HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Proposal for Briere

Old
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
And since he was demoted from the Flyers' top pairing, the team played mediocre hockey and left the playoffs in six games. Funny how so many players not good enough for the Flyers (Vaananen, Eager, Sharpe, Recchi off the top of my head) are still playing.
I think the point he's trying to make is that everyone is making it seem like Ossi was some 1st pairing stud, and if that were the case he would get more than injury fill in time for Vancouver.

Just because Ossi saw time on the 1st pairing doesnt mean hes a 1st pairing dman. This team does weird things with its dmen. Remember Vandermeer played on the 1st pairing here too.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Oh stop being so dramatic...you make it sound like we're doomed because we lost Ossi from our 1st pairing. Get over it.

There's always a few players who were recent Flyers that are still in the playoffs. Get over yourself.
Well, Ossi played better then one hip Jones, Upshall and 2nd round pick is better then Carcillo (Flyers got screwed in this one big time), Metro was waived too.

I haven't watched last 30 something games and I just watched a few playoffs games but wasn't Jones injured? He was not 100%...

3 players suffered because injured Jones was on the team. Am I wrong?

What the hell was Homer thinking?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
TheKingPin

NO, the object is not just to trade Briere, its to turn our Fwds into Dmen and Goalies. It makes no sense to get these guy for Briere, we'd have Zues on the 4th line, thats stupid. And we wouldnt be saving any salary to get a goalie. Id rather trade Briere for Jbo's rights, at least way we basically turn Briere's salary into a top 5 Dman.

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
NO, the object is not just to trade Briere, its to turn our Fwds into Dmen and Goalies. It makes no sense to get these guy for Briere, we'd have Zues on the 4th line, thats stupid. And we wouldnt be saving any salary to get a goalie. Id rather trade Briere for Jbo's rights, at least way we basically turn Briere's salary into a top 5 Dman.

In a heartbeat. You've still got to sign JBo though. There'd be more involved if these two teams were trade partners.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
In a heartbeat. You've still got to sign JBo though. There'd be more involved if these two teams were trade partners.
Yea I could see Briere + Jones for JBo's rights and another piece. OR! Briere, Lupul, Jones, and a top prospect NOT named JVR for Voukun and JBo's rights. Could you imagine getting a top 5 dman and a potential top 5 goalie in one trade? Making our top 4 Timonen, JBo, Couburn, Parent. I mean that has to be tops in the league as far as youth and skill. Then add to that a top flight goalie, all while losing to good players, but non factors with us. Plus JVR can EASILY replace Lupul.

Old
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

All I know is that the Flyers best days of the season, was when Timonen was with Vaananen. They ruined a good thing because of their own mismanagement. Ossi would have been nice to have when Jones needed a walker to get around the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Since being claimed off waivers by the Canucks on February 27th, he has played in five games with average time on ice of 8:30. So in the last ten weeks he has been on the ice for 40 minutes.
He played the other night, while the Flyers watched. He wasn't as in-need there as he was here.

The Canucks as a 6-man unit, the Flyers could only wish.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
All I know is that the Flyers best days of the season, was when Timonen was with Vaananen. They ruined a good thing because of their own mismanagement. Ossi would have been nice to have when Jones needed a walker to get around the ice.

He played the other night, while the Flyers watched. He wasn't as in-need there as he was here.

yea and the highest paid dman is making 4.25. They are set up very well there. But you have to recognize that Luongo is backing them up making everyone one of them look better than they are. Which leads me to my next point...get Luongo.

Old
05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
yea and the highest paid dman is making 4.25. They are set up very well there. But you have to recognize that Luongo is backing them up making everyone one of them look better than they are. Which leads me to my next point...get Luongo.
Or maybe they're making Luongo look better.

The Canucks have at least 4 defensemen who would easily be at least our #3, some of them our #2.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 10:59 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Well put, GKJ couldn't have said it any better.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I know they won't do it...

But seriously people are interested in Briere. I like that.
I can only dream

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote