HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund's at it again!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
  #76
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
There is no chance for either, well actually, Montreal still has more chances. Lawton assured Lecavalier that he could provide a list of teams if ever he's traded (whether before or after July 1st, when his NTC kicks in), and Lecavalier knows he would be killing ANY endorsement deals he would have in Quebec if he ever put Toronto on that list and ended up with them. He would also have to endure the Montreal crowd booing him 3 times per year, and that's without the playoffs.

The Lecavalier to Toronto rumour is 100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal.
I hope you're right...because as crazy as Lecavalier's contract is, the thought of facing him 6 times a year scares the hell out of me.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
  #77
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
There is no chance for either, well actually, Montreal still has more chances. Lawton assured Lecavalier that he could provide a list of teams if ever he's traded (whether before or after July 1st, when his NTC kicks in), and Lecavalier knows he would be killing ANY endorsement deals he would have in Quebec if he ever put Toronto on that list and ended up with them. He would also have to endure the Montreal crowd booing him 3 times per year, and that's without the playoffs.

The Lecavalier to Toronto rumour is 100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal.
Oh yeah, if its so ridiculous that Vinny goes to TO, then explain to me why Brian Burke was willing to take on the salaries of 2 injured players and an AHLer, just out of the goodness of his heart to help out Tampa,

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
  #78
Booky
 
Booky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Oh yeah, if its so ridiculous that Vinny goes to TO, then explain to me why Brian Burke was willing to take on the salaries of 2 injured players and an AHLer, just out of the goodness of his heart to help out Tampa,
Because he got a fourth round pick in return.

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
  #79
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Oh yeah, if its so ridiculous that Vinny goes to TO, then explain to me why Brian Burke was willing to take on the salaries of 2 injured players and an AHLer, just out of the goodness of his heart to help out Tampa,
hmm...because they take on a few million dollars of salary allows them to basically rip tampa off? They can not offer more than montreal can, so basically lawton would get hosed because Burke did he a favore of like 2 million bucks. wowie

If anything Burke is looking at the 2nd overall pick, or maybe some other players.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
  #80
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
Because he got a fourth round pick in return.
So you think Burke did all that for a 4th rounder? I think you will see some interesting things happen this summer when it comes to Toronto, and I dont believe he did that for a 4th round pick, I predict Vinny in TO.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  #81
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
There is no chance for either, well actually, Montreal still has more chances. Lawton assured Lecavalier that he could provide a list of teams if ever he's traded (whether before or after July 1st, when his NTC kicks in), and Lecavalier knows he would be killing ANY endorsement deals he would have in Quebec if he ever put Toronto on that list and ended up with them. He would also have to endure the Montreal crowd booing him 3 times per year, and that's without the playoffs.

The Lecavalier to Toronto rumour is 100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal.
Not quite. Tell me, what endorsement deals does Lecavalier currently have in Quebec? Furthermore, those endorsements would be tied to a contract which, if terminated, would still grant Lecavalier the money he's owed. Him joining Toronto isn't a felony, unfortunately. And I've been to plenty Lighting-Habs games in recent years, and Lecavalier as a member of the Tampa Bay Lighting is booed regardless of the fact that he plays for a non-rival.

To say that Lecavalier ending up in Toronto is "100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal" is incredibly shortsighted when you consider the GM's currently in play.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 09:42 AM
  #82
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
well APPARENTLY, the Habs are trying to get jaybos rights, so we could trade markov and co for Vinny, also there's a lot of interest in komi as of now

Eklund at it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Option/1/21064

Do yourself and everybody else a favor and don't post anything about Eklund anymore....PLEASE!!!! All your doing is giving him support and hits to his website. If ANYTHING he ever said came true, I wouldn't mind, but when everything that comes out of the bums mouth is a lie....nothing he says is worth repeating.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
  #83
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
So you think Burke did all that for a 4th rounder? I think you will see some interesting things happen this summer when it comes to Toronto, and I dont believe he did that for a 4th round pick, I predict Vinny in TO.
2nd overall to toronto is more likely imo

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
  #84
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo2001 View Post
Not quite. Tell me, what endorsement deals does Lecavalier currently have in Quebec? Furthermore, those endorsements would be tied to a contract which, if terminated, would still grant Lecavalier the money he's owed. Him joining Toronto isn't a felony, unfortunately. And I've been to plenty Lighting-Habs games in recent years, and Lecavalier as a member of the Tampa Bay Lighting is booed regardless of the fact that he plays for a non-rival.

To say that Lecavalier ending up in Toronto is "100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal" is incredibly shortsighted when you consider the GM's currently in play.
Lol. You have it in reverse.

What is shortsided is believing that the GM in Toronto or Montreal makes any difference on who has the final decision, and that person who has the final decision is LECAVALIER (no matter if his NTC hasn't kicked in, Lawton promised Lecavalier he could chose his team, if he (lawton) doesn't abide to that, he won't be able to attract UFAs as his reputation through the NHLPA will be a bust). I can bet you WHATEVER you want that Lecavalier won't put Toronto on his list, and I can bet you WHATEVER you want that he will NOT end up in Toronto.

And stop believing Bryan Burke is such a good GM, we've already been over that one.

Also, I never heard once Lecavalier getting booed at the Bell Center. You know, going at the BC on acid is not the best way to enjoy a game, you might wanna consider that.

"""Him joining Toronto isn't a felony, unfortunately."""

You're still missing the point. And LEcavalier does have endorsement deals here. Yet again you point to them having to honor their contract, again, the point is FUTURE contracts. He won't get any out of Quebec and he did have many over the years.

The point remains that Lecavalier is THE ONE who WILL chose a list of destination and only in a Laffs fanboy's dream will Lecavalier will chose Toronto, when he will have so many choices that don't have the media and fan pressure that they have.

The only reason why Lecavalier would put Montreal on his list is for sentimental reasons, no matter if there is media and fan pressure, but if you take out that sentimental reason, he won't go and chose someplace where there is as much media and fan pressure and also a team that is in a downward spiral and starting to rebuild. Most people will agree that he'd probably add other city names waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Toronto, like LA who have a lot of great young players, sunshine and no media pressure.


Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-07-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:59 PM
  #85
havok78
Registered User
 
havok78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
I agree, IF Lawton decides to do this LA, is th eplace to go, they are THAT close, all they need is a bonafide #1 goalie, LA is the next "suprise" team..welll maybe not next but they are close....

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
  #86
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Lol. You have it in reverse poor you.

What is shortsided is believing that the GM in Toronto or Montreal makes any difference on who has the final decision, and that person who has the final decision is LECAVALIER (no matter if his NTC hasn't kicked in, Lawton promised Lecavalier he could chose his team, if he (lawton) doesn't abide to that, he won't be able to attract UFAs as his reputation through the NHLPA will be a bust). I can bet you WHATEVER you want that Lecavalier won't put Toronto on his list, and I can bet you WHATEVER you want that he will NOT end up in Toronto.

And stop believing Bryan Burke is such a good GM, we've already been over that one.

Also, I never heard once Lecavalier getting booed at the Bell Center. You know, going at the BC on acid is not the best way to enjoy a game, you might wanna consider that.

"""Him joining Toronto isn't a felony, unfortunately."""

No chite Sherlock. Thank you Captain Obvious.

You're still missing the point. And LEcavalier does have endorsement deals here. Yet again Captain Obvious points to them having to honor their contract, no chite, again, the point is FUTURE contracts you ****** ***. He won't get any out of Quebec and he did have many over the years.

The point remains that Lecavalier is THE ONE who WILL chose a list of destination and only in a Laffs fanboy's dream will Lecavalier will chose Toronto, when he will have so many choices that don't have the media and fan pressure that they have.

The only reason why Lecavalier would put Montreal on his list is for sentimental reasons, no matter if there is media and fan pressure, but if you take out that sentimental reason, he won't go and chose someplace where there is as much media and fan pressure and also a team that is in a downward spiral and starting to rebuild. Most people will agree that he'd probably add other city names waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Toronto, like LA who have a lot of great young players, sunshine and no media pressure.
No need to get all angry and aggressive.

To think that Lecavalier (until the NTC kicks in) has the final say in where he goes is incredibly naive, especially when you consider the moral fortitude that Lawton has displayed thus far.

You also might want to rethink the acid comment, seeing as how Lecavalier had this to say at the All-Star game; "I was very surprised, I didn't know what to expect," Lecavalier said of the reception he got from the fans. "To get cheered on like that on the ice — last time I was here I got booed, this time I got cheered, so I really appreciate it. It's really special everything [the fans] have done.". I guess Vince and I have the same acid dealer .

I also never said anything about whether Burke is a quality GM or not.

And for someone who thinks they know everything, that list you gave me of endorsements Vinny has in Quebec was rather short to say the least.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
  #87
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo2001 View Post
No need to get all angry and aggressive.

To think that Lecavalier (until the NTC kicks in) has the final say in where he goes is incredibly naive, especially when you consider the moral fortitude that Lawton has displayed thus far.
Hmmm, yeah and he probably has his job on the line because of that. Are you saying Lecavalier is extremely naive? Because that comment isn't from me, it's from him. He said that Lawton gave him the assurance that Lecavalier would chose a list of teams to go if he were to be traded, before his NTC kicks in. And why did Lawton do that? Because Lecavalier signed an 11 year contract thinking he would retire in Tampa. If ever Lawton comes back on his promise, he can expect the NHLPA to have him on their black list, and effectively, it won't take much time before Lawton ends-up with no management job in the NHL. The one who is naive is the one who believes Lawton wouldn't get any kind of consequences and repurcussions if he turns his back on what he promised to Lecavalier. So in the end, its Lecavalier who has the last word, deal with it. There's no way Lecavalier is gonna chose Toronto, for all the reasons I said before (fan and media pressure, reconstruction, not winning).

Quote:
You also might want to rethink the acid comment, seeing as how Lecavalier had this to say at the All-Star game; "I was very surprised, I didn't know what to expect," Lecavalier said of the reception he got from the fans. "To get cheered on like that on the ice — last time I was here I got booed, this time I got cheered, so I really appreciate it. It's really special everything [the fans] have done.". I guess Vince and I have the same acid dealer .
I watched all the games, and it was a rare occurence. Usually, actually, the majority of the time, Lecavalier doesn't get booed in Montreal. But you're probably right, one game makes the rule....

Quote:
I also never said anything about whether Burke is a quality GM or not.
"""To say that Lecavalier ending up in Toronto is "100 times more ridiculous than the one landing him in Montreal" is incredibly shortsighted when you consider the GM's currently in play."""

Well, unless one is shortsided, one would know Lawton isn't the one pulling the strings, and also, doesn't have a choice now to include Lecavalier in the decision of which team he wants to go to, so I presumed you were talking of Burke. Although, as it seems, you do believe that Lawton would kill his job by burning Lecavalier on his promise. Quite logical.

Quote:
And for someone who thinks they know everything, that list you gave me of endorsements Vinny has in Quebec was rather short to say the least.
Don't you watch TV? Listen to radio? It's like asking me to tell you what time it is, when you only have to look it up yourself. Also, if you actually want the list, as your poor attempt at creating a strawman isn't working, go ask his agent. The point is, he does have endorsement deals in Quebec and he would be killing many future contracts if he went to Toronto.

Yet you're gonna harp over this point, rather than actually understand the situation Lawton is in, and that Lecavalier WILL CHOSE his destination and that there are many more desirable destinations than Toronto that will go on Vinny's list. Still, any argument is laughable (or naive), according to you, its easy this way, you just need to give a swipe of the hand and throw it away instead of understanding it.

Here, if you are soooooooooo sure of your arguments, if you're so sure Lawton will go back on his promise to Lecavalier, wanna make a bet?

If Lecavalier goes to Toronto in a trade from Tampa Bay, I will change my username to the name of your choice (unless it goes against HF rules), for a whole year.

If Lecavalier gets traded to another city than Toronto, you will change your username to "Ozy Almighty", for a whole year.

He has to be traded before the start of next season or else the bet is nulled.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:18 PM
  #88
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlessgrin View Post
Eklund mentionned several times during the summer that Montréal would go after Lang if they failed to sign Sundin.

Here is one, dated August 22:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16541

Habs got him in September.

Not a big fan of Eklund, but I think some of his stuff is legit.

There were rumours of Tanguay to Montréal for awhile before he was traded here last summer too.

Pretty much everyone actually called out that Lang would be a good option ... Even the clowns on RDS.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
  #89
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Eklund thread starters at it again!!!!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.