HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

SALO OUT for Game 4.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2009, 01:18 PM
  #1
Johnny Canucker
Registered User
 
Johnny Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
SALO OUT for Game 4.

Just reported on Team 1040.

Looks like him flying to Chicago was just a decoy.

He didnt even skate at all today, and Skated VERY GINGERLY yesterday according to the TEAM 1040.

Looks like we will be going with Vannenen again...................

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:24 PM
  #2
canuckerfan
Registered User
 
canuckerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to canuckerfan
i'm actually glad they didn't push him. hopefully Ossi can hold the fort.

canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM
  #3
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Good mindgames though

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
  #4
Johnny Canucker
Registered User
 
Johnny Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckerfan View Post
i'm actually glad they didn't push him. hopefully Ossi can hold the fort.
and hopefully he plays very limited minutes.

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
  #5
Cocomero*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,498
vCash: 500
Annnnnnnnnnd he's done for the rest of the playoffs?

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
  #6
dhabums*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
I imagine this elaborate rouse has completely confused the Hawks. OMG, Salo is coming, Salo is coming!! Change the entire game plan. DAMN, now he's not playing, change the game plan back, change it back!!

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
  #7
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,854
vCash: 500
he must have been hurting when he took a piss this morning.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
  #8
Steveorama
Registered User
 
Steveorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
I imagine this elaborate rouse has completely confused the Hawks. OMG, Salo is coming, Salo is coming!! Change the entire game plan. DAMN, now he's not playing, change the game plan back, change it back!!
Now, instead of focussing on putting traffic in front of Luongo and having a better first period, they will have to focus on putting traffic in front of Luongo and having a better first period.

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
  #9
fogducker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
he must have been hurting when he took a piss this morning.
gonorrhea?

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
  #10
Kid_Roll
Registered User
 
Kid_Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 500
Oh man. Chicago JUST finished installing several mutant DNA's into Byfuglien body, giving him swords out of his arms and the ability to not have it burn when he pees, all so he could combat Salo and take him out in game 4.


Vigneault 1, Quenville 0.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:18 PM
  #11
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
Oh man. Chicago JUST finished installing several mutant DNA's into Byfuglien body, giving him swords out of his arms and the ability to not have it burn when he pees, all so he could combat Salo and take him out in game 4.


Vigneault 1, Quenville 0.
so you're saying that Byfuglien is the reason that Salo is getting that burning feeling when he pees?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs...jury-a-joking/

Quote:
"Maybe," he said, "It's just a burning sensation when you pee. You never know."
damn you Byfuglien!!!!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
  #12
goalie311
Registered User
 
goalie311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabums View Post
I imagine this elaborate rouse has completely confused the Hawks. OMG, Salo is coming, Salo is coming!! Change the entire game plan. DAMN, now he's not playing, change the game plan back, change it back!!

LOL.

Oh Sami Glasso, instead of your 100mph slap hurting someone standing in front of the net, it only hurts your groin.

goalie311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
  #13
Ernie
Registered User
 
Ernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Seems a little excessive to get him to fly all the way to Chicago just to psyche out Quennville...

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
  #14
Kid_Roll
Registered User
 
Kid_Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Seems a little excessive to get him to fly all the way to Chicago just to psyche out Quennville...
Wait, it is possible that Gillis was playing poker with Dale Tallon and raised Dale Sami Salo. Luckily Dale folded.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
  #15
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffCourtnall View Post
Just reported on Team 1040.

Looks like him flying to Chicago was just a decoy.

He didnt even skate at all today, and Skated VERY GINGERLY yesterday according to the TEAM 1040.

Looks like we will be going with Vannenen again...................
why r u using the help sign? Vannenen is the best we got in terms of replacing him right now, lets support our players the b est we can regardless of they are a fill in role, or a top 3 role.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
  #16
xtr3m
Registered User
 
xtr3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
I have no problem with Vaananen or, Pyatt for that matter, filling in.

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
  #17
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
I dont know about you guys, but a good team will need to play through these. We won 2 important games without him already, we will need to suck it up once more. Yea of course, Vanannen is not as elite, but hes "best" we got in terms of going down the depth chart. Lets cross our fingers and hope hes ok. But then again, maybe its more mind games, they are telling Salo to not skate at all, then when game time comes, freak everyone out and you see him flying.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
  #18
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,687
vCash: 500
Why are people so down on Vaananen? He played a very good consistent calm physical game in game two and only took one penalty (decking Kane which if you're going to take a penalty that's exactly what you should be doing) The guy has gotten praise from fan bases everywhere he's been and he's a gamer who brings the exact style we need against these Hawks.

Of course I'd rather have Sami than Ossi right now, but I have complete faith in Vaananen playing a solid consistent 15 minutes tonight without being exposed or making any stupid mistakes.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
  #19
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayAsALion View Post
Why are people so down on Vaananen? He played a very good consistent calm physical game in game two and only took one penalty (decking Kane which if you're going to take a penalty that's exactly what you should be doing) The guy has gotten praise from fan bases everywhere he's been and he's a gamer who brings the exact style we need against these Hawks.

Of course I'd rather have Sami than Ossi right now, but I have complete faith in Vaananen playing a solid consistent 15 minutes tonight without being exposed or making any stupid mistakes.
considering AV's comments, I doubt you see him anywhere near 15 mins... he'll be at 8-10 again... AV seemed pretty clear they don't expect more from Vaananen.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
  #20
Steveorama
Registered User
 
Steveorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
considering AV's comments, I doubt you see him anywhere near 15 mins... he'll be at 8-10 again... AV seemed pretty clear they don't expect more from Vaananen.
I know!
What did he say? "We like Ossi as long as he never handles the puck. He can give us a good 8 minutes." Ouch.
Not sure why AV is not a fan...Vaananen seems like a very reliable number 7 guy to me!

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
  #21
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Guess this doesn't bode well for bringing back Vaananen next season. Davison-McIver as 6-7, assuming Ohlund doesn't come back, is a little worrying.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
  #22
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,370
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
- The defenses have to hold.

- They will hold.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
  #23
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,435
vCash: 500
Vaananen needs to play at least 10 minutes and SOB needs to be up at 17-18, not around 13. Come on AV, dont go to the well with your remaining healthy defenceman.

monster_bertuzzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:13 PM
  #24
FruityPants3*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Seems a little excessive to get him to fly all the way to Chicago just to psyche out Quennville...
They probably had to keep him away from the wife after the burns when he pees comment.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
  #25
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Vaananen needs to play at least 10 minutes and SOB needs to be up at 17-18, not around 13. Come on AV, dont go to the well with your remaining healthy defenceman.
i agree. there is no reason why SOB cant play 16-18 minutes a night. he has played some of his best hockey in the playoff.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.