HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One player, and one player only

View Poll Results: One player, and one player only...
Vincent Lecavalier 51 32.08%
Joe Thornton 11 6.92%
Patrick Marleau 3 1.89%
Jay Boumeester 55 34.59%
Jordan Staal 16 10.06%
Marian Hossa 11 6.92%
Marian Gaborik 8 5.03%
Scott Neidermayer (not talked about much on this board, but he is a UFA and anything can happen) 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
hab4life

vCash: 500
Lecavalier please. J-Bo would be nice but to pick just one.... the team has enough on D as well as D prospects in the pipe

hab4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
sgupca

You take Vinny,

He should be 100% healthy next season, and playing under the big lights in the Bell Center could return him to form from the 06/07 season.

Lecavalier in Montreal could easily score 110+ points on a top line with Kovalev and Tanguay.

Tanguay - Lecavalier - Kovalev

would be one scary line.

That is of-course Gainey can lock Tanguay up this summer.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I wouldn't complain if the Habs got any of those guys... well... except, actually I probably would complain depending on the pricetag.

I mean, guys we'd have to trade for on that list (Thornton, Lecavalier, Marleau, Staal), I would assume the trading price would approach the astronomical, so if we can have one of the others just as a pure UFA addition, I'd rather have one of the others. Four down.

I can't see Niedermayer changing teams. After all that stuff last year, it seems clear to me, he's a Duck or done. Five down.

So it's really only between Gaborik, Bouwmeester, and Hossa for me. Gaborik's health issues scare me. I think Bouwmeester would be a really nice addition to fill our area of greatest need... but... I'm just worried that whoever signs him at the end of the day will end up paying too much for a guy who is very good, but not quite worth that kind of money. So that leaves me picking Hossa. I trust his consistency, I think he'd bring lots of experience, he plays both ends very well, and can still be a 40-goal guy. I don't think you're going to get less than you hoped for out of him. He's a safe investment.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Pascal

I voted Hossa but I could easily go with Vinny as well. We need a C more than a RW actually :/

I don't get how JBO can be ahead of Vinny or even Hossa/Gaborik. Our offense lacks true 1st line material, especially on C.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Jigger77

Ryan Getzlaf

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Kurt Sexington*

Jay Bo. We need a puck moving center more than anything. After this season's defensive gong show, I find it hard to believe that anyone can argue against this.

Kurt Sexington* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I voted Hossa but I could easily go with Vinny as well. We need a C more than a RW actually :/

I don't get how JBO can be ahead of Vinny or even Hossa/Gaborik. Our offense lacks true 1st line material, especially on C.
See, I, and others, think we need to fix the D before fixing the O. Not saying your argument isn't good, but we still managed to finish 1st in goals scored in 2007-08. I wouldn't mind Koivu-Plekanec-Lang again as our top 3 centers if our defensive corps has Markov, JayBo, Hamrlik and Gorges playing top 4 minutes.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote