HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade COL #3 '09 Pick for LA #5 '09 Pick +

Old
05-07-2009, 07:33 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
Oh, shut up. Stewart is not yet proven, but he's had more time to demonstrate his skills than Bernier. Maybe he would've gone onto score 20 goals, maybe not, but he probably would have scored some more points over the stretch of 82 games given his comfort level on the ice. Maybe if Bernier had played at least a dozen games or so you could defend posting this melodramatic paragraph. Bernier is very young and talented, and I'm not sure if Stewart for him is fair or not, but it's hard to defend the stance that Stewart is not more proven given that he has had more time in the NHL (compared to Bernier's four games) and has been noticed very positively even off the scoreboard.
Clearly, you misunderstood the entire point of my quote "melodramatic paragraph" (talk about reading into things too much). I'm not arguing that Stewart has more NHL experience. That's retardedly obvious. I simply made a general statement about the overuse and misuse of terminology that has to do with the potential of players. I sensed bias and called shenanigans. You may not see it the same way and that's fine. Just don't ***** about it please.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Clearly, you misunderstood the entire point of my quote "melodramatic paragraph" (talk about reading into things too much). I'm not arguing that Stewart has more NHL experience. That's retardedly obvious. I simply made a general statement about the overuse and misuse of terminology that has to do with the potential of players. I sensed bias and called shenanigans. You may not see it the same way and that's fine. Just don't ***** about it please.
It reeked of hyperbole on what was a credible argument. There are better ways to get your point across.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Thanks.
No problem.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
PeterTheGreat

I find it hard to believe that the Avs were shopping Smyth, when he was never even asked if he was willing to waive his NTC.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
I find it hard to believe that the Avs were shopping Smyth, when he was never even asked if he was willing to waive his NTC.
The Kings beat writer isn't a rumor monger. He hates talking about that kind of stuff. So when he does, it means it happened.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 10:31 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
It reeked of hyperbole on what was a credible argument. There are better ways to get your point across.
So, if I understand correctly, your beef is with my writing style then? Um...sorry? I promise there was no hand waving or any such exorbitant flares for the dramatic when I was producing my response.

Old
05-07-2009, 11:56 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So, if I understand correctly, your beef is with my writing style then?
Pretty much.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:58 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Pretty much.
Alright, I'm cool with that.