HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predicting off-season trades

Old
05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
twenty2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator 786 View Post
I would like to see the Canucks and Stars work some sort of deal. I don't believe Dallas has any great goalie prospects in its system, but the Canucks have one, Cory Schnieder. Dallas has the 8th pick, so maybe something like:

To Vancouver:

8th Overall Pick

To Dallas:

1st Round Pick
Cory Schnieder
Mason Raymond
2nd Round Pick
Flyers offer JVR and a 1st for that package along with your choice of Lupul or Carle if you want them included.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
You're seriously uneducated about the Flyers needs.
A competent general manager ?

Quote:
If the Flyers don't get what they need/want from these deals what's the point in making them?
Yeah, sure. Atlanta are going to trade Lehtonen, a top 10 goalie, and a 2nd low pick for Lupul and his ridicoulous contract, because they're obviously lacking depth when it comes to forwards, and that's where vanRiemsdyk, and his proven 30-goal NHL seasons, comes in.

Pavelev and Hedberg is the tandem of the future, that is if they're planning on tanking for the 2009-2010 season and beyond.

Without forgetting that Florida will trade Vokoun, the perennial Vezina darkhorse, and their 1st, as if it wasn't already enough, for Lupul, also known as the Next One. That is, assuming the Great One refers to Valeri Bure.

The trades that you are proposing woundn't even work in NHL 99.

Quote:
We're not in any cap danger.
Please tell me you're trolling.

Last edited by Matt714*: 05-06-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Wow, done deal. I'd hate to drop out of the top 10, but you can't say no to a package like that, IMO.
Can't see Gillis making a move like that. Sure it would be nice to get a top 10 pick in this draft, but this team is built to win now and if Gillis is going to move assets such as Schneider, Raymond and the 1st he is likely going to want players that contribute now, not in two or three years.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Skelator 786*

Quote:
Flyers offer JVR and a 1st for that package along with your choice of Lupul or Carle if you want them included.
Although JVR is tempting, we don't need salary dumps in Vancouver. I actually like Lupul as well.

Skelator 786* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator 786 View Post
Although JVR is tempting, we don't need salary dumps in Vancouver. I actually like Lupul as well.
If you don't want Carle or Lupul then the offer is just JVR and a 1st. You misread what I wrote. It is IF you wanted them.

Old
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
A competent general manager ?
I don't exactly know what you're talking about cause this comment made no sense. If it's a shot at Holmgren he's easily a top 10 GM in the NHL.

Quote:
Yeah, sure. Atlanta are going to trade Lehtonen, a top 10 goalie, and a 2nd low pick for Lupul and his ridicoulous contract, because they're obviously lacking depth when it comes to forwards, and that's where vanRiemsdyk, and his proven 30-goal NHL seasons, comes in.

Pavelev and Hedberg is the tandem of the future, that is if they're planning on tanking for the 2009-2010 season and beyond.

Without forgetting that Florida will trade Vokoun, the perennial Vezina darkhorse, and their 1st, as if it wasn't already enough, for Lupul, also known as the Next One. That is, assuming the Great One refers to Valeri Bure.

The trades that you are proposing woundn't even work in NHL 99.
Sure, then Atlanta doesn't need to trade Lehtonen. We're not giving away JVR unless the value is there. I don't see it from Lehtonen. We can get other goalies without losing JVR.

If Pavelec Hedberg is the tandem they're taking into the future then I wish them luck trading Lehtonen. If they don't want what we're willing to offer then they can entertain other deals.

Also Lehtonen may be a proven goalie, but top 10 is arguable. Also he's got some injury issues.

Voukon is awesome no doubt, but his salary might not fit into the Flyers plans. If that deal came without Olesz we'd probably bite on it. Bouwmeester though is not a given to sign with us and Olesz basically prevents us from signing him. It's a stupid move. We can get a different goaltender.

As for trades not working in NHL 99, sure they wouldn't. Just like trading Briere for a 1st round draft pick wouldn't work. You're a ****ing genius buddy.

Quote:
tell me you're trolling.
No I'm not. You're just uneducated. I would explain it again, but you're not worth the time. Go to the Flyers' forums.

Old
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Do you honestly think Saku is going to retire? Come now....Maxwell as second line center? Ouch, he is not ready for the big show.
Must have been posted by Doug Risebrough who thought James Sheppard was ready to be a #2 center and lost his job because of it.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
rockinghockey

There are only two things that the Flyers need. A legit no. 1 goalie. Lehtonen is not proven so I would not call him a legit no. 1. They also need that legit no. 1 dman. With Giroux and JVR ready to step up that means that players that they can move to bring in the cap room would be:
Briere- If they can get him to waive his NTC;6.5mil
Lupal- He will be a 25-30 goal scorer on a team; 4.25mil
Jones-2.75
With the amount of money available they can go after Bouwmeester and get a legit no. 1 goalie. They will still have the depth up front to score goals. The big question is who do they go after for in net. Giguere; Anderson. Who is out there that is a legit no. 1 goalie that would help them.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote