: 09-10 Edition Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Isles Enforcer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Soundtigers lost are are done this season. Goals by DiBenedetto and Joensuu. Just wasn't enough.

Old
04-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Yep, it's a sad day.

What an unceremonious departure.

At the end of the day, looks like WB just had the much better goalie in net.

Lawson and Mannino.... just too green for taking a playoff series.

Wonder if McLean would have made a difference?

Old
04-25-2009, 01:32 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Hey everyone, Flyers fan here and I come in peace . I was just wondering how Aaron Ness is doing? I was a fan of his during the draft last year, and was hoping if the Flyers had their 28th pick they would look at him. If I remember correctly, one of his downturns is his size. How is he doing/how did he do in Minnesota?

Thanks

Old
04-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Hey everyone, Flyers fan here and I come in peace . I was just wondering how Aaron Ness is doing? I was a fan of his during the draft last year, and was hoping if the Flyers had their 28th pick they would look at him. If I remember correctly, one of his downturns is his size. How is he doing/how did he do in Minnesota?

Thanks
His first season at Minnesota went well. Nothing too special, but one of growth and he had established himself as a bit of a regular by the end of the year.

His size is something that has many of us fans wondering if there is a future for him in this league. His skill level is supposedly very high, so it'll be interesting to see if he can be a dominant NCAA player by his junior year.

Here are his stats after his first season:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=113811

He's listed there as 5'10" and 170 lbs.

Another 30 lbs. of muscle over the next 2+ years would go a long way in enhancing his chances of an NHL career. At least then he'd have Rafalski-like proportions.

Old
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Rakhshani is staying at DU for his senior year and will serve as team captain.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12239342

Old
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post

I think this is the right move for him. It actually gives the Islanders another year of contractual breathing room as well.

Old
04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Jyri Niemi

Folks, this season the 18 year old defenseman Jyri Niemi, taken in the 3rd round of the 08 draft, took a slight step back in overall offensive efficiency (60 GP, 7-25-32, 74 PM and +18), but just put in a valiant effort for his Saskatoon Blades in a 7 game first round loss.

He led the team in scoring with 1-6-7 in those 7 games and had a +5 rating. Always nice to see when a junior prospect puts in a big playoff effort.

Should be interesting to see him at Islanders camp this summer.

Old
04-28-2009, 10:16 AM
redbull
movin'on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Folks, this season the 18 year old defenseman Jyri Niemi, taken in the 3rd round of the 08 draft, took a slight step back in overall offensive efficiency (60 GP, 7-25-32, 74 PM and +18), but just put in a valiant effort for his Saskatoon Blades in a 7 game first round loss.

He led the team in scoring with 1-6-7 in those 7 games and had a +5 rating. Always nice to see when a junior prospect puts in a big playoff effort.

thanks for the update. I liked the way he played in the WJC, thought he was Finland's top dman by far. I think he's got potential, hopefully he can keep developing.

Old
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post

Despite losing Bozak DU is going to be a powerhouse if everyone stays healthy. I can't wait to see how our own Matt Donovan does there, maybe QB-ing a PP unit? I also want to see how Drew Shore and William Wrenn do.

Old
04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
du78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Despite losing Bozak DU is going to be a powerhouse if everyone stays healthy. I can't wait to see how our own Matt Donovan does there, maybe QB-ing a PP unit? I also want to see how Drew Shore and William Wrenn do.
I would think there is a good chance that Donovan will be QB-ing the 2nd PP unit with Wiercioch QB-ing the #1 unit at Denver. The DU recruiting class for Fall '09 is loaded.

Here is their '09 incoming freshmen with their current team listed. Donovan is the only drafted player so far and there is a good chance that Shore, Wrenn and Murray will be drafted in a few weeks.

D William Wrenn (U.S. Under-18)
D Matt Donovan (Cedar Rapids, USHL)
D Paul Phillips (Cedar Rapids, USHL)
G Adam Murray (U.S. Under-18)
F Drew Shore (U.S. Under-18)
F Shawn Ostrow (Camrose, AJHL)
F Chris Knowlton (Des Moines, USHL)

Old
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by du78 View Post
I would think there is a good chance that Donovan will be QB-ing the 2nd PP unit with Wiercioch QB-ing the #1 unit at Denver. The DU recruiting class for Fall '09 is loaded.

Here is their '09 incoming freshmen with their current team listed. Donovan is the only drafted player so far and there is a good chance that Shore, Wrenn and Murray will be drafted in a few weeks.

D William Wrenn (U.S. Under-18)
D Matt Donovan (Cedar Rapids, USHL)
D Paul Phillips (Cedar Rapids, USHL)
G Adam Murray (U.S. Under-18)
F Drew Shore (U.S. Under-18)
F Shawn Ostrow (Camrose, AJHL)
F Chris Knowlton (Des Moines, USHL)

That's quite a class! there's a good chance Phillips will be drafted too, probably in the 5th round.

Old
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post

even though his regular season numbers werent great...i love those playoff numbers...7 points in 7 games for a dman is great hopefully hell continue that play into next year

Old
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Islanders1932

Okposo with a goal and an assist in two periods versus France today...scored the goal while falling down nice goal

Old
05-02-2009, 02:25 PM
MilburyRuinedMyLife

Anyone know the latest on Shea Guthrie? He just completed his eligibility at Clarkson but I haven't heard anything on his potential signing. Good size, seemed to finally get back on track in the second half of the year. What's the drop-dead date for signing him?

Old
05-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilburyRuinedMyLife View Post
Anyone know the latest on Shea Guthrie? He just completed his eligibility at Clarkson but I haven't heard anything on his potential signing. Good size, seemed to finally get back on track in the second half of the year. What's the drop-dead date for signing him?
This summer I believe.

Otherwise he'll be a UFA.

Old
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
DPSNAGS

botta put up a new blog and he said petrov is signed for 3 more years and that his initial contract was for 4 years.....i always thought it was for 2 or 3 years but that does suck

the good news from the blog is that petrov siad he is going to try 2 attend the prospect camp this summer if he does that shows an indication that he is willing to come to NA and thats obviously very important

Old
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilburyRuinedMyLife View Post
I think the date is either August 12 or 18th

Old
05-07-2009, 07:40 PM
redbull
movin'on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPSNAGS View Post
botta put up a new blog and he said petrov is signed for 3 more years and that his initial contract was for 4 years.....i always thought it was for 2 or 3 years but that does suck

the good news from the blog is that petrov siad he is going to try 2 attend the prospect camp this summer if he does that shows an indication that he is willing to come to NA and thats obviously very important
i don't think that's a bad thing at all...he'll be 21-22 once his contract is done (assuming he doesn't re-sign) and hopefully he'll be developed enough to play in the NHL. He's of no use here any sooner. Judging from his development this season, injuries notwithstanding, he's still got a ways to go before he can contribute to this team.

I'm happy to wait.

In the end, a third round pick with first round skill - gotta be thankful.

Old
05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Habsfan18

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there's any news on Max Grachev? Will he get a contract?

Old
05-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there's any news on Max Grachev? Will he get a contract?
the clock is ticking June 1st is Dday I hope he gets a deal..I like what i saw from him in the couple game for Bport and Lewiston. He does need to get stronger but plays a nice chippy style

Old
05-09-2009, 03:32 PM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
the clock is ticking June 1st is Dday I hope he gets a deal..I like what i saw from him in the couple game for Bport and Lewiston. He does need to get stronger but plays a nice chippy style
botta speculated on his blog that we wont sign him or simon lacriox(dk about spelling)

i dont get why we wouldnt sign these guys...didnt both have strong seasons...i no gratchev was a ppg player and i think simon had between 30-40 points as a dman

Old
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
botta speculated on his blog that we wont sign him or simon lacriox(dk about spelling)

i dont get why we wouldnt sign these guys...didnt both have strong seasons...i no gratchev was a ppg player and i think simon had between 30-40 points as a dman
50 contract limit.

Old
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
IslesNorway

Over on ************* someone said that he'd heard from someone close to Lacroix that he'd been told he would not be signed. 7th round picks are always a longshot anyway, so we shouldn't be surprised.

If they decline to sign Gratchev though I'd be a little nonplussed because why invite him to BPort if they have no plans for him inthe future?

If I'm not mistaken the Sound Tigers or Grizzlies can offer both an AHL/ECHL deal to keep them within the system thereby avoiding the 50 contract rule.

Old
05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWin View Post
50 contract limit.
yeah but id rather have gratchev than fritz or rechliz imo

Old
05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
yeah but id rather have gratchev than fritz or rechliz imo
Rechlicz was signed for 3 years and Fritz is a UFA. 2 years left on wrecker.

Closed Thread